Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 28 Mar 2023, 06:33 (Ref:4149447)   #751
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It's ok, you won't see that kind on the road. And nothing wrong with buying from RoadArmor, people like a good bargain
Old 28 Mar 2023, 13:58 (Ref:4149489)   #752
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
A literal "catch". I was driving opo direction after turning around because of being stopped by an excavator and a backhoe in the middle of a highway....

She's a right hand drive, mid engine, mail delivery machine because the sticks. I can't recall the last time I've seen one moving.

Saw one of my own today
Old 28 Mar 2023, 14:29 (Ref:4149494)   #753
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Saw one of my own today
Yes!
Old 28 Mar 2023, 14:36 (Ref:4149496)   #754
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That one really shows off the B pillar design at its best.
Old 28 Mar 2023, 21:12 (Ref:4149530)   #755
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
That one really shows off the B pillar design at its best.
One of my favorite parts of the Previa was that it looked like nothing else. We rarely get to see manufacturers take a chance on a daring design for a mainstream vehicle these days.
Old 28 Mar 2023, 22:57 (Ref:4149536)   #756
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They designed that bit? Interesting.
Old 29 Mar 2023, 16:23 (Ref:4149608)   #757
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A certain user here might enjoy the correct driving position version of a certain coupe
Old 29 Mar 2023, 17:08 (Ref:4149614)   #758
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
A certain user here might enjoy the correct driving position version of a certain coupe
Correct driving position? Admit he is sitting with everything at the right angle, all very correct.... just he is sitting in the wrong side of the car!
Old 30 Mar 2023, 02:15 (Ref:4149651)   #759
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...d97e1a4610.jpg
A series 2 as well Albeit one that got off the wrong side of the production line in Coventry

I could go on about how it was built in a RHD country and all, but lot more were made for the US market.

Anorak fact: the US version had to have those indicators on the side and just the twin carbs. Although I assume it is pretty common to now just bolt on the triple SUs.

He should stay to close to the Kia, anything could happen
Old 30 Mar 2023, 12:00 (Ref:4149669)   #760
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
A series 2 as well Albeit one that got off the wrong side of the production line in Coventry

I could go on about how it was built in a RHD country and all, but lot more were made for the US market.

Anorak fact: the US version had to have those indicators on the side and just the twin carbs. Although I assume it is pretty common to now just bolt on the triple SUs.

He should stay to close to the Kia, anything could happen
My dad actually has a little "spanner" cut out of sheet aluminum made exactly for the nuts on an E-Type carb. Think they were triple SUs, it was a teacher at the high school's car and they worked on it in the auto shop back when they used to teach such things. Still has a couple custom cut sheet tools in the tool box, no use for them but can't throw them away
Old 30 Mar 2023, 12:12 (Ref:4149671)   #761
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Wonderful.

Balancing three is a right pain. You need to practice a lot I think. The pros are great at it. Me not so much!
Old 30 Mar 2023, 13:03 (Ref:4149674)   #762
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Wonderful.

Balancing three is a right pain. You need to practice a lot I think. The pros are great at it. Me not so much!

Even balancing two carbs can be a nightmare. When racing my Anglia, I had two twin Weber DCOE 45s which my weekend helper mechanic, very much of the old school, used to be able to balance them perfectly just by listening to them using a screwdriver against the covering of the chokes when on tick-over.

That screwdriver was only ever used as a type of stethoscope, and was commissioned to listen to hear whether the tappets were set correctly (usually done when the rocker cover was off) and the interns of the engine were performing as well as possible.
Old 30 Mar 2023, 14:37 (Ref:4149692)   #763
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Exactly that, his stetho was a busted one from the ambulance service with a steel rod. And yup, that is in the toolbox as well

But I grew up with the drawer of Lucas and learned that with my old Ford. Any electrical part that didn't work wasn't broken, it might just not work today so in the drawer it went until the nest part died and the old one might work
Old 30 Mar 2023, 15:13 (Ref:4149697)   #764
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Exactly that, his stetho was a busted one from the ambulance service with a steel rod. And yup, that is in the toolbox as well

But I grew up with the drawer of Lucas and learned that with my old Ford. Any electrical part that didn't work wasn't broken, it might just not work today so in the drawer it went until the nest part died and the old one might work

You have reminded me of the occasion when I had just increased the capacity of my old pushrod engine during a rebuild in the Anglia, and decided that, being the start of the new season, it would be prudent to take the opportunity of an open test day at the nearest track.

When I went to start the car, it wouldn't fire no matter what we tried. In desperation we decided to swap the condenser with the one from my Mum's car which I had borrowed for the day. Immediately that was done, the engine fired immediately and we then loaded the car onto the trailer and rushed off to the circuit.

Many hours later, we returned and after locking the car and trailer away, I jumped into Mum's car, completely forgetting about the swapped part (I was in a rush to get to my part time job in a friend's pub), the car started first twist of the key and off I went, without giving it a thought.

A few years later, my Mum gave the car to my wife as a present for her passing her driving test. And in all those years, the condenser never gave any problems! Go figure, eh!
Old 30 Mar 2023, 22:57 (Ref:4149728)   #765
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Going in a slightly different direction. Two examples of F series Fords from the early 90s I saw about 30 mins apart. One in a step side flavor and the other was just about as long as you could get or want.
Old 31 Mar 2023, 13:19 (Ref:4149790)   #766
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Going in a slightly different direction. Two examples of F series Fords from the early 90s I saw about 30 mins apart. One in a step side flavor and the other was just about as long as you could get or want.
I think the wheelbase on the extended cab is longer than my entire car.
Old 31 Mar 2023, 21:09 (Ref:4149844)   #767
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Classic Mitsubishi paint job here
Old 1 Apr 2023, 02:30 (Ref:4149861)   #768
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Banner day for me
Old 1 Apr 2023, 16:00 (Ref:4149913)   #769
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Probably not rare for some but here in Georgia that's the only one I've seen. Wouldn't mind one myself
Old 1 Apr 2023, 21:52 (Ref:4149951)   #770
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
I sure don't think i've seen one here.
Old 1 Apr 2023, 23:46 (Ref:4149955)   #771
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
European station wagons. Mmmmm. The perfect daily.
Old 2 Apr 2023, 13:01 (Ref:4150068)   #772
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
European station wagons. Mmmmm. The perfect daily.
I wonder how long it will be before the current preferred family hauler is replaced here. For decades it was wagon territory, then in the 80's the wagon was replaced by the minivan. Then in the 2000's the minivan was replaced by the suv. Is that clock running out, or has that category become so diverse that there is no replacing it? automotive design singularity?
Old 2 Apr 2023, 16:41 (Ref:4150112)   #773
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yet another Sunday with bacon rolls, double espressos and cars. Some may not be recognisable to our friends from over the pond.

https://www.smugmug.com/gallery/n-K2K5vF
Old 2 Apr 2023, 19:01 (Ref:4150146)   #774
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh now there are memories stirred by some of those. I had the Honda Civic version of the Rover, had a 1.4vtec in the Rover body. That engine never stopped pulling, body fell apart which was the norm for Rovers.

When I was at Uni one of the other guys occasionally drove his fathers Scimitar . He’d often stop to pick me up as I walked the last part of the journey in the mornings.
It was an understated classic then and that was 30 years ago.
Old 3 Apr 2023, 10:15 (Ref:4150241)   #775
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Surprise car park spot for me this weekend was this Aston at Sissinghurst Castle. Amongst a sea of sensible old folk hatchbacks and assorted wankpanzers it stuck out like a sore thumb.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8623.jpg