Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

View Poll Results: Super Touring v BTC-Touring
BTC-Touring 20 54.05%
Super Touring 17 45.95%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 6 Jul 2002, 20:15 (Ref:328311)   #26
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
50/50 so far - seems to be overtaking versus looks - I'll go for overtaking every time.
Old 6 Jul 2002, 20:24 (Ref:328316)   #27
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The biggest hurdle I think everyone needs to get over is trying to forget the past, all the good times of Super Touring, and the so called "big names" we had in the 90's.

How many people had heard of the likes of Alain Menu, Rickard Rydell et al 10 years ago? Probably not an awful lot which is why you get people wondering who the likes Colin Turkington and Paul O'Neill are nowadays - these are our new big names.
Old 7 Jul 2002, 06:10 (Ref:328480)   #28
steve bang
Rookie

steve bang should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Punting in racing is either good or bad , depends if you're watching or paying the repair bills.
Old 7 Jul 2002, 08:50 (Ref:328515)   #29
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
People say we need big names but in a few years we will! Gavin Pyper, 23 Tom Ferrier, 20 Gordon Shedden, 24 Tom Chilton, 17 Gareth Howell, 21, Colin Turkington, 20 to name a few and they are all under 24!
Old 17 Jul 2002, 18:27 (Ref:335880)   #30
garry
Racer

garry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would like to know how many of you who think rubbing is racing are actual racers instead of spectators.
I believe that a lot of people go to watch racing to see the odd bit of contact but if you have to make contact with someone to get by then you do not deserve to overtake.
I beleive that I am a hard racer but I do not ever remeber having to make contact to get by.
In the Formula Saloon Car Championship we have good hard and fair racing and although contact is soemtimes inevitable it is very rarely deliberate. It is possible for Super Tourers to race and overtake without making contact. We do not race just to put on a good show but it is a bonus if the spectators have enjoyed a good clean race as much as we did.
Contact is an unfortunate by-product of racing but it is definately not an important part.
Old 17 Jul 2002, 18:34 (Ref:335886)   #31
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by garry
I would like to know how many of you who think rubbing is racing are actual racers instead of spectators.
I believe that a lot of people go to watch racing to see the odd bit of contact but if you have to make contact with someone to get by then you do not deserve to overtake.
I beleive that I am a hard racer but I do not ever remeber having to make contact to get by.
In the Formula Saloon Car Championship we have good hard and fair racing and although contact is soemtimes inevitable it is very rarely deliberate. It is possible for Super Tourers to race and overtake without making contact. We do not race just to put on a good show but it is a bonus if the spectators have enjoyed a good clean race as much as we did.
Contact is an unfortunate by-product of racing but it is definately not an important part.
I am not a racing driver(difficult when you are only 14!) but contact in racing is inevitable and accpetible. All the drivers give as good as they get. When unacceptable(in the eyes of TOCA) contact is made, penalties are enforced apon the relevent offending drivers. Which IMO is fair enough.
Old 17 Jul 2002, 18:46 (Ref:335895)   #32
Tim Harvey Fan
Racer

Tim Harvey Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Super Touring just because the field was larger and more diverse
Old 17 Jul 2002, 20:29 (Ref:335979)   #33
simon m
Rookie

simon m should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I say BTC Touring because they sound more or less the same as the Super Tourers did. They do sound a <I> little </I> bit different but not too much. Plus they have far better racing and I think they they look better, and also the super tourers seem about twice as big as the BTC Production. Obviously they're not. Don't think I'm thick. But then again....
Old 17 Jul 2002, 21:24 (Ref:336026)   #34
O'Schumacher
Racer

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire, England
O'Schumacher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Super touring was great from 91-96, then the aerodynamics changed and overtaking became impossible. 2000 was the worst season ever.
Old 25 Jul 2002, 22:32 (Ref:342900)   #35
touringcarnut
Veteran

India
Hyderabad, India
touringcarnut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have devised a BTCC formula:

30+ cars on a narrow circuit= contact.

Contact IS part of touring cars, if you don't want to see it, watch the F1 cars following each other, and hear James Allen getting excited when a car comes within 1/2 mile of another one.

The BTCC will always be about a bit of paint rubbing, a nudge here and push there, its when it goes beyond the limit that i get annoyed- and wrecks the other guy's race. e.g. some of the pushing in 2001 was right out of order.