Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 19 May 2009, 10:09 (Ref:2465038)   #1276
kingkai
Racer

Netherlands
Amsterdam
kingkai should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At spa I forgot to have a better look. It looks blank but when having a better look you can still see the AMR logo and aston martin written. Not sure what is said under that (if it was still DBR-1)...
Old 19 May 2009, 12:10 (Ref:2465097)   #1277
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Doesn't that imply two different things. Lola will call it a B09/60 to follow their normal naming scheme and AM will call it a DBR1??
Old 19 May 2009, 21:29 (Ref:2465397)   #1278
kootje
Rookie

Netherlands
Apeldoorn , Holland
kootje should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Verstappen in the 3rd Aston!!!

It's a deal ......http://www.verstappen.nl/nieuws/7237.html

Grtz Kootje
Old 19 May 2009, 22:43 (Ref:2465425)   #1279
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Bloody good news that is!
Old 20 May 2009, 01:45 (Ref:2465472)   #1280
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Great news for AMR! Eager to see how he goes compared to the brilliant pace he set in the Porsche last year.
Old 20 May 2009, 10:28 (Ref:2465607)   #1281
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kootje View Post
It's a deal ......http://www.verstappen.nl/nieuws/7237.html

Grtz Kootje
Does anyone know who is co driving with him?
I didn't see anything in the translation.
Old 20 May 2009, 11:06 (Ref:2465625)   #1282
kootje
Rookie

Netherlands
Apeldoorn , Holland
kootje should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Verstappen 007

Jos will driving during the night and early in the morning and he will drive 007car (''Jos the boss bond'' )
No words on the other drivers......

Grtz Kootje
Old 20 May 2009, 11:32 (Ref:2465641)   #1283
AX lover
Racer

Netherlands
AX lover should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess Jan Charouz & Tomas Enge will move to the 008 AMR Eastern Europe car?
Seems logical to me.
Old 20 May 2009, 11:42 (Ref:2465645)   #1284
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Where did you read that he would be in 007 He states that he will be in the fastest car, not a carnumber.
Old 20 May 2009, 11:51 (Ref:2465652)   #1285
AX lover
Racer

Netherlands
AX lover should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
@nobster, true! And he also says:

Quote:
zeker wanneer je bedenkt dat een van de Aston Martin-bolides rondrijdt met nummer 007
That doesn't mean that he will be driving 007!
Old 20 May 2009, 12:02 (Ref:2465657)   #1286
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Home counties or a racetrack.
Speedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSpeedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AX lover View Post
I guess Jan Charouz & Tomas Enge will move to the 008 AMR Eastern Europe car?
Seems logical to me.
Hopefully this could mean Verstappen, Mucke and Turner in the same car. What a line up that would be!

Very eager to see who the remaining 2 drivers will be.
Old 20 May 2009, 12:09 (Ref:2465661)   #1287
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedblood View Post
Hopefully this could mean Verstappen, Mucke and Turner in the same car. What a line up that would be!

Very eager to see who the remaining 2 drivers will be.
Personally I'd like to see three English drivers in 007, the czechs in 008 and the remaining foreigners in 009.

But however the lineup ends, they'll be getting my support, along with the Drayson Vantage GT2 and the lone DBR9.
Old 20 May 2009, 12:16 (Ref:2465668)   #1288
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Home counties or a racetrack.
Speedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSpeedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff View Post
Personally I'd like to see three English drivers in 007, the czechs in 008 and the remaining foreigners in 009.

But however the lineup ends, they'll be getting my support, along with the Drayson Vantage GT2 and the lone DBR9.
That would be really nice to see but even more i'd like to see the lineups created to give the best possible result.

