Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One > Predictions Contest & Fun

Old 27 Mar 2023, 12:09 (Ref:4149350)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Saudi Arabian Grand Prix - Predictions Contest 2023 - Round 2 of 23 - Results

Congratulations to Beau2 on making it two straight wins in the opening couple of events.

What happened in Saudi Arabia

The most commonly-predicted drivers in their correct placings were Alonso and Hamilton (with 4 people getting them in 3rd and 5th respectively, but only once the same person - rika).

Unlike in Bahrain, where the winner was the most correctly-predicted driver in his exact placing, no-one got Pérez as the winner.

Also unlike in Bahrain, no-one got the complete correct podium. Actually, no-one had more than 1 person in their correct position on the podium (but 8 had the top three on the podium in some order).

Lance Stroll was the most erroneously-predicted top 10 finisher (15/15 putting him in their top 10), but of the Grand Prix finishers, Lando Norris was the most erroneously-predicted, with 8th going for him (and the McLaren driver achieving but a 17th place).

Only Notso Swift, Aysedasi, TCT, Gnussi and wolfhound got 1 person right in their qualifying predictions. No-one got higher (very different if you compare it to Bahrain).

This time, though, 8/15 got Red Bull as fastest lap holders.

Despite repeating the feat from Bahrain, for the second race in a row, nobody got Ferrari as Fastest Pit stop holders.

No-one got Verstappen or Pérez as Driver of the Race and Driver of the Grand Prix respectively (although some put Verstappen for the latter poll award).

9 put Red Bull as Team of the Grand Prix, going 1 higher than in Bahrain (where there were 8 predictions for Aston Martin).

11/15 predicted the Grand Prix to be voted as a 5 or a 6, also up 1 from Bahrain.

Like in Bahrain, the Grand Prix had a mode score which was 1 higher than its mean.

Gnussi and rika had 9 of the 10 finishers drivers in their top 10 (with each missing Magnussen and with Stroll in there instead), 1 up from the highest number of predictions from Round 1.

TrapezeArtist, crmalcolm, steve_r and Teretonga all shared the fewest top 10 finishers (with 7), 1 up from the lowest number of predictions in Bahrain.

Winner Beau2 had the highest number in their correct slots (witih 4), 1 down from the highest number in Bahrain.

As in Round 1, only 2 got the finishing range right (crmalcolm and Notso Swift). It was 18, 1 higher than in Bahrain.

I was the only one to predict a mode of pit stops of 1.

I also got 88 points, exactlty the same score as in Bahrain.

Saudi Arabian Grand Prix Results

1. Pérez
2. Verstappen
3. Alonso
4. Russell
5. Hamilton
6. Sainz
7. Leclerc
8. Ocon
9. Gasly
10. Magnussen

Qualifying
1. Pérez
2. Leclerc
3. Alonso

Fastest lap: Red Bull
Fastest pit stop: Ferrari
Weather: Dry
formula1.com Driver of the Day: Verstappen
Driver of the Grand Prix: Pérez
Team of the Grand Prix: Red Bull
Rate the Grand Prix: 6 (mode) & 5 (mean, rounded up from 4.70833333).
Number of finishers: 18
Number of pit stops: 1

Saudi Arabian Grand Prix Predictions Contest Results

1. Beau2 - 102
2. smellysocks - 98
= TCT - 98
4. Gnussi - 93
= rika - 93
= wolfhound - 93
7. Notso Swift - 90
= Born Racer Fan - 90
9. Born Racer - 88
10. BTCC frog - 84
11. Teretonga - 77
12. steve_r - 75
13. Aysedasi - 73
14. crmalcolm - 71
15. TrapezeArtist - 69

Championship standings after Round 2 of 23

1. Beau2 - 213
2. Gnussi - 199
3. Born Racer Fan - 197
4. wolfhound - 188
5. smellysocks - 185
6. Notso Swift - 182
7. TCT - 177
8. Born Racer - 176
9. BTCC frog - 173
10. TrapezeArtist - 172
11. rika - 167
12. steve_r - 158
13. Teretonga - 150
14. crmalcolm - 132
15. Aysedasi - 131

Number of wins so far this season

Beau2 - 2

Winners by event

Bahrain: Beau2
Saudi Arabia: Beau2

Predictions for Australia are now open. https://tentenths.com/forum/showthre...49#post4149349
Old 27 Mar 2023, 12:14 (Ref:4149351)   #2
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 27 Mar 2023, 12:19 (Ref:4149352)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
You're doing better than me! But then everyone is doing better than me!
Old 27 Mar 2023, 12:23 (Ref:4149355)   #4
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
You're doing better than me! But then everyone is doing better than me!
It's only a Gnat's Whisker