Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 10 Apr 2020, 11:19 (Ref:3969760)   #1
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What Happened to Morris & Ingall

No more video's for months so what happened?
Old 10 Apr 2020, 11:40 (Ref:3969764)   #2
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
No more video's for months so what happened?
Ive seen its offline for the rest of the year.
TBH I havent listened to any this year, have they actually had any?

Rusty must be cash strapped now
Old 10 Apr 2020, 11:47 (Ref:3969766)   #3
simonracer
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
simonracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There hasn't been any since last year.

Russell posted about it on his FB recently, it seems like they weren't able to get the time and budget to get it going again before the current situation hit.
Old 10 Apr 2020, 12:38 (Ref:3969775)   #4
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonracer View Post

Russell posted about it on his FB recently, it seems like they weren't able to get the time and budget to get it going again before the current situation hit.
Thats terrible news but considering the current status, its understandable.
Will be missed thats for sure,
Old 11 Apr 2020, 01:36 (Ref:3969940)   #5
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They put up a short Season 1 highlights video the other day.

I spoke to PM at Superloop and asked if they were doing the same again for 2020 and he was unsure if they would.
Would be a shame not to see it continue
Old 11 Apr 2020, 01:50 (Ref:3969941)   #6
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Could work well enough as a podcast.

Sure, it doesn't work with their ontrack stuff, but that was cheesy and gimmicky at best.
Old 11 Apr 2020, 21:22 (Ref:3970156)   #7
Langers
Veteran

Langers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They both came across as being thick as 2 planks.

On the other hand I’d happily listen to a series of Ryan Story, Ryan Walkinshaw and Roland Dane.
Old 12 Apr 2020, 01:40 (Ref:3970196)   #8
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonracer View Post

It looked like they made the shows they did on a budget of nothing. How much does it take? - set camera / phone / GoPro up, dribble crap, post on Youtube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langers View Post

On the other hand I’d happily listen to a series of Ryan Story, Ryan Walkinshaw and Roland Dane.
Yes this show would be much more preferable, and you would actually learn and realise why things happened, and how they happened, and it would involve the spectators in the sport a lot more rather than just watching the broadcast then everyone talking conspiracy theories on here until the next race. Just keep Skaife out of it, and don't try to dumb it down because that takes away so much of the part that actually makes the difference. But like a lot of things with the sport, they seem to just keep trying to blindly cater to the bogan element, rather than engage with their fans in an intellectual way, which could actually attract more people that like, or even prefer, the technical side of the sport.

On that note, I've got the V8 Supercars Technical Analysis book ( 2 copies of it actually ) they produced in was it 2007? It is a great book, very good for a first edition, but has always left me hanging for more, more detail, more in-depth explanations, more technical stuff. I really hope they do more of these books. I know teams what to protect their IP and competitive advantage etc, but lots of items are control parts, and the rest can be done on 2 year old stuff, as it's still way above what a regular racer has but we can learn so much to improve our own understanding to improve our own cars.
Old 12 Apr 2020, 02:12 (Ref:3970200)   #9
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The few times I watched it they came across as two total boof heads, there did not seem to be any sort of simpatico and certainly very few signs of planning and discussion before hand. I actually cringed at some of their attempts to correct stuff or agree on something on camera.
Old 12 Apr 2020, 02:38 (Ref:3970204)   #10
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Yeah, absolutely I'd listen to that.
Old 12 Apr 2020, 02:46 (Ref:3970207)   #11
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hmmmmmmmm
Old 12 Apr 2020, 03:35 (Ref:3970214)   #12
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
The few times I watched it they came across as two total boof heads, there did not seem to be any sort of simpatico and certainly very few signs of planning and discussion before hand. I actually cringed at some of their attempts to correct stuff or agree on something on camera.
Totally.

