Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 12 Apr 2002, 21:16 (Ref:258476)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
ACO Membership

I received my ACO membership renewal forms today. Just as a matter of interest, how many of those who are going are members? (And I guess I should include those who are not going as well).
Old 12 Apr 2002, 21:36 (Ref:258489)   #2
FG1
Veteran

FG1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm a member, the ACO stand is worth it by itself.

FG
Old 13 Apr 2002, 01:50 (Ref:258599)   #3
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm a member -- the Entry List is worth the price, even without the place where you can eat breakfast trackside! I have my 2001 entry list almost completely autographed. The drivers love signing it.
Old 13 Apr 2002, 08:08 (Ref:258716)   #4
The Brethren
Rookie

England
Greenhithe,Kent
The Brethren should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We have 5 members in our posse, which helped no end last year getting all of our lot into the ACO hospitality to keep them out of the rain. Plus it means we can get a few of them into the ACO stand. More of them join every year when they realise what they are missing out on in the grandstand. It's a small price to pay, and you get that back anyway through the discount on the tickets....and hey.... you get free breakdown cover too !!! Which helped when Hinchy had to return his smashed Bimota to blighty two years ago.
Cheers
Rusty
Old 13 Apr 2002, 08:55 (Ref:258725)   #5
iucrmh
Racer

iucrmh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, I've been a member since 1999, worth it for the goodies. Haven't yet tried the ACO Grandstand, how early due you need to apply? How early can you apply? Will be in the Pits Grandstand again this year (no fencing in the way!).
Cheers
Mike
Old 13 Apr 2002, 09:08 (Ref:258730)   #6
FG1
Veteran

FG1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by iucrmh
Haven't yet tried the ACO Grandstand, how early due you need to apply? How early can you apply?
I have already applied for the ACO stand for 2003. They go very early, so I make sure I get mine in ASAP. As the ACO stand is raised it gives better viewing than many of the others, and you can see the cars coming out of the Porsche curves, through Ford and sometimes start to brake for the Dunlop.

You also get excellent views of the pits!

FG

Last edited by FG1; 13 Apr 2002 at 09:10.
Old 13 Apr 2002, 17:40 (Ref:259173)   #7
powermite
Rookie

powermite should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm a member too but as the three others in my group are cheapskates,we have had to give up the ACO stand and move down to the stand opposite the first pit(Bentley last year)
As far as the view is concerned,this stand is superior but I do miss the delightful latrines and bar.
PM
Old 13 Apr 2002, 17:44 (Ref:259175)   #8
powermite
Rookie

powermite should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
By the way,may I formally welcome Rusty into the 10 tenths forum and to warn any of you who do not know him,to ignore any postings after midnight as they are usually offensive and in a form of english that only he can understand.
PM
Old 13 Apr 2002, 20:58 (Ref:259281)   #9
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can anyone let me know how much it costs. and what the real benefits are?
Old 13 Apr 2002, 22:34 (Ref:259357)   #10
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It costs $100 Canadian, and the benefits are discounts on the tickets (and a special grandstand that is available only to members on a first-come, first-served basis), an entry list book listing every driver with all his vital statistics including his astrological sign and whether he's married (I am not making that up), a program, and after the race is over you get a frameable photo of the winning team on the podium and a bound version of the hourly updates that are given out to the press which detail what happens to each team and is fascinating reading. You usually get a poster of some kind too.

If you are actually at the race, you get these goodies on site; if not they are mailed to you.

Also available to ACO members on site are two welcome stations -- one right next to the track where you can sit and watch the race or have breakfast (my personal favourite) on the patio while the cars go by, the other a large covered patio type area with a wide screen TV, food, drink, and patio type tables. (The food and drink are expensive and the loos are just as bad as they are everywhere else, but at least there aren't such crowds to use them). A benefit that is not publicized is that each member can voucher in two guests who can pay the Euro equivalent of 30 francs for the weekend membership.
Old 13 Apr 2002, 22:52 (Ref:259377)   #11
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sounds pretty good, how much is it Sterling? Next year could be of vital importance!!
Old 13 Apr 2002, 23:16 (Ref:259390)   #12
The Brethren
Rookie

England
Greenhithe,Kent
Just renewed my membership and it comes in at around £55.
The hospitality area I believe used to be the old museum, and is very spacious.
As Liz says, food and drink is pricey, but that is the norm for the circuit.
You can buy tickets for friends at the Hospitality, and although they say it's for up to three guests, I personally bought 15 on my ticket !!!
The ACO Welcome doesn't come under the membership,and you have to pay the equivalent of about £15 each for the privelidge, unless you want to make a stand (and a point), then the security get fed up and let you in anyway.( dont forget to get your pass out after all the effort you've made to get in for free! )
Good place to watch the race from though, particularly at night. Has good spacious areas too just for hanging out.And the area above the old press building is unsupassable for evening viewing of the pits.
Cheers
Rusty
(ps. thanx for the welcome PM)
Old 15 Apr 2002, 14:09 (Ref:261143)   #13
bigh
Racer

bigh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wotcher Rusty,
Have you started marinading the chili yet?
BigH
Old 15 Apr 2002, 14:26 (Ref:261162)   #14
The Brethren
Rookie

England
Greenhithe,Kent

Hi H,
Chili's on the brew as we speak.
You must come over to Karting Nord on friday evening and try some if you are man enough.
See you there
Rusty
Old 16 Apr 2002, 00:28 (Ref:261611)   #15
Liz
Veteran

I have always got in the welcome area free. The first year I was there they thought I was Crew (don't ask) and last year they didn't even ask.