Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 6 Nov 2011, 21:27 (Ref:2982463)   #1
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
12 MX5 Race @ Snetterton

So who's going to this one? Should be a great meeting, with the last 4 hours racing in darkness. It will nicely book-end my season as the first of the year was also at Snetterton. Now I must remember my thermals!!
Old 7 Nov 2011, 11:51 (Ref:2982709)   #2
blueoval2
Racer

England
blueoval2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just had a look on the Mazda racing website no mention of entries yet, on the forum it just mentions not as many as expected, but i shall be there!!
Old 7 Nov 2011, 12:40 (Ref:2982720)   #3
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Elaine & I will be there both days.
Old 7 Nov 2011, 22:08 (Ref:2982931)   #4
BandanaMan
Rookie

United Kingdom
Peterborough
BandanaMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will be there for my 2nd stint of marshalling and I'm pleased that it will be an all nighter. I'm sure it will be a very different experience than marshalling during the day and I'm thoroughly looking forward to it!
Old 8 Nov 2011, 18:49 (Ref:2983229)   #5
AndyT
Racer

England
Peterborough
AndyT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there in the pits
Old 8 Nov 2011, 20:12 (Ref:2983263)   #6
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BandanaMan View Post
I will be there for my 2nd stint of marshalling and I'm pleased that it will be an all nighter.
Not quite - it's 9am - 9pm
Old 10 Nov 2011, 09:07 (Ref:2983869)   #7
BandanaMan
Rookie

United Kingdom
Peterborough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Humphrey View Post
Not quite - it's 9am - 9pm
Doh, I meant during the night.
Old 10 Nov 2011, 11:52 (Ref:2983944)   #8
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Not many going then? Think a bit of multi-tasking will be in order! Weather looks good so fingers crossed.
Slightly off topic but does anyone know why the MK2 MX5 isn't raced? And no funny comments from those of you who know I've got one!
Old 10 Nov 2011, 12:47 (Ref:2983969)   #9
schrammy
Racer

England
Scratby
schrammy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Steven Humphrey;2983944]Not many going then? Think a bit of multi-tasking will be in order! Weather looks good so fingers crossed.

I'll be there if my tickets turn up !
Old 10 Nov 2011, 17:05 (Ref:2984038)   #10
blueoval2
Racer

England
blueoval2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=schrammy;2983969]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Humphrey View Post
Not many going then? Think a bit of multi-tasking will be in order! Weather looks good so fingers crossed.

I'll be there if my tickets turn up !
It's free entry so you shouldn't need any.
Old 10 Nov 2011, 17:21 (Ref:2984044)   #11
schrammy
Racer

England
Scratby
Yup, hadn't thought of that one ! What times sign on anyone ?
Old 10 Nov 2011, 19:37 (Ref:2984103)   #12
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sign on is Friday is 14.30, Briefing 15.05, On Post 15.30 Practice 16.00 to 17.30 (Half Light, Half dark)

Sign on Saturday is 07.30, Briefing 08.05, On Post 08.30, Cars on grid 08.55, Green Flag 09.00, Race Start approx 09.05.

If you can make it on either /both days it would be great to have you with us.

Meal Vouchers will be issued at sign on Saturday morning.

Hope to see you at the weekend.

Terry
Old 10 Nov 2011, 20:34 (Ref:2984119)   #13
schrammy
Racer

England
Scratby
Ok Terry, thats thrown me a curved ball. Food vouchers?:
Old 12 Nov 2011, 21:49 (Ref:2985051)   #14
AndyT
Racer

England
Peterborough
AndyT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great atmosphere, just a pity about the size of the entry. with more support it will be a future classic of a meeting.
Hope it will be back next year & hopefully the grid will be nearer 30+ rather than 13
Old 12 Nov 2011, 23:20 (Ref:2985091)   #15
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyT View Post
Great atmosphere, just a pity about the size of the entry. with more support it will be a future classic of a meeting.
Hope it will be back next year & hopefully the grid will be nearer 30+ rather than 13
I agree - has the makings of a really good meeting. Thanks to BRSCC/MSV for the food vouchers, much appreciated.

I have to mention the new marshal's posts - well placed, plenty of vision & lots of room. Plus portaloos on every post. Come on Silverstone, surely you can do the same?
Old 13 Nov 2011, 20:53 (Ref:2985829)   #16
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thoroughly enjoyed it. I was one of the Safety Car Observers, and I got 'scrambled' 4 times - quite different in the dark that's for sure.
Old 13 Nov 2011, 21:43 (Ref:2985853)   #17
schrammy
Racer

England
Scratby
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
Thoroughly enjoyed it. I was one of the Safety Car Observers, and I got 'scrambled' 4 times - quite different in the dark that's for sure.
Yes Dave, it was noted that you looked a little stressed the fourth time out !

