Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Oct 2023, 05:30 (Ref:4183471)   #1
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Mexican Grand Prix

Looks like BR has been waylaid so I'll kick this off.

Practice and Qualifying has all been very close on times with various drivers and teams up and down quite a bit - we might just be in for a pretty full on race (hopefully).

Number of drivers queuing up at the Stewards' door after Qualifying so there may well be grid changes.

The altitude and its impact on drag and aero generally can throw up some different results here - will Checo delight the home fans with something special?

Looking forward to this race.
Old 29 Oct 2023, 06:05 (Ref:4183472)   #2
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
it seems Alpine were struggling for pace in FP1-3 but this may be due to the altitude.
It shouldnt affect turbos that much but Alpine is already down on power and they are the only one using that power plant. No way to compare them with another user.
Old 29 Oct 2023, 08:31 (Ref:4183483)   #3
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a farce putting these poor rookies out in a live session. More naval gazing F1 nonsense. I know it’s a cost ( drop in the Ocean) but wouldn’t they be better served running on the Monday after the race or set up more young driver tests that could become events in there own right?.
Old 29 Oct 2023, 10:19 (Ref:4183503)   #4
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Ferrari front row came out of nowhere.On what happened up to qualifying 4th row looked about right.
Great result by Ricciardo.A team mate tow might have been a factor in the first 2 parts of qualifying but that wasn’t there in Q3.
Old 29 Oct 2023, 10:35 (Ref:4183506)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That was really strange. Where did that Ferrari performance suddenly come from? As for Daniel, I confess I was completely nonplussed to see him (and that car) right up there.
Old 29 Oct 2023, 11:49 (Ref:4183518)   #6
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
That was really strange. Where did that Ferrari performance suddenly come from? As for Daniel, I confess I was completely nonplussed to see him (and that car) right up there.
I think something in the track changed in the last few minutes. Temperature? Wind? Everyone was slower than their first run.

I don't think Ferrari is that fast - I think their banker laps were better before everyone slowed.

I don't think they'll be leading come T1
Old 29 Oct 2023, 12:57 (Ref:4183525)   #7
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I think something in the track changed in the last few minutes. Temperature? Wind? Everyone was slower than their first run.

I don't think Ferrari is that fast - I think their banker laps were better before everyone slowed.

I don't think they'll be leading come T1
I think you've nailed it, wouldn't be surprised to see they caught a perfect cloud bank or something to cool the surface. They were chewing up their tires on one lap in Q1 and Q2.
Old 29 Oct 2023, 20:07 (Ref:4183561)   #8
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Perez out at the first corner, as he makes contact with Leclerc, damaging his front wing left end plate.
Old 29 Oct 2023, 20:15 (Ref:4183562)   #9
Beau2
Racer

Beau2 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I'm afraid to say that Perez needs to go. That was the latest in a series of rash moves that have blighted the second half of his season. He's trying too hard and I can't see any way back from this; most either teams on tne grid will be getting rid of a driver that makes this many high profile mistakes.

Fantastic start but it's the old adage; races are not won at the first corner.
Old 29 Oct 2023, 20:27 (Ref:4183564)   #10
rika
Racer

rika should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For the race that was the wrong Red Bull out
Old 29 Oct 2023, 20:51 (Ref:4183569)   #11
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Magnussen's car is a complete mess. FCY.

The car is turning into a bonfire.

Red flag.
Old 29 Oct 2023, 20:52 (Ref:4183570)   #12
rika
Racer

And Verstappen is lucky once more. Free pitstop.
Old 29 Oct 2023, 20:55 (Ref:4183571)   #13
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Right rear suspension snapped as he was going through the esses. Possible due to slow damage earlier.
Old 29 Oct 2023, 20:57 (Ref:4183572)   #14
rika
Racer

Left rear I think
Old 29 Oct 2023, 20:59 (Ref:4183575)   #15
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Please, if possible, replace that front section on Leclerc's car.
Old 29 Oct 2023, 21:09 (Ref:4183578)   #16
rika
Racer

Standing start is not good idea says Leclerc. I think he is right.
Old 29 Oct 2023, 21:14 (Ref:4183579)   #17
rika
Racer

Free tire change is stupid I think.
Old 29 Oct 2023, 21:24 (Ref:4183580)   #18
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
Kinda like COTA, where Lewis was behind Carlos sizing him up for that pass for second.
Old 29 Oct 2023, 21:38 (Ref:4183582)   #19
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
Why, Tsunoda... Why?

That is the example of "trying too hard"...
Old 29 Oct 2023, 21:40 (Ref:4183583)   #20
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by veeten View Post
Why, Tsunoda... Why?

That is the example of "trying too hard"...
Liam Lawson must be spewing
Old 29 Oct 2023, 21:41 (Ref:4183584)   #21
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
Originally Posted by veeten View Post
Right rear suspension snapped as he was going through the esses. Possible due to slow damage earlier.
Left rear massively failed first
Old 29 Oct 2023, 21:52 (Ref:4183585)   #22
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
Great pass by Norris, patient yet persistent.
Old 29 Oct 2023, 21:59 (Ref:4183586)   #23
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
Look out, Georgie-boy, he's right on your tail...
Old 29 Oct 2023, 22:19 (Ref:4183588)   #24
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great drive by Lando. Yuki... that was your own fault. You had the quicker car, just be patient. Something happened with Logan on last lap. Team was telling him to retire car. Low fuel? And Checo continues his implosion.

Richard
Old 29 Oct 2023, 22:32 (Ref:4183592)   #25
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The more I hear radio from Georgie the more he looks like a whinger or the FOM guys hate him. But either way, his radio calls make him sound like he's completely clueless about strategy beyond right here right now