Yes 16 45.71%
No 19 54.29%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 8 Oct 2003, 14:03 (Ref:744111)   #1
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cheating, yes or no?

Do you cheat in games?

Do you cut corners in racing games, knowing that you won't get punished for it?

Do you use codes to get new tracks/new levels etc?

Why?

Old 8 Oct 2003, 14:35 (Ref:744142)   #2
MichaelH
Veteran

Ukraine
Northumberland, England
MichaelH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In some cases, yes.

Formula One 2003, middle of a race, Albert Park, nobody around me, just trying to make up time, I'll use the escape road to cut the Jim Clark Chicane every time. Otherwise, generally not unless I have no interest in completing a game properly, as in Midtown Madness 3, where I stuck in a code to get all cars. Easy.
Old 8 Oct 2003, 14:46 (Ref:744150)   #3
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i don't chest in game (like GTA, GTA3) because i am afraid it'll ruin the ending for me, or just make it not so fun. Inn the racing games, i don't cut corner -often only if i get out infront by such a huge margin i want to get it over with or if i am behind by such a huge margin i want to get back to the pack. i guess i am a cheater-
I don't like codes or hacks though that's awful...
Old 8 Oct 2003, 15:17 (Ref:744177)   #4
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tony Hawks Por Skater 4 i used cheats, but now i'm completing it honestly. Never cheated in any other game though
Old 8 Oct 2003, 15:41 (Ref:744206)   #5
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't use cheats .. never ... and every time I start a game at least in advance difficulty ..

Ciao Marco
Old 8 Oct 2003, 17:26 (Ref:744331)   #6
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't cut corners, I just take them the fastest possible without being penalized (as there are black flags and stop%go's in F1 Challenge).

But fer example, at Monaco my frame rate is so poor I have to do at least the first lap with invulnerability, because it's so bad it freezes every 5 or 6 seconds.
Old 8 Oct 2003, 17:41 (Ref:744346)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Using codes and gamebreakers is just a waste of your money you splashed on the game.

Then again, you could say that using the best car on the game is cheating, unless you've worked for it. That's where some F1 games come a cropper.
Old 8 Oct 2003, 18:29 (Ref:744398)   #8
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nah, no cheats for me. Takes out all the fun of it. Takes out all sence of achivement from a win.
Old 8 Oct 2003, 19:04 (Ref:744421)   #9
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
In Sportscar GT I used a code to unlock all the tracks, because I wanted to run Sebring and Mosport. I don't feel as if I had to earn them some other way.

Other than that, I don't cheat. It's all in setup of the car, anyway.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 9 Oct 2003, 08:08 (Ref:744867)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've certainly used the SCGT cheats to run the extra cars and tracks, but I've never used a cheat in the way it is being referred to here (I think). I've certainly used cheats in other types of game. When I used to play Doom (that dates me!) I used all the cheats so I could blast away at the enemy with nothing to fear - soon got tired of that though. Don't have time these days to play other games.....
Old 9 Oct 2003, 14:10 (Ref:745280)   #11
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Doom ..hmm .. i've missed doom(1,2etc) . and jumped directly from Wolfenstein to Quake .. hmm .. what time ... i remember being young

Ciao Marco
Old 9 Oct 2003, 18:20 (Ref:745557)   #12
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i'll cheat if im not good enough tio keep up wit the pack, and as i get better i'll gradually begin to cheat less.
Cheating on GPL is very hard because the stering can get screwed, though it is possible at Silverstone and Monza.
Old 9 Oct 2003, 21:26 (Ref:745711)   #13
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You won't cheat in races. And we'll know instantly if you have

Cheating is a taboo in the World of GPL. I advice against it....
Old 10 Oct 2003, 02:27 (Ref:745852)   #14
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if it to get extra tracks or something like that, yes ... but, racing online or playing couter-strike ... then no.
Old 10 Oct 2003, 03:07 (Ref:745861)   #15
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
how do you cheat in GPL? never heard of it. and counterstrike- oh cheating there is horrible, i really makes it no fun for anyone.
speaking of cheats, I am having a devil of a time making it to the LOLA world championship in Toca Race driver, i am stuck doing DTM, V8 supercars and Eurotour, over and over.
man is there no way to get magic grip or something...iam at my wits end
Old 10 Oct 2003, 06:09 (Ref:745931)   #16
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by gttouring
how do you cheat in GPL?

GEM+ Engine Swapper. There's no harm in swapping engines, just as long as you don't go racing online or setting new PB's. For instance, you could put the DFV in a BRM and then go and do an insane lap at Monaco and claim it as a valid PB, or go racing online and win...

Or you could just rail-ride at Monza and Monaco, cut certain corners completely like Becketts at Silverstone (ie cutting from T2 straight to T4)

You could even alter the physics... Or create shortcuts in tracks that no-one else can see.

Those last two are very difficult to do.

I've never cheated in GPL though. It's too much of a good game to bother.
Old 10 Oct 2003, 12:43 (Ref:746245)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think engine-swapping is both unfair and pointless. I mean, what purpose can it possible serve other than to give a false impression that you're quicker than you really are? I'd rather race a genuine BRM at Spa and see how close I can keep to the front-runners in their Lotii and Eagles than chuck a DFV in the old girl so that I can pretend I'm an alien.......
Old 10 Oct 2003, 18:36 (Ref:746607)   #18
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
NOPE!! never cheat, WHATS the use of buying the game then?
Old 10 Oct 2003, 19:57 (Ref:746660)   #19
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
I think engine-swapping is both unfair and pointless. I mean, what purpose can it possible serve other than to give a false impression that you're quicker than you really are? I'd rather race a genuine BRM at Spa and see how close I can keep to the front-runners in their Lotii and Eagles than chuck a DFV in the old girl so that I can pretend I'm an alien.......
I did it to try Bruce's Lotus 43-BRM. Did a lap round the ring and it was terrible
Old 12 Oct 2003, 15:44 (Ref:748453)   #20
Korr
Racer

Korr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will go into cheat mode if the game becomes boring or repetitive.

I don't cheat in F1 2002, as the whole point is to learn and become a better sim driver.

Need for Speed, well, I cheated endlessly in that game since it was so much fun!
Old 12 Oct 2003, 18:00 (Ref:748578)   #21
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I only use the all weapons cheats in games like Grand Theft Auto.
Old 13 Oct 2003, 08:44 (Ref:749181)   #22
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by pirenzo
You won't cheat in races. And we'll know instantly if you have

Cheating is a taboo in the World of GPL. I advice against it....
I wouldn't dream of cheating in races, not as in downloading stuff as is said above, or creating shortcuts (i didn't even know you could until it was mentioned)

i just rail run when i get in problems, but its faster not to anyway.
Old 13 Oct 2003, 09:33 (Ref:749224)   #23
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
If you get stuck at a certain point in a game and can't get past it cheats can be useful - use the cheats to get past the problem and then carry on without the cheats.

I can understand why people do use the cheat codes though - if you've spent £30 or whatever on a game you want to be able to use all the tracks/cars. There are some people who'll never unlock all the available features so are in a sense not getting the same value for money out of the game.
Old 13 Oct 2003, 12:07 (Ref:749412)   #24
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I must admit I'm not a fan of games where you have to "unlock" anything - whether it be cars, tracks, guns or whatever. If I've paid for the damn thing, I don't expect to be dictated to as to how I play it!
Old 13 Oct 2003, 14:00 (Ref:749632)   #25
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
But games like GTA Vice City would be to easy if you started with the chaingun and the rest of the big weapons, slowly unlocking moer areas and weapons makes the game more fun...saying that i did cheat eventually!