Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 6 Jan 2016, 22:30 (Ref:3602646)   #1
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Stoke Row and Nuffield Motor Sport Day

Classic trial, bike racing and of course racing cars.
Old 7 Jan 2016, 05:57 (Ref:3602713)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As I'm unable to put anything on the calendar, I'll stick this one.
Old 7 Jan 2016, 13:06 (Ref:3602773)   #3
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Should be able to make it this year Iain, will look to round up the usual suspects to come along and help out.
Old 7 Jan 2016, 13:30 (Ref:3602778)   #4
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I m sure something is going to kick me in the bo--ocks , everything is working out tooooo well at the moment. See you Saturday for an apple juice Alan.
Old 7 Jan 2016, 19:39 (Ref:3602874)   #5
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I haven't put anything on the website about this year's event yet but the website will give you a flavour of what's happened in the past. It's definitely becoming a bit of an event at which to show off your classic car. I'll put some pictures on the site of last year's event as soon as I get them - but in the meantime...

http://www.stokerow-motorsportday.co.uk/
Old 7 Jan 2016, 19:58 (Ref:3602876)   #6
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
I haven't put anything on the website about this year's event yet but the website will give you a flavour of what's happened in the past. It's definitely becoming a bit of an event at which to show off your classic car. I'll put some pictures on the site of last year's event as soon as I get them - but in the meantime...

http://www.stokerow-motorsportday.co.uk/
That and the potential to rub shoulders with a number of "names" from the world of motorsport and, for all we know, other spheres of interest (assuming there are any other spheres of interest of course .....)
Old 7 Jan 2016, 20:09 (Ref:3602877)   #7
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I m sure something is going to kick me in the bo--ocks , everything is working out tooooo well at the moment. See you Saturday for an apple juice Alan.
You can't have apple juice in a "dry" January Iain. It ferments.

Maybe Peter and Andrew could be persuaded to transport some genuine Lake District water south? With any luck they could "tap" into the 40million promise for flood defences to fund the costs.

Saturday could be a trial run. By July Oxfordshire will probably be in the middle of the driest drought since records began and desperate for water from any source.

Old 7 Jan 2016, 21:58 (Ref:3602908)   #8
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The date looks good to me! The Sunday anyway. All being well I can come straight on from Forest Edge with the race van and trailer and stay the Saturday night.

Last time I went I suddenly realised that the guy making a lot of sense about F1 was former McLaren engineer Steve Nichols with a wealth of stories about Senna which came out so naturally. I do hope he didn't notice my tongue hanging out as I followed his every word. So yes if you haven't been before you are far more likely to truly rub shoulders with the great and good of motor racing than at am expensive set piece "motor racing show".

Can't wait. Fancy a karting display Iain? I'll have the kit with me.
Old 8 Jan 2016, 00:41 (Ref:3602948)   #9
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

A few snaps from last year.

3 chaps enjoying the sunshine and discussing the merits of aluminium vs. carbon fibre (Steve Nichols on the right.)

Our very own Chigley managing traffic.

A couple of people who seemed to know each other well and may have had something to do with motor sport at some time in their lives.

PS. It might be a good idea to add 2016 to the title somewhere.
Attached Thumbnails
545px_WEB_StokeRow_and_Nuffield_20150705_ONED7773.jpg   545px_WEB_StokeRow_and_Nuffield_20150705_ONED7801.jpg   750px_WEB_StokeRow_and_Nuffield_20150705_IMG_7379.jpg  

Old 8 Jan 2016, 06:35 (Ref:3602978)   #10
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
That will be brilliant Max . Mine of the aspects of the show is to educate people on how to start out in motor sport so be prepared for an interview . 😄
Old 12 Jan 2016, 14:33 (Ref:3604030)   #11
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I might come along this year, to lower the tone
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 12 Jan 2016, 15:42 (Ref:3604070)   #12
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
[QUOTE] [you are far more likely to truly rub shoulders with the great and good of motor racing/QUOTE]

But Max! I wasn't there!
Old 12 Jan 2016, 16:37 (Ref:3604096)   #13
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm sorry I can't edit my post now but it should have said:

"...Rub shoulders with people who know the great and good of motor racing like Bauble"
Old 12 Jan 2016, 16:48 (Ref:3604100)   #14
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post

"...Rub shoulders with people who know the great and good of motor racing like Bauble"
I would let you know Max that 'the great and good of motor sport' have often rubbed shoulders with me.
Old 12 Jan 2016, 17:41 (Ref:3604113)   #15
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

We all know the great and good of motor racing like Bauble. Who wouldn't?
Old 12 Jan 2016, 19:40 (Ref:3604137)   #16
bauble
Veteran

England
I have 'rubbed shoulders' with 15 Formula 1 World Champions in my time, so don't get me started! I don't like to boast .............. although I often do ..........
Old 12 Jan 2016, 20:38 (Ref:3604168)   #17
midgetman
Veteran

So just two shoulders of separation?
Old 12 Jan 2016, 20:39 (Ref:3604169)   #18
midgetman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
We all know the great and good of motor racing like Bauble. Who wouldn't?
Ooh good one! Yes it was a rather ambiguous sentence!
Old 12 Jan 2016, 20:41 (Ref:3604170)   #19
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
So will you be coming to the show Bob . You would be very welcome
Old 12 Jan 2016, 23:13 (Ref:3604214)   #20
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
So will you be coming to the show Bob . You would be very welcome
Depending on my other engagements, and if the right crowd are attending, then I may deign to grace the event with my august presence, Delta.

Thanks for the invite.
Old 13 Jan 2016, 07:26 (Ref:3604293)   #21
midgetman
Veteran

I'm going so the right crowd are there :-)
Old 13 Jan 2016, 08:25 (Ref:3604307)   #22
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
I'm going so the right crowd are there :-)
So! You are a crowd then Max, I know you make a lot of noise, but .................

Old 13 Jan 2016, 08:30 (Ref:3604309)   #23
midgetman
Veteran

Old 13 Jan 2016, 10:06 (Ref:3604327)   #24
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
They say 'Two's company, three's a crowd' Where does that put you Max?
Are you God like? A trinity? Or just very big?

Have a nice day,

Bob.
Old 15 Jan 2016, 13:33 (Ref:3605056)   #25
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Might try to get down again, Iain........need to get a classic on the road to make the most of it