Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 26 Jun 2014, 00:21 (Ref:3426513)   #301
TCR
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
TCR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks and sounds the business. Specs say it's a paddleshift but I'll be buggered if I could see him changing gears with any paddles in the video?
Old 26 Jun 2014, 00:47 (Ref:3426522)   #302
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Wonder if you could get it soft enough to ride the bumps properly...

Couldn't find the weight anywhere...
Old 26 Jun 2014, 01:26 (Ref:3426533)   #303
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCR View Post
That is freakin cool!

Would be a great addition to the 12 hour.
My sentiments exactly, especially if they are in GT3 Class A.........the event just keeps getting better and better.
Old 26 Jun 2014, 01:30 (Ref:3426535)   #304
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
would that be entered into the "Rolex DP Lookalike" Class?
It does, the earlier model Dallara chassis.

Last edited by bluesport; 26 Jun 2014 at 01:36.
Old 26 Jun 2014, 01:46 (Ref:3426537)   #305
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think it will have to be in Class A if it is competing, will be too fast for its own invitational class (quicker than 2.12s cut off)

wont meet the criteria for class B or C

and D,E&F is for vehicles based on a large scale production model, which it obviously isnt
Old 26 Jun 2014, 02:06 (Ref:3426543)   #306
Hingo
Racer

Australia
Canberra
Hingo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unless it meets GT3 regulations and BOP, I don't see how it could compete in Class A. It would have to compete in an invitational class like the Fiats did this year. If it won in Class A, the outcry would rival that of the Bathurst 24H Monaros.
Old 26 Jun 2014, 02:08 (Ref:3426545)   #307
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
I think it will have to be in Class A if it is competing, will be too fast for its own invitational class (quicker than 2.12s cut off)
Unless it is homoligated as a GT3 car it isnt eligible for Class A.

It would be a invitational class car where it would be time capped - regardless of its potential. Like all the other cars in the invitational class.
Old 26 Jun 2014, 06:43 (Ref:3426606)   #308
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Monaro farce and the interpretation fuss related to Mosler by some entrants in the past would indicate that a pretty strict interpretation of GT3 Homologation and Blancpain BOP standards would be required.
Great car but I would rather not see it than have it be the thin end of the wedge in a descent into Formula Libre or a major dispute taking the gloss off a top event as happened with the 24hr.
Old 26 Jun 2014, 07:10 (Ref:3426614)   #309
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtony View Post
The Monaro farce and the interpretation fuss related to Mosler by some entrants in the past would indicate that a pretty strict interpretation of GT3 Homologation and Blancpain BOP standards would be required.
Great car but I would rather not see it than have it be the thin end of the wedge in a descent into Formula Libre or a major dispute taking the gloss off a top event as happened with the 24hr.
Too right, good comment, I can't argue with that.
Old 26 Jun 2014, 07:21 (Ref:3426617)   #310
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtony View Post
At the time I had to admit that I couldn't see really the difference between the Mosler and the Monaro.
Old 26 Jun 2014, 07:26 (Ref:3426622)   #311
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
With entries opening for the 2015 Bathurst 12 Hour on July 1, we are pleased to announce that Anthony Gilbertson, Jason Clements and Karl Begg will be teaming up to drive the BMW M3 GTR. As most will remember Anthony Gilbertson and Jason Clements were part of the driver line up for this years race.

From their Facebook page.
Old 26 Jun 2014, 07:29 (Ref:3426623)   #312
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
I would think if it was going to race it would meet the GT3 standard or alternately be an invitational category meaning it is time limited per lap.

However unlike the "monaro" you can actually buy the road going version now if you have the money, (which isnt significant compared to a lambo or Merc
Old 26 Jun 2014, 08:33 (Ref:3426649)   #313
Hingo
Racer

Australia
Canberra
Hingo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe the Bathurst 12 Hour uses the Blancpain GT3 rules for class A entrants so it would need some sort of waiver, backing by the other class A competitors and a BOP process to be eligible. Considering how much the Lamborghini caused eligibility dramas this year, I don't see it being easy for them.
Old 26 Jun 2014, 09:16 (Ref:3426667)   #314
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
With entries opening for the 2015 Bathurst 12 Hour on July 1, we are pleased to announce that Anthony Gilbertson, Jason Clements and Karl Begg will be teaming up to drive the BMW M3 GTR. As most will remember Anthony Gilbertson and Jason Clements were part of the driver line up for this years race.

From their Facebook page.
Nice stuff. Hopefully the races lasts a bit longer for them next year
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 27 Jun 2014, 02:43 (Ref:3426997)   #315
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZedMikey View Post
Saw the same Speedweek from a couple of weeks ago, also heard the comment about Bathurst in February. Sounds like there could be 3 Radical RXCs on the grid - but whether invitational, or part of GT3 I don't know. Radical seem to be targeting GT3 as a market.

