Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 3 Nov 2023, 17:40 (Ref:4184204)   #1351
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do you still have to pay rates (or the spanish equivalent)?

Does Sue come to visit?
Old 3 Nov 2023, 18:47 (Ref:4184214)   #1352
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
A lot of those checks are done by facial recognition cameras now , not just done by the people standing there .
Over 20 years ago the security people at various high security places used to like telling me about some of the high security places I had been in recently .

So probably the cameras have been rolled out in a lot more places now .

Just remember , BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU .
And talking about BIG BROTHER type things , a few minutes ago was outside looking at the sky , and there was a line of lights ? , coming across from West to East . About 15 of them in a long line .

Dont panic , it is not an invasion , apparently it is a line of STARLINK Satellites which are orbiting the earth . But it did look very unusual .
Old 3 Nov 2023, 18:54 (Ref:4184216)   #1353
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
And talking about BIG BROTHER type things , a few minutes ago was outside looking at the sky , and there was a line of lights ? , coming across from West to East . About 15 of them in a long line .

Dont panic , it is not an invasion , apparently it is a line of STARLINK Satellites which are orbiting the earth . But it did look very unusual .
Found a picture of them .
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/train-ligh...094000221.html
Apparently 340 miles above the Earth .
Old 3 Nov 2023, 19:09 (Ref:4184217)   #1354
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

https://findstarlink.com/
Old 3 Nov 2023, 19:44 (Ref:4184226)   #1355
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I decided to move house
https://youtu.be/wCDTr4Ua0Fs
No beer garden?
Old 3 Nov 2023, 20:40 (Ref:4184229)   #1356
Tel 911S
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post

Thanks for that link . I now know when to see them again
Old 3 Nov 2023, 20:42 (Ref:4184230)   #1357
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
I've always planned to convert it back to Webers.....
Strange choice. Back in the day, at Spa 24 (was it 74 or 75?) our GRP1 Bertone was found really fast in the straights using Dell'Orto's. The difference with Webers is huge and the airbox allows more air to go through the carbs. One bloke says the Webers are like a toilet flush! I still have one Dell'Orto complete ramp somewhere in the garage.
Old 3 Nov 2023, 21:09 (Ref:4184233)   #1358
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Thanks for that link . I now know when to see them again
I remember the first time I (officially) saw them. It is quite surreal (IMO) to see such a 'regular' formation of lights in the sky.
Old 3 Nov 2023, 21:15 (Ref:4184235)   #1359
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Do you still have to pay rates (or the spanish equivalent)?

Does Sue come to visit?
Not often as she dosen't like the stone pillows on the bed
Actually there are a fair number of cave houses in our area and some of them are pretty amazing, with running water and electricity and all the home comforts.
Yes you do have to pay rates as legally cave houses are treated in the same manner as resales of conventional houses and homes. They have escrituras (deeds)and are registered in the Land Registry and Tax Office. As such, mortgages and insurance are available so they are safe to purchase so long as you take all the precautions that you should take when buying any property in Spain.Click image for larger version

Name:	p0447kyr.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	78289

Last edited by GORDON STREETER; 3 Nov 2023 at 21:20.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 3 Nov 2023, 21:50 (Ref:4184238)   #1360
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There was a cave restaurant near where I lived in Spain:

Name:  Las Cuevas Cave Restuarant.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  4.2 KB
Old 3 Nov 2023, 22:07 (Ref:4184239)   #1361
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Mr. Musk has a lot to answer for.
Old 4 Nov 2023, 09:23 (Ref:4184276)   #1362
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I saw that in Greece back in September. It's quite eerie isn't it.
Old 5 Nov 2023, 12:51 (Ref:4184543)   #1363
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Here's a bunch of N'er do wells having a coffee stop on the L-B Run this morning.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_08021.jpg  
Old 5 Nov 2023, 13:06 (Ref:4184545)   #1364
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
Nice pic, thanks! They all look great. Did Iain found a way to blow in the De Dion Bouton "carb"?
Old 5 Nov 2023, 13:16 (Ref:4184548)   #1365
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I can't take credit for the pic. Iain sent it to me earlier.
Old 5 Nov 2023, 13:25 (Ref:4184549)   #1366
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lovely photo.

Looks like it has almost stopped raining?
Old 5 Nov 2023, 13:34 (Ref:4184551)   #1367
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It must be pretty chilly; even Iain's not wearing his customary shorts.
Old 5 Nov 2023, 15:16 (Ref:4184561)   #1368
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If anyone is interested, the Walter Hayes Trophy is live at a damp Silverstone on this link

https://youtu.be/Hi47TXd-_Ho
Old 5 Nov 2023, 15:23 (Ref:4184564)   #1369
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
If anyone is interested, the Walter Hayes Trophy is live at a damp Silverstone on this link

Thanks EB Proper racing!
Old 5 Nov 2023, 16:38 (Ref:4184582)   #1370
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post

Too cold for me in my old age, I have just booked a return flight to Spain for £35 !!! talk about a bargain It's a good job that my wife has an Irish passport
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 5 Nov 2023, 16:54 (Ref:4184586)   #1371
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Iain, sent me a pic from Madiera Druve. They've finished! I'll post it later.
Old 6 Nov 2023, 08:14 (Ref:4184682)   #1372
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's a picture from before the off.

Old 7 Nov 2023, 13:45 (Ref:4184987)   #1373
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0305.JPG
Views:	9
Size:	953.8 KB
ID:	78299

Is this the "Delta" car?
Old 7 Nov 2023, 14:18 (Ref:4184993)   #1374
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Yes that’s us . Driving into the Sun. I had a lovely day . The day started at 4 am and got into bed at 9 pm. Cream crackard . Think the best part was all the cars at Hyde Park . Such a well organised event . If I had one negative it was the long time getting out of London . This down to high volumn of traffic . The De Dion Bouton ran well all the way . We had one break down when fuel supply ran dry going up a long hill after Crawley . Had to jump out and push although there was a tow car which arrived very quickly . We got to Brighton arround 4 .15 15 min before cut off curfew . Not sure how strict they are on this cut off time as there were plenty of cars behind us. We had nice hot stew as a welcome . Delta crew were waiting for us and we loaded the lovely little car up and went home. A most memorable day .
Old 7 Nov 2023, 14:39 (Ref:4184997)   #1375
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Apologies, I meant to post this on Sunday evening. This is the arrival of the Deltamobile at Marina Drive.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_08191.jpg