Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 12 Apr 2021, 13:45 (Ref:4045701)   #26
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Oops, I had forgotten about this thread.
Old 12 Apr 2021, 13:49 (Ref:4045703)   #27
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Oops, I had forgotten about this thread.
To be honest - I'm not really sure the C5X fits neatly in any thread. Reading the release(s) from Citroen, I think that is the point...
Old 12 Apr 2021, 16:49 (Ref:4045716)   #28
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I like it.
Old 12 Apr 2021, 16:53 (Ref:4045717)   #29
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
I like it.

I don't mind it, HOWEVER, either the car is too jacked up, or the wheels are far too small for the wheel arches. It looks odd to me.
Old 12 Apr 2021, 17:01 (Ref:4045720)   #30
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I don't mind it, HOWEVER, either the car is too jacked up, or the wheels are far too small for the wheel arches. It looks odd to me.
True

I assume it's more of a SUV like car so would increase wheels.
Old 13 Apr 2021, 11:26 (Ref:4045815)   #31
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
True

I assume it's more of a SUV like car so would increase wheels.
It's almost those weird BMW smashed "SUV" things, the even numbered ones. They look like design by committee, every styling for every one but final design cohesion was left out. They just look awkward to me, and on 20 or 22" wheels they and the MB ones just look well. forum decorum dictates I not say.

That said we're looking at new cars for the wife and dear god I wish we actually had estate cars here. The few I've found in the US still are Volvos and my personal favorite but she hated the price, the RS6 (Avant here, don't ask no one knows why). We need the space for her farmer's market stuff but we don't need the lift off the ground for no reason of the SUV.
Old 13 Apr 2021, 14:03 (Ref:4045851)   #32
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
The C5X is 4.80 m long and 1.48 m tall. So clearly a D-segment liftback/wagon, not a crossover.
Old 13 Apr 2021, 14:26 (Ref:4045854)   #33
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
That said we're looking at new cars for the wife and dear god I wish we actually had estate cars here. The few I've found in the US still are Volvos and my personal favorite but she hated the price, the RS6 (Avant here, don't ask no one knows why). We need the space for her farmer's market stuff but we don't need the lift off the ground for no reason of the SUV.
I'm in the same situation - need a new car with plenty of boot space, SUVs are tall for no reason and have less space than an equivalently priced estate. Current estate favourites are all VAG creations - Golf, Leon, Octavia (the wife ruled out Volvos - we're not old enough for a Volvo apparently )
Old 13 Apr 2021, 15:03 (Ref:4045867)   #34
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i have the Golf Alltrack...wonderful car!
Old 16 Apr 2021, 11:55 (Ref:4046217)   #35
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This could also have gone in the EV thread, but I placed it here because the focus seems to be on the body type rather than power train.

Zeekr 001

'The Zeekr 001 has been revealed in China, with its creators claiming it's the first electric shooting brake produced for the mass market.

Owned by Geely - the Chinese multinational behind Volvo, Polestar, Lotus and the London Electric Vehicle Company - Zeekr is a brand-new, premium-focused brand. The company says the 001 will be delivered to customers in China from October this year ahead of a global roll-out in 2022.

The 001 will be offered with either an 86kWh or 100kWh battery, delivering up to 435 miles of range on a single charge. Zeekr plans to build a network of 2200 charging stations across China by the end of 2023, claiming speeds of up to 360kW.'

Old 16 Apr 2021, 12:43 (Ref:4046232)   #36
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Surely that is a saloon, not an estate?
Old 16 Apr 2021, 13:04 (Ref:4046237)   #37
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Surely that is a saloon, not an estate?
It's definitely not a saloon - the rear opening is hinged above the window.

Whether it is a hatchback or shooting brake is open to interpretation. The two reasons I would call this a Shooting Brake as opposed to a hatchback are:
A - the rear opening is hinged at the 'D' pillar location rather than the 'C' pillar.
B - the manufacturer has designated it as a shooting brake.

