Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 17 Nov 2009, 16:27 (Ref:2583600)   #1
CJCA
Rookie

United Kingdom
Salop
CJCA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gerry Marshall and Tony Lanfrachi... Club racing's Gods!!! These two are up in the sky at a bar drinking together, wondering what has happened to today's "club" racing!!
Old 17 Nov 2009, 18:33 (Ref:2583655)   #2
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Many a good night had been spent down at the White Horse in Silverstone with Gerry
Old 21 Nov 2009, 09:19 (Ref:2586274)   #3
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJCA View Post
Gerry Marshall and Tony Lanfrachi... Club racing's Gods!!! These two are up in the sky at a bar drinking together, wondering what has happened to today's "club" racing!!
I was both fortunate and un-fortunate to be in Gerry's company at Tone's 'wake' and I doubt we shall ever see their like again. Long may both their memories stand as tribute to the 'game'.
Old 21 Nov 2009, 09:28 (Ref:2586279)   #4
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by p261brm View Post
I was both fortunate and un-fortunate to be in Gerry's company at Tone's 'wake' and I doubt we shall ever see their like again. Long may both their memories stand as tribute to the 'game'.
Unfortunate in what way? Tell us the story.....
Old 21 Nov 2009, 10:15 (Ref:2586305)   #5
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerwills View Post
Unfortunate in what way? Tell us the story.....
Simple, Tone was no longer with us, and Gerry was soon to follow. my association with both went back to the day's in the bar at Brands, along with Whizzo Warren Pearce, Quicky a man called Hunt the .... Chatty, Britten, Gabrial, so many; and with Mark Konig Tone and the Nomad's which had BRM engines then, Gerry yours truly et al gave Tone a good send off and the mother and father of a headache for most of us, 'sliding a few down' in Lanfranchi parlance.
Old 25 Nov 2009, 19:49 (Ref:2589184)   #6
CJCA
Rookie

United Kingdom
Salop
CJCA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by p261brm View Post
I doubt we shall ever see their like again. Long may both their memories stand as tribute to the 'game'.
Unfortunately, we probably shall not!! Their memories on the other hand, shall remain with most, if not all who read on this forum. I have based my helmet design on that of Lanfranchi's which some of you may or may not have seen.

ChrisA
Old 29 Nov 2009, 17:31 (Ref:2591282)   #7
GBRM
Veteran

England
GBRM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJCA View Post
I have based my helmet design on that of Lanfranchi's which some of you may or may not have seen.

ChrisA
Have you got a pic of your helmet Chris?
I've recently given Tony's nephew a load of photos that Dad had collected of TL; he was a big fan of him - a bit strange I know!!