Old 24 Sep 2018, 09:45 (Ref:3852356)   #1
Formo
Rookie

United Kingdom
Nottinghamshire
Formo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brands Hatch - Not Camping - Advice Please

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for a bit of advice. I will be Marshalling at Brands Hatch in October for the BSB and have opted for a nearby hotel instead of camping. Firstly to be a bit closer to family in Maidstone and have a meal or two with them in the evenings, and secondly because it's brands... and it's october.... it will be cold in the evening! xD

Does anyone else stay off site for event meetings, and how much time do you normally give yourself to get to the circuit and get on post?

Cheers

Chris

Last edited by Formo; 24 Sep 2018 at 09:51. Reason: Change to title so it is clear I would like advice
Old 24 Sep 2018, 12:08 (Ref:3852379)   #2
Pitsmarion
Rookie

Guernsey
Huntingdon
Pitsmarion should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Chris,
I stay off site at hotels as well. I usually plan my journey to get to the circuit just before the start of signing on - that way there is usually at least half an hour before signing on closes to allow for traffic hold ups or other delays. There is not usually too much traffic about at that time of the morning, although I haven't been to any of the large popular meetings for a while. A check for road works or other closures, particularly if you're coming over the bridge from the Essex side, is not a bad idea. In the past I have had a few problems with queues for the big car boot sale up by the M25 junction, but I'm not sure if that is still happening on Sundays anymore. As always, you should usually get a phone number to call up with any problems if you're delayed.
Cheers
Marion
Old 24 Sep 2018, 12:29 (Ref:3852385)   #3
Formo
Rookie

United Kingdom
Nottinghamshire
Formo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitsmarion View Post
Hi Chris,
I stay off site at hotels as well. I usually plan my journey to get to the circuit just before the start of signing on - that way there is usually at least half an hour before signing on closes to allow for traffic hold ups or other delays. There is not usually too much traffic about at that time of the morning, although I haven't been to any of the large popular meetings for a while. A check for road works or other closures, particularly if you're coming over the bridge from the Essex side, is not a bad idea. In the past I have had a few problems with queues for the big car boot sale up by the M25 junction, but I'm not sure if that is still happening on Sundays anymore. As always, you should usually get a phone number to call up with any problems if you're delayed.
Cheers
Marion
Hi Marion,

Thank you for that. That is a good idea. We are only 20 minutes away so should be a simple enough drive along main roads. We'll have a look at the roads and make sure everything is clear for us.