So it fits into the Estate/Station Wagon/Shooting Brake/Sports Tourer category IMO.
Old 16 Apr 2021, 14:53 (Ref:4046258)   #38
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Just a redesign of Lynk & Co 05?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynk_%26_Co_05
Old 16 Apr 2021, 14:59 (Ref:4046259)   #39
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Just a redesign of Lynk & Co 05?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynk_%26_Co_05
It's probably closer related to the 02 rather than the 05.

Some indications are that Geely used the 02 as the base model, before undergoing slight modification to turn the compact SUV into a Shooting Brake for the launch of their Zeekr brand.
Old 17 Apr 2021, 18:47 (Ref:4046435)   #40
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
I don't see the point of having so many brands.
Old 18 Apr 2021, 16:29 (Ref:4046549)   #41
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
I don't see the point of having so many brands.
Agree

I think it will be hard for Lynk & Co to get of the ground in Europe. Same for brands like Cupra and DS.

With less automotive history maybe it's easier in China.
Old 19 Apr 2021, 10:42 (Ref:4046680)   #42
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Agree

I think it will be hard for Lynk & Co to get of the ground in Europe. Same for brands like Cupra and DS.

DS is well-established in Europe.
Old 1 Dec 2021, 08:46 (Ref:4086100)   #43
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Vauxhall Astra Sports Tourer

'The new Vauxhall Astra will gain an estate variant that, like its hatchback sibling, features electrified powertrains and the brand’s new-era design.

The Astra Sports Tourer will be offered with a choice of plug-in hybrid, petrol and diesel engines. Plug-in hybrid models offer 221bhp, while petrol and diesel variants produce between 108bhp and 128bhp.

The Sports Tourer measures 4.6m long, 1.8m wide and 1.4m tall. Non-electrified models offer 608 litres of boot space with all seats in place and 1636 litres with the rear seats folded down, while the plug-in hybrid has 548 litres and 1574 litres respectively. Load height stands at 60cm.

Petrol and diesel models are available with Vauxhall’s optional Intelli-Space feature, which adds a movable load floor that can be tilted at a 45deg angle. Also included is a retractable boot storage cover that can be stored below the floor.

Intelli-Space includes improved storage areas for first aid and flat tyre kits, which are now discreetly hidden and can be accessed from the boot or rear seats. Vauxhall says this means drivers will not have to completely unpack the boot to access them. '
Old 1 Dec 2021, 09:28 (Ref:4086111)   #44
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
That's not too bad looking (certainly from the rear). It's suffering from a lack of physical buttons in the cabin though (presumably this is carry over from Peugeot).
Old 2 Dec 2021, 08:24 (Ref:4086230)   #45
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
That's not too bad looking (certainly from the rear). It's suffering from a lack of physical buttons in the cabin though (presumably this is carry over from Peugeot).
The interior is (apparently) identical to the hatchback variant.

The Peugeot interior is below. Yes, I can see the similarity, but personally I think the Vauxhall version is 'cleaner'.

Old 23 Jun 2022, 06:40 (Ref:4116685)   #46
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I see BMW have launched a nice sensible M3 Touring.

The estate rear end actually balances out the massive front grilles better than the saloon/coupe versions.
Old 18 Oct 2022, 16:53 (Ref:4130746)   #47
MT43
Rookie

MT43 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That BMW looks gorgeous.
Old 18 Oct 2022, 18:13 (Ref:4130751)   #48
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
The rear of the current Beemers is not the problem, the front is a different story...
Old 18 Oct 2022, 18:34 (Ref:4130756)   #49
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
The rear of the current Beemers is not the problem, the front is a different story...
So true..... to be fair this one isnt as bad as some but it still looks just odd, clumsy and out of place.... like a young daughter going out with their Mums high heels on.

Last edited by E.B; 18 Oct 2022 at 18:39.
Old 18 Oct 2022, 18:46 (Ref:4130759)   #50
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
So true..... to be fair this one isnt as bad as some but it still looks just odd, clumsy and out of place.... like a young daughter going out with their Mums high heels on.

Problem is 4 Serie, 7 Serie and some of the i and X models.