Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 14 Jan 2021, 12:09 (Ref:4028955)   #176
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
personally I do not think anything with public allowed will be held before the end of the summer, Europe is in a big mess right now and things are not looking better at all... vaccines will not change the fact that the virus is still around and WHO is talking about African and UK mutations that are even worse in spreading....
I hope for better things but it is not looking good at all.
Old 14 Jan 2021, 12:10 (Ref:4028956)   #177
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
We might skip 2021 for attending from 2022 onwards again
Old 15 Jan 2021, 09:52 (Ref:4029179)   #178
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think the whole WEC calendar is going to need major surgery. Sebring seems up in the air from a travel perspective.

I'd move Spa into the Le Mans dates and maybe it can run with limited fans of BCD. Do your pre-season test at Spa too. Then run Monza in it's scheduled slot and then push Le Mans into mid-late August so it's still the third round.

Like I said before, at least that way you can plan with more certainty.
Old 15 Jan 2021, 13:33 (Ref:4029224)   #179
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I'd move Spa into the Le Mans dates and maybe it can run with limited fans of BCD. Do your pre-season test at Spa too
There will be no fans at Spa until either a) Covid is resolved or b) mass immunity (70% or higher) has been reached.
Old 15 Jan 2021, 17:22 (Ref:4029294)   #180
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i will be there if we are allowed, but as you said a big if
Old 21 Jan 2021, 13:33 (Ref:4030444)   #181
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Here we go again...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-55746293
Old 21 Jan 2021, 16:07 (Ref:4030470)   #182
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
My thoughts Too!
Old 21 Jan 2021, 16:48 (Ref:4030476)   #183
Spanner monkey
Racer

England
Norwich
Spanner monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
I think that depends on which virus you receive.
What is reported is that the Pfizer developed vaccine should give you about 6-10 months immunity, when succesfull.
However the same article stated that the vaccine - like getting over the actual virus will have an independant effect on each person, as it is all about the personal immune system developing the resilience.

Many who get over the COVID-19 virus with close to no symptoms do not evolve the antibodies at all and can get infected over-and-over again.

The way I read it is that the vaccine doesn't prevent you from getting covid. It just reduces the likely hood of getting severe symptoms. It also doesn't stop the spread of this terrible disease.
With new variants going around I think spectating for many events this year will be won't be happening. But if they can make it safe(er) for teams to race again with viewing on TV again I'll put up with that and hope normality resumes for 22
Old 21 Jan 2021, 17:17 (Ref:4030480)   #184
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think you are correct. Looking at the news today Germany is requesting the EU to close all borders whether from other EU states or us "third countries". It's January we have five months to solve this issue. Nope not a chance sadly.
Old 21 Jan 2021, 17:44 (Ref:4030484)   #185
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Have faith, things can only get better, as the song goes
Old 21 Jan 2021, 18:00 (Ref:4030488)   #186
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, whilst the UK is blazing away with vaccines, Europe is a tad slow. Until everyone europe wide has been jabbed, I would be surprised if anything happens.
Old 21 Jan 2021, 18:19 (Ref:4030496)   #187
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I remember thinking back in March last year that we would surely have it under control by June, then quickly realised my mistake. When the race was postponed until September I felt pretty comfortable that we would be there, in some form or another. Now, in the latter part of January, I just can't see it happening in June. I haven't really kept a weather eye on how vaccination is going in France and elsewhere in Europe, but if they are lagging behind, the risks of running the race with significant spectators must be high. We are also sadly shackled with the extra stigma of the 'UK Variant', which is unlikely to make us any more popular as far as travelling to France is concerned. A lot is going to have to change for the better - and quickly, for June to be even a remote possibility, IMO.
Old 21 Jan 2021, 18:34 (Ref:4030500)   #188
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
I would suggest that if your buying ferry tickets you make them very flexible!
Especially to voyages in Autumn
Old 21 Jan 2021, 18:56 (Ref:4030508)   #189
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Look you horrible lot, we are stuck st home unable to go out and with nothing much to look forward to, let us have something to make us excited about June, yes i know it might not happen but if we keep doing "fraser" impressions then depression will finish us off long before covid is beaten. We need to have something so for now let us have HOPE for pity sake.
Old 21 Jan 2021, 18:59 (Ref:4030510)   #190
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Your probably to late to be optimistic about mid Summer!
Reality bites.
Old 21 Jan 2021, 21:13 (Ref:4030528)   #191
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
I would suggest that if your buying ferry tickets you make them very flexible!
Especially to voyages in Autumn
I've already amended my ferry booking twice Jon....
Old 21 Jan 2021, 21:14 (Ref:4030529)   #192
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Look you horrible lot, we are stuck st home unable to go out and with nothing much to look forward to, let us have something to make us excited about June, yes i know it might not happen but if we keep doing "fraser" impressions then depression will finish us off long before covid is beaten. We need to have something so for now let us have HOPE for pity sake.
Well, I guess so.
Old 22 Jan 2021, 07:58 (Ref:4030565)   #193
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
At the risk of incurring even greater wrath from Simon can I ask why we should feel optimistic about even 2022?

There's no obvious end to Covid in sight yet, merely the hope of a lessening of its effects.
Old 22 Jan 2021, 10:40 (Ref:4030590)   #194
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well if you have nothing good to look forward to and continue to sit in doors being pessimistic then can i recommend hiding all sharp objects. i would rather be optimistic now and hope all things get better, we have had a crap year and my attitude might be more hope than reality but we all need hope. Smile and look on the bright side the other option is to depressing to contemplate.
Old 22 Jan 2021, 12:34 (Ref:4030618)   #195
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'm optimistic that things will get better, but not in a timeframe that will allow Le Mans to take place as normal in June, frankly, that's pretty much pie in the sky. I'm not depressed about it, in fact, I'm less depressed about it than I was back in September when I had to watch on the TV. I'm convinced we will get back, but it's not worth doing anything stupid that risks the progress we need to make.
Old 22 Jan 2021, 12:45 (Ref:4030626)   #196
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Somewhat ironically, this has just pinged into my email inbox.....
Attached Thumbnails
Capture.JPG  
Old 22 Jan 2021, 14:12 (Ref:4030663)   #197
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Not had that email yet.
Old 22 Jan 2021, 14:23 (Ref:4030672)   #198
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I have. Bwahahaha! *Ahem.
Old 22 Jan 2021, 14:23 (Ref:4030673)   #199
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanner monkey View Post
The way I read it is that the vaccine doesn't prevent you from getting covid. It just reduces the likely hood of getting severe symptoms. It also doesn't stop the spread of this terrible disease.
With new variants going around I think spectating for many events this year will be won't be happening. But if they can make it safe(er) for teams to race again with viewing on TV again I'll put up with that and hope normality resumes for 22
There are no such reports here in Denmark. The statement here is still that it provides full immunity for a period of time. I would therefore like to politely question your source for this statement?
Old 22 Jan 2021, 14:33 (Ref:4030677)   #200
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I spoke to a surgeon last week whilst having my race licence medical. He told me that if you had suffered the infection, as he had, you were immune for a period and also that you couldn't spread the disease for a similar period. I got the impression that the vaccine does the same thing because the antibodies effectively kill the virus. Although you could still catch a mild dose.