On a serious note, it was my first endurance meeting and I thoroughly enjoyed it , a bigger turnout of cars would have been better but there's always next year! Thanks must go to the two trainees on post with me, Sam and Connor who also enjoyed the whole experience (they said!)
Old 13 Nov 2011, 22:11 (Ref:2985865)   #18
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On behalf of the BRSCC-EA Race Control team may I thank everyone who contributed to a very successful first running of the Ma5da MX5 12hour race at Snetterton.

To all the marshals, rescue crews and officials – Thank you all for your brilliant support on Friday afternoon / evening and throughout the 12hrs on Saturday.

Once again the spirit and enthusiasm of all of the marshalling team proved why Snetterton is the real home of endurance racing in the UK!

James, Dan, Russell and Dave thanks for all your superb help with the Safety Car duties, though I guess perhaps that James and Dan thought there may be a cunning plan going on as virtually everytime they finished one of their stints and changed crews Russell and Dave were scrambled almost straight away!! The new electronic LED number kit on the back of the SC car worked really well, especially during the dark periods allowing us to find the leader very quickly.

Thanks also to Red Rocket Recovery and to Jamie, Debs and all the MSV Snetterton staff who provided such great assistance and support throughout the event.

Finally, thank you to Jonathan, Alyn, Bob and all the Ma5da Racing competitors, teams and co-ordinators for all your hard work and competitive racing during the weekend. Great to see so many happy, smiling faces at the end of the day!

Based upon the success of this race, it will grow in numbers of cars for 2012 and we look forward to welcoming you all back for the next 12hr race.

Terry
Old 14 Nov 2011, 00:55 (Ref:2985942)   #19
Guinness2702
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cambridge
Guinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGuinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyT View Post
It's true, it could have done with at least another 8 or 9 cars before it starts to get really interesting , but all in all, I certainly didn't find myself regretting going, thanks in part to pleasant company on post (Mr Humphrey)

I really do hope that they get a few more cars out next year, as it will turn into a really good meeting to do if they do.

Thanks to various drivers who provided taxi rides for me and Steve out to post 13, and the club and drivers for food. It's the little things that make a difference - and I even said that to one of the drivers who told me he thought the entry fees on a normal Mazda race weekend should be increased by "for e.g. £50" to pay the marshals.
Old 14 Nov 2011, 13:52 (Ref:2986152)   #20
BandanaMan
Rookie

United Kingdom
Peterborough
Thanks Phil for your very wise words on post and good sense of humour on Saturday. We both did very much enjoy the the day even though the cars were very spread out.

Testimony to the drivers how little they slipped up but on the other side of that, we didn't have a great deal to do, still the atmosphere and banter was enough to keep us going through the 12 hours.

Thanks also to the drivers and course officials for making it all possible. Sorry I wasn't able to get up to race control Terry!

I would do this again next year assuming it's on, let's just hope there will be a better turn out!
Old 14 Nov 2011, 14:38 (Ref:2986181)   #21
MaxxUK
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
MaxxUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was one of the drivers of car 27, the Shimmy Racing Car .. you couldn't miss us, we were the red car ... and blue, and green, and yellow, and orange, and white, essentially a rainbow on wheels

There were actually 2 teams with this livery, the No 12 Pencuke Farm Car also.

We were also a bit disappointed with the turn out but this WAS the very FIRST event and many drivers didnt really understand the 'extra' buzz you get from endurance racing and probably didnt know how the costs would stack up .. or if the cars, usually running for no more than 20 minutes, would stand up to 6hrs racing ..

If they thought they would have the luxury of 'taking it easy' then clearly those that did enter didn't think this way. I did 3 sessions. 1 & 2 were 1h 20m sprint races, usually with 2 other cars and running just tenths off quali pace. I certainly wasn't holding back and neither were they. Nice thing was there was no need to consider going for any 50/50 moves. Most of this racing was for position and for hours we were on the same lap and within a few tenths of each other.

I've done a short video from in car on one of these sessions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTPM5bMEkx0

It was great to see some marshals in our presentation and I know, having been involved in racing for over 20 years that even though often not expressed directly all drivers really appreciate the work you guys do and it was nice to see that this was recognised in our presentation with one lucky marshal getting a James Bond Scalextric to play with some time soon

Ma5da have commited to this event for the next couple of years so I hope the word spreads and we can provide more entertainment for you all next year.

Malcolm