Good on them for having a go, but a bit of thinking beforehand would have made it a much better show. The 6 P's
Old 13 Apr 2020, 23:33 (Ref:3970652)   #13
Jack65
Racer

Jack65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The various podcasts appear to be running out of guests, when they have to start appearing on each others pods as guests, you know the well is getting dry.
Old 14 Apr 2020, 05:31 (Ref:3970682)   #14
Casper
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack65 View Post
The various podcasts appear to be running out of guests, when they have to start appearing on each others pods as guests, you know the well is getting dry.
The SC concept as a podcast, video series etc has a limited amount of material to draw from. Once it has all been discussed what else is except for the last race?
Old 14 Apr 2020, 20:20 (Ref:3970836)   #15
Langers
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFA851 View Post
It looked like they made the shows they did on a budget of nothing. How much does it take? - set camera / phone / GoPro up, dribble crap, post on Youtube

Yes this show would be much more preferable, and you would actually learn and realise why things happened, and how they happened, and it would involve the spectators in the sport a lot more rather than just watching the broadcast then everyone talking conspiracy theories on here until the next race. Just keep Skaife out of it, and don't try to dumb it down because that takes away so much of the part that actually makes the difference. But like a lot of things with the sport, they seem to just keep trying to blindly cater to the bogan element, rather than engage with their fans in an intellectual way, which could actually attract more people that like, or even prefer, the technical side of the sport.

On that note, I've got the V8 Supercars Technical Analysis book ( 2 copies of it actually ) they produced in was it 2007? It is a great book, very good for a first edition, but has always left me hanging for more, more detail, more in-depth explanations, more technical stuff. I really hope they do more of these books. I know teams what to protect their IP and competitive advantage etc, but lots of items are control parts, and the rest can be done on 2 year old stuff, as it's still way above what a regular racer has but we can learn so much to improve our own understanding to improve our own cars.
Have you considered a subscription to Racecar Engineering? Good magazine.
Old 16 Apr 2020, 03:18 (Ref:3971072)   #16
Spec83
Rookie

Spec83 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFA851 View Post
On that note, I've got the V8 Supercars Technical Analysis book ( 2 copies of it actually ) they produced in was it 2007? It is a great book, very good for a first edition
Thanks for the heads up, just grabbed a copy from a local parts store in BNE to add to the collection
Old 17 Apr 2020, 02:32 (Ref:3971248)   #17
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
Have you considered a subscription to Racecar Engineering? Good magazine.
No but I will look it up and check it out. Thanks for the tip
Old 18 Apr 2020, 10:59 (Ref:3971517)   #18
Beages
Rookie

Beages should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ingall's sour grapes with Supercars and Foxtel was wearing a bit thin.
Old 20 Apr 2020, 22:25 (Ref:3971938)   #19
bloggs
Racer

Australia
Goldcoast
bloggs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Enforcer & The Dude Live this friday the 24th @ 7.00pm on Facebook. Be There.
one hellava life
Old 21 Apr 2020, 00:33 (Ref:3971950)   #20
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some of the episodes got a bit long, and went a bit Top Gear with the stunts.

Probably need to keep it around the 50-60 minute mark.

Has some potential, but just needs some tidying on presentation, content delivery etc.
Old 21 Apr 2020, 01:13 (Ref:3971955)   #21
Casper
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloggs View Post
Enforcer & The Dude Live this friday the 24th @ 7.00pm on Facebook. Be There.
That puts me off straight away, they do have proper names.
Old 21 Apr 2020, 04:54 (Ref:3971976)   #22
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Drop Ryan Walkinshaw and it might have some legs.
Old 21 Apr 2020, 08:39 (Ref:3971997)   #23
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Now now
Old 21 Apr 2020, 10:29 (Ref:3972007)   #24
Langers
Veteran

Quote:
The 3 I mentioned have the ability to string a coherent sentence together, unlike the 2 incumbents.
Old 21 Apr 2020, 11:29 (Ref:3972025)   #25
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
All 3 of the people mentioned speak extremely well and are very intelligent.

All 3 have featured in episodes of Enforcer and the Dude and the two episodes are in my opinion compulsory viewing for anybody who calls them a fan of our sport.

Seeing Ryan Story and Roland Dane both speaking very eloquently about their efforts to try to head off what became the party cluster**** was really fascinating.

Ryan Walkinshaw also is very savvy and intelligent, and his achievements outside the sport are quite remarkable. I found him to be admirably intelligent and business-savvy, and clearly with the diverse business interests pretty ballsy.

I also love the guy for taking on the trolls on FB. It's sick when he takes down some peanut for is crapping on.

Back to topic: If there's a new show, Rusty must have found a sponsor, anybody that knows him knows he doesn't do anything for free....