Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 11 Feb 2004, 17:34 (Ref:870925)   #1
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Big Night Out

Who is going to the BARC Big Night Out this Saturday evening? Whoever is going I'll see you there.

Ian
Old 11 Feb 2004, 18:10 (Ref:870965)   #2
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not going myself but I have three of my paintings being awarded. Recipients? Hush hush...after the weekend!
Old 12 Feb 2004, 09:20 (Ref:871604)   #3
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I'll be there Chiggers old chap, I have another 'gong' to collect Tell you more about it later.
Old 12 Feb 2004, 09:59 (Ref:871630)   #4
Teletubby
Veteran

England
Hampshire
Teletubby should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTeletubby should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Me too! See you there!
Old 12 Feb 2004, 10:16 (Ref:871646)   #5
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
It would appear I may be on your table Mr Tubby
Old 12 Feb 2004, 20:23 (Ref:872346)   #6
F3lollipops
Racer

United Kingdom
Lollipop Land
F3lollipops should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm going, see you there
Old 13 Feb 2004, 23:02 (Ref:873662)   #7
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Hmm not too many of us going then by the looks of it What about DarrylB and Gonfra, are we to be deprived of their wit tomorrow night?
Old 14 Feb 2004, 13:07 (Ref:874106)   #8
Teletubby
Veteran

England
Hampshire
Teletubby should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTeletubby should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nope, Darrell, Red Baron and Gonfra will all be present and on our table!
Old 14 Feb 2004, 13:08 (Ref:874107)   #9
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Ahhh best I sharpen my own wit then! Looking forward to seeing you all later. Safe journey Martin.
Old 15 Feb 2004, 15:02 (Ref:874871)   #10
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Sunday afternoon...*stifles yawn*

What a fabulous evening!

Huge thanks to everyone at BARC for such a wonderful evening. The Browning Medal will be sitting on the mantlepiece in the lounge of my new home. I really can't thank you enough for the award and for the amazing pre award speech! I remember that as I walked towards the stage to accept the award, everyone started to stand and clap. I was stunned to say the least.

Thank you everyone, it will be a night I never forget.
Old 15 Feb 2004, 17:00 (Ref:874918)   #11
johnw
Veteran

England
Chichester - 1/2 mile from Goodwood
johnw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congratulations Stephen
Great pity I couldn't be there to see you pick up the Browning Medal. I believe that the last time it was awarded, it was to David Purley. You therefore continue a great tradition of British heroes.
Well done.
John
Old 15 Feb 2004, 18:12 (Ref:874974)   #12
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Thank you John. You are right, it has only vere been awarded once before, to David Purley back in 1973 so it indeed a huge honour to be only the second recipient.
Old 15 Feb 2004, 20:31 (Ref:875043)   #13
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm proud to say "I know you" Stephen.

Well done matey.
Old 15 Feb 2004, 23:04 (Ref:875160)   #14
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Cheers Peter. Hope to 'bump into you' again later this year?
Old 16 Feb 2004, 12:33 (Ref:875697)   #15
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Many congratulations Stephen - well deserved!

Sheila
Old 16 Feb 2004, 17:26 (Ref:875992)   #16
Red Baron
Racer

United Kingdom
Wiltshire
Red Baron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You're right Steve; from what I can remember it was a geat evening

I do remember that you were the only winner to receive a standing ovation though.....

Well done you !!!!!!
Old 16 Feb 2004, 18:27 (Ref:876049)   #17
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
I must admit that part took me completely by surprise. It ws just awsome to see whole tables standing as I walked by and still standing as I left the stage. It really was so special and something I shall remember for the rest of my life. I have written to Dennis today expressing my sincere thanks to all concerned.
Old 17 Feb 2004, 11:04 (Ref:876794)   #18
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well done Stephen! It looked like it was going to be a great night when I delivered the Avon F3 and EuroBoss award paintings earlier in the afternoon. Could not stay for the evening unfortunately. Great venue. I heard it was once owned by Charlie Agg ( Historic racer / Trojan) and the museum suite was where he kept his cars.
Old 17 Feb 2004, 13:49 (Ref:876980)   #19
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Congratulations Stephen, as Red Baron says the only winner to get a standing ovation and very well deserved as well. Very impressive that the medal was last awarded in 1973!

Andrew, was the painting of Danny Watts at Castle Combe one of yours? It was fantastic.
Old 17 Feb 2004, 19:44 (Ref:877442)   #20
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Yes it was, thanks Piglet. Danny got the Avon 'Rookie of the year' award and absolutely delighted he was too, judging by the 'thankyou' message he left on my answerphone! The 'team award' painting was for T-Sport of their 1-2 in the scholarship class at Donington. I'll post pics in the art forum when I get the film done.
Old 17 Feb 2004, 20:49 (Ref:877533)   #21
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Danny was over the moon with it, although he reckoned the piccie was only about half a lap before he put it in the tyres!!
Old 18 Feb 2004, 10:42 (Ref:878133)   #22
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Piglet - photos of Danny's award can be seen here:
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...115#post878115
Old 18 Feb 2004, 13:04 (Ref:878260)   #23
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Great pictures Andrew.
Old 18 Feb 2004, 18:19 (Ref:878523)   #24
listernoble
Racer

United Kingdom
Norfolk UK
listernoble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry to be an absolute idiot!
What is the Browning Medal awarded for,I assume it is for very special marshalling duties but am intrigued as to exactly what criteria?
Please excuse my ignorance.
Lister
Old 18 Feb 2004, 18:44 (Ref:878554)   #25
johnw
Veteran

England
Chichester - 1/2 mile from Goodwood
johnw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that it was awarded to David Purley for his efforts in trying to save fellow racer Roger Williamson from his burning vehicle. Something like "Actions above and beyond the call of duty".
I've always believed that it was a recognition of heroism, and its re-awarding to SG would seem to back that up.