It's all but never going to happen but a win for V8 Vantage and DBR9 would be extra sweet too.
Old 20 May 2009, 13:21 (Ref:2465705)   #1289
Robbe
Veteran

Germany
Germany
Robbe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff View Post
They already have 4 non-british/czech drivers: Mücke, Verstappen, Primat and Ramos.
The remaining two drivers, obviously Davidson would be a good choice but what about Peter Kox, or even Fred Mako?
Old 20 May 2009, 15:54 (Ref:2465767)   #1290
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Nationality doesn't matter, but the only thing they have to do is putting the slowest drivers in one car together.
Old 20 May 2009, 19:05 (Ref:2465890)   #1291
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At Spa, Harold Primat was unhappy in interviews talking about the upcoming teaming changes... Not so simple to manage a factory effort with pay drivers, a modified customer chassis and bits that the ACO wants you to change after one race.
Old 20 May 2009, 19:13 (Ref:2465898)   #1292
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Félix View Post
At Spa, Harold Primat was unhappy in interviews talking about the upcoming teaming changes... Not so simple to manage a factory effort with pay drivers, a modified customer chassis and bits that the ACO wants you to change after one race.
That may well be true for most team managers, but David Richards is not most team managers.
Old 20 May 2009, 21:20 (Ref:2465986)   #1293
Erw
Racer

Netherlands
Amersfoort, Holland
Erw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LATEST NEWS

http://www.astonmartinracing.com/new...5-596bd3b5732d

Aston Martin to run three cars at Le Mans 24 hours

Gaydon, 21 May, 2009. Aston Martin Racing has recruited three new drivers to run a trio of Gulf-liveried LMP1 cars at this year’s Le Mans 24 Hours, which marks the 50th anniversary of Aston Martin’s first victory at La Sarthe in 1959.

Joining the existing Aston Martin drivers, who are currently also competing in the Le Mans Series, will be Anthony Davidson (GB), Stuart Hall (GB) and Jos Verstappen (NL).
The three LMP1 cars will be numbered 007, 008 and 009 and the exact configuration of the crews for the race, which takes place on June 13-14, will be announced at a later date.

Davidson, 30, recently tested Aston Martin’s LMP1 car in Portugal, completing three one-hour stints. The Englishman is an experienced Formula One race and test driver and this year he has become well-known as a Grand Prix commentator on British radio. Davidson is a familiar face as he worked with the team in 2003, racing at Le Mans, Sebring and Petit Le Mans in the GT class.

“Particularly as a British driver, racing for a team as prestigious as Aston Martin is a fantastic opportunity,” said Davidson. “I know the team and its capabilities extremely well from the past, and I’m convinced that there is nobody better prepared to tackle all the challenges that Le Mans will present us with. At the test I felt comfortable with the car straight away, and now I’m looking forward to taking the fight to the other teams at Le Mans. I’m certainly aiming for us to be the quickest petrol car there and hopefully we can get in amongst the diesels as well.”

Stuart Hall, 24, is also from England and started his career in single-seaters before making the switch to sports cars two years ago. He finished in an excellent fourth overall on his Le Mans debut in 2007 and returned for a second crack at the epic race last year. He too tested the Aston Martin LMP1 car in Portugal and emerged impressed by the V12-engined prototype.

“This drive means everything to me,” commented Hall. “It’s a wonderful opportunity to be part of such a prestigious and successful team. When I was growing up and first became interested in motor racing Aston Martin was one of those legendary names. I always hoped that one day I might have the chance to drive for the team and it’s almost hard to believe that it’s happened now. I think all the petrol cars might struggle against the diesels at Le Mans, but if there’s ever going to be a team to challenge them, it’s Aston Martin Racing. My personal feeling is that I’m in the best seat on the grid.”

Having spent the best part of a decade in Formula One, Dutchman Jos Verstappen will be one of the most high-profile members of the Aston Martin Racing team at Le Mans. The 37-year-old has taken part in more than 100 Grands Prix, finishing on the podium twice, but he will only be competing at Le Mans for the second time after winning the LMP2 class on his debut at La Sarthe last season.

Verstappen commented: “I’m very excited to be joining Aston Martin Racing for such a legendary event as the Le Mans 24 Hours. Although I spent nine years in Formula One this will only be my second Le Mans but it is every bit as special to me. I said to myself that I would only do Le Mans if it was with a professional team at the very top level and in Aston Martin Racing I have certainly found that. I’m looking forward to testing the car soon, but the main thing for Le Mans is reliability. I’m sure that driving for Aston Martin Racing is going to be a fantastic and memorable experience.”