Below is the one they had at the Phillip Island 101 recently. Wasn't entered - display laps only.

Didn't realise it actually got on the track.
I only saw it static, any idea of times?
Old 27 Jun 2014, 06:53 (Ref:3427032)   #316
nafe!
Racer

nafe! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't someone mention that it comes with a GT3 "wing" option? I definitely read that somewhere.

Also im fairly certain that I saw some stats saying it weighs 900kg?

The v6 version which it seems we are going to see in aus still sounds fantastic and is damn quick.
Old 27 Jun 2014, 06:59 (Ref:3427034)   #317
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by nafe! View Post
Didn't someone mention that it comes with a GT3 "wing" option? I definitely read that somewhere.

Also im fairly certain that I saw some stats saying it weighs 900kg?

The v6 version which it seems we are going to see in aus still sounds fantastic and is damn quick.
yes of the shelf GT3 wing option, however that by it self does not qualify it to be a GT3. It does have to be accepted and meet other standards

RXC
Old 27 Jun 2014, 08:08 (Ref:3427052)   #318
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
2015 Liqui Moly Bathurst 12 Hour: 6-8 February

It isn't a FIA GT3 car so shouldn't be in class A.

Period.

It's not an FIA GT3 homologated car and I'd bet a weeks wages on the other manufacturers who build a GT3 would kick up one hell of a racket if it were able to be homolagted as an FIA GT3 class vehicle. And Stephane Ratel really really doesn't want to **** off those factories who build the cars that fill the grids in SRO championships.

If they want to race it in an invitational class that's fine as long as it's not as fast as the class A cars.
Old 27 Jun 2014, 08:24 (Ref:3427055)   #319
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post

Period.

It's not an FIA GT3 homologated car and I'd bet a weeks wages on the other manufacturers who build a GT3 would kick up one hell of a racket if it were able to be homolagted as an FIA GT3 class vehicle. And Stephane Ratel really really doesn't want to **** off those factories who build the cars that fill the grids in SRO championships.

If they want to race it in an invitational class that's fine as long as it's not as fast as the class A cars.
IS there are criteria that needs to be meet to become a GT3 car? apart from not being on the approved list currently.

remember that GT3 is most likely a dead duck anyway

Last edited by peckstar; 27 Jun 2014 at 08:31.
Old 27 Jun 2014, 08:37 (Ref:3427057)   #320
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post

Period.

Well, I do see a possible problem, any car entered in the invitational class should not be faster than the Class A cars, it wouldn't seem to be right IMO.........Class A is the pinnacle of the event and should be the class going for line honours.
Old 27 Jun 2014, 10:38 (Ref:3427099)   #321
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
2015 Liqui Moly Bathurst 12 Hour: 6-8 February

Quote:

Oh my god....

Peckstar if your just here to get reactions from people then do us all a favour and stay out of this thread. Nothing wrong with having a different opinion cause this is a forum and having an opinion is what it's all about but to suggest that GT3 is a dead duck shows me some serious ignorance on your part.

FIA GT3 is far from dead. Bentley have just joined this year, Lexus are joining next year and apparently fingers crossed McLaren are launching their next GT3 racer at Goodwood sometime this weekend. We haven't seen Porsches 991 GT3R yet and I dare say there will be one later this year if not next. Audi are testing their next gen R8 LMS already to be released 2016??

The FIA GT3 class cars are used in most national GT championships and in some serious international series like the Blancpain Endurance Series, Japanese Super GT GT300 and the European Le Mans Series.

And this ain't some flash in the pan. This category has been going on from strength to strength for nearly a decade now and it doesn't look like it's going to disappear anytime soon.

To say the category is dead is just astounding. I'm lost for words here.
Old 27 Jun 2014, 11:57 (Ref:3427119)   #322
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
KSM86 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
It will be put in invitational class and prob capped at 2min 15secs. There is not way it will be in class A, otherwise we have just gone back 11 years....
Old 27 Jun 2014, 14:42 (Ref:3427176)   #323
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
You've come up with some boneheaded, idiotic statements before, but this one just about takes the cake.
Old 27 Jun 2014, 20:30 (Ref:3427283)   #324
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Peckstar meant to say that he WISHED GT3 and this event was a dead duck.

Last edited by Reload; 27 Jun 2014 at 20:36.
Old 27 Jun 2014, 21:14 (Ref:3427288)   #325
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Peckstar meant to say that he WISHED GT3 and this event was a dead duck.
Whodathortit, I'm about to spring to Pecky's defence.

What he is probably talking about is the FIA discussion that has been going on about rationalisation and merging of GT classes.
The point that he has missed is that the talks seem to be going nowhere and that Stefan Ratel is still firmly in control.
GT3 has a momentum of its own now and will get even stronger.