3 2 3.70%
2 0 0%
1 1 1.85%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 3 Apr 2016, 09:38 (Ref:3629790)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Grand Prix: Bahrain Grand Prix 2016

What is your choice?
Old 3 Apr 2016, 16:40 (Ref:3629920)   #2
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Above average race. Pretty decent. Feel sorry for Seb and his blown engine but how good has HAAS been.
Old 3 Apr 2016, 17:11 (Ref:3629929)   #3
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
8, again!

Wasn't bored once, constantly fighting everywhere. Bit of drama didn't hurt, either.

Couldn't give it above 8 as we once again had no fight for the lead in the second half of the race. I never once believed Kimi would catch Nico.

The 3 tyre rule has totally changed the game. Such a shame we'll go back to bullet-proof style Bridgestone tyres next season, just as Pirelli have nailed the tyre compounds.

Bin the DRS, we now have the perfect tyre, and tyre rulings.

Selby
Old 3 Apr 2016, 17:16 (Ref:3629935)   #4
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Seven. It didn't quite match Melbourne.

I do like the fact that the three tyre compounds this year are really mixing up the strategy. The downside though is that it becomes more difficult to keep track of what strategy each car is on, and how many stops they have made.
Old 3 Apr 2016, 17:43 (Ref:3629942)   #5
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Very unfortunate Vettel went out before the race, it rather took the edge off it. The race itself was no thriller but intriguing from a tyre strategy aspect. It got a bit processional between the first and second tyre stops but picked up and there were some good battles.

Old 3 Apr 2016, 19:40 (Ref:3629983)   #6
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Good close racing from beginning to end. What's not to like? 7
Old 3 Apr 2016, 20:43 (Ref:3630005)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Typical boring Tilkedome race. 2/10.
Old 3 Apr 2016, 21:43 (Ref:3630022)   #8
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
I gave it a 5. After the first lap bumps, the top three positions were effectively set. Some strategy involving tires, but honestly, three tire stops for virtually everyone is just too much for a F1 race and negates the impact.

And I agree that Bahrain is a pretty boring track.
Old 4 Apr 2016, 00:39 (Ref:3630049)   #9
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Rubbish ...
Old 4 Apr 2016, 01:48 (Ref:3630058)   #10
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Really a lot of good stuff today. The number of unexpected battles down the field made up for the lack of challenge to NR. 7
Old 4 Apr 2016, 14:05 (Ref:3630248)   #11
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
8. Great enough race, but not great as the 2014 one.
Old 4 Apr 2016, 14:13 (Ref:3630253)   #12
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not more than 6, things must get better.
Old 4 Apr 2016, 17:29 (Ref:3630307)   #13
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It might not be the best track to drive on, but it seems to deliver a good race and I thought this one was a very good race.

And that was despite it losing Vettel before it had even begun and losing Hamilton from the battle at the front.

Some barnstorming battles. Even if the DRS plays a role, I thought there was some good side-by-side stuff through the corners and it wasn't all on the straights.

So an eight for me. Really enjoyed the Bahrain Grand Prix and Romain Grosjean approaching the line with fireworks going off in the background!
Old 4 Apr 2016, 17:59 (Ref:3630315)   #14
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
It might not be the best track to drive on, but it seems to deliver a good race and I thought this one was a very good race.

And that was despite it losing Vettel before it had even begun and losing Hamilton from the battle at the front.

Some barnstorming battles. Even if the DRS plays a role, I thought there was some good side-by-side stuff through the corners and it wasn't all on the straights.

So an eight for me. Really enjoyed the Bahrain Grand Prix and Romain Grosjean approaching the line with fireworks going off in the background!
And the same brain'ness continues....

Selby
Old 4 Apr 2016, 18:54 (Ref:3630325)   #15
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
4. There was something sub par about it. Especially, after Melbourne. After the chaotic start - the top 3 was sort of set in stone. Sure - there were some battles further down - but it lacked the drama - especially, compared to 2014. Vettel going out didn't help.
Old 4 Apr 2016, 19:30 (Ref:3630334)   #16
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
actually thought this provided a good example of DRS working as intended...it allowed drivers to catch up for turn 1 and then to take advantage through turns 2 and 3...exemplified by Kimi's being able to use more of the track width to make a very strong move on Bottas through turn 2. there were a few other examples as well.
Old 5 Apr 2016, 11:22 (Ref:3630495)   #17
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
a good race so it gets a 6 from me
Old 5 Apr 2016, 19:59 (Ref:3630585)   #18
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Typical boring Tilkedome race. 2/10.
Oh! Come now, I thought that the colours were very nice. Herr Tilke has really excelled himself with the track borders in Bahrain. Why he even wrote the name of the country on the side of the road so we would know which one of his tracks it was.

You are too harsh.
Old 5 Apr 2016, 20:05 (Ref:3630586)   #19
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Why he even wrote the name of the country on the side of the road so we would know which one of his tracks it was.
That's superb.
Old 6 Apr 2016, 05:47 (Ref:3630642)   #20
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gave it a 7, sure missed Vettel.
Old 6 Apr 2016, 07:04 (Ref:3630652)   #21
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
That's superb.
Thank you, BJ. A man of taste obviously.
Old 7 Apr 2016, 14:23 (Ref:3630931)   #22
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sparks = 5
Old 7 Apr 2016, 17:22 (Ref:3630969)   #23
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!

If we forget about the leader who's so far ahead, there's been plenty happening behind to make it a good race
Old 9 Apr 2016, 02:47 (Ref:3631360)   #24
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The start gave drama. Entertaining at times, looking at the results. 8.
Old 11 Apr 2016, 15:27 (Ref:3631884)   #25
mikestow
Rookie

mikestow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quite well entertained,but went off from Sky to Ch4 as they ended up the better in my opinion.Ruined by the dreadful Qualifying,but gave it 6 for the racewhich was not too bad,except for poor Vettel's early departure.Excellent for Nico yet again gaining points over Mr Bling!!