The three newcomers, along with the existing Aston Martin crews, are due to test Aston Martin’s LMP1 challenger in Italy at the end of the month, as part of the team’s ongoing development programme for the unique round-the-clock challenge of Le Mans which takes place on 13-14 June.

Aston Martin Racing Chairman David Richards concluded: “I’d personally like to extend the warmest possible welcome to Anthony, Stuart and Jos, who collectively form a fantastic addition to the Aston Martin family. Our nine-strong driver line-up now allows us to run three LMP1 cars at Le Mans, and I am sure that our trio of blue and orange racing cars will make an amazing spectacle at what is almost certainly the toughest and most famous race in the world. I believe that we now have an excellent blend of youth and experience amongst our three cars on this very important anniversary in our rich racing history.”
Old 20 May 2009, 21:46 (Ref:2466012)   #1294
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Another mystery for Le Mans complete.

About Primat's comments, is it really that 'bad' to reshuffle the line-up of a team that has only raced in 2 events?
Old 20 May 2009, 21:48 (Ref:2466014)   #1295
Erw
Racer

Netherlands
Amersfoort, Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post

About Primat's comments, is it really that 'bad' to reshuffle the line-up of a team that has only raced in 2 events?

I dont think so, and Lemans is so much different than any other race.....

I think Primat should focus on driving and less on other things
Old 20 May 2009, 22:06 (Ref:2466039)   #1296
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post

It's very confusing for the catering staff, they'll have to cook different meals in different orders. I'm sure Mr. Primat is annoying that Croque Madame is now off the menu.
Old 20 May 2009, 22:10 (Ref:2466042)   #1297
Erw
Racer

Netherlands
Amersfoort, Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
It's very confusing for the catering staff, they'll have to cook different meals in different orders. I'm sure Mr. Primat is annoying that Croque Madame is now off the menu.
He should put his Croque in a Madame and stop crying haha
Old 20 May 2009, 23:46 (Ref:2466084)   #1298
scoff
Rookie

Netherlands
The Netherlands
scoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's something wrong about this.

Option A: Verstappen and/or Primat are not right in their words (V: says he's placed with the best and P: there's a lot reshuffled and i'm not happy with it)
Option B: There's no full British car.

Why?

- If I would bet on something it's this: There's an eastern europe entry, so the 008 will be Charouz and Enge, no doubt about that (I expect).

With a british 007 the only choice is who's with the czechs.
007 Davidson/Hall/Tuner
008 Charouz/Enge/?
Left over for the 009:
Mucke/Primat/Ramos/Verstappen

The words of verstappen and premat don't follow these lines
- Jos explains they've put him in one team with the best drivers but they can't place him with enge and mucke because I bet charouz and enge will be together.
- Primat has said they are going to reshuffle and he's not happy about it. With mucke in the 008 only verstappen would be in place of turner in his car, why would primat complain, what's the fuzz?
- If mucke is in the 009 with ramos and verstappen, primat wouldn't about being with Enge in the 008. Nor would he if ramos is in the 008 and he's with verstappen and mucke.

So my bet is there's no british car or Jos is being tricked by Richards like he has been all his carreer :S. I'm afraid where my second bet is on .

And if there's no british car, but a brit in each car, I expect:
007 Davidson/Mucke/Verstappen
008 Charouz/Enge/Turner
009 Hall/Primat/Ramos
Old 20 May 2009, 23:57 (Ref:2466090)   #1299
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why should there be a British car? Do you want it to be a serious attempt at winning the race or an exercise of national pride?
Old 21 May 2009, 00:25 (Ref:2466108)   #1300
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
Why should there be a British car? Do you want it to be a serious attempt at winning the race or an exercise of national pride?
Quite true. I want Aston Martin to get the best result possible, it doesnt matter who is in the car or where they are from as long as they can get the job done. That might sound a tad harsh but how badly do you want to win or at least finish at high up as possible?

And yes I know Im an aussie and not a brit but if it were an aussie team I'd say the same thing.