Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 1 Mar 2017, 10:07 (Ref:3715494)   #1
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
FIA Historic Database.

The FIA Historic Motor Sport Department has been working on this for a couple of years now and it is available to the public for consultation.

First version as presented online is the first development with the main focus being on Homologation Forms and with 3255 of them having been published with more than half being of new quality (modern digitalized documents).

Second part is dedicated to regulations with 43 period FIA Technical Regulations available with a selection of 30 other period regulations (ex: 1930 European Hill Climb, 1975 Trophée de l’Avenir and 1988 IMSA Code to name a few) as well as the actual FIA Appendix K for Historic Motor Sport.

All these documents are available for consultation and at disposal of competitors as well as organisers and officials and people who are looking for period information. A tool that will certainly grow in the future, contributions being invited and which we hope will make the sport understood but above all, which will enable us to continue what historic motor sport was first meant to be, an active celebration of the history.

It's here - http://historicdb.fia.com
Old 1 Mar 2017, 10:45 (Ref:3715504)   #2
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
The 'find a car' input screen doesn't work with Firefox...
Old 1 Mar 2017, 11:01 (Ref:3715510)   #3
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks. Its good to have clear pics of the details (works fine with Safari/Mac). Is it legal to download and use them freely?
Old 1 Mar 2017, 11:05 (Ref:3715511)   #4
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As per Art. 4.1.4 to FIA Appendix K: For any homologated car, the HTP must be accompanied by an ASN certified copy (printed on FIA stamped/watermarked paper with an ASN additional authentication) of the car’s original Homologation Form or a ASN certified copy (printed on FIA stamped/watermarked paper with an ASN additional authentication) of the car’s Retrospective Homologation Form.

None of the forms available on this website will be recognised as valid on an event, this is for consultation only.
Old 1 Mar 2017, 16:20 (Ref:3715593)   #5
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
That's great, the quality of the Tornado papers is miles better than my copy, you can clearly see the inlet manifolds are steel, as I've been trying to convince Jim Lowry they were originally as that's what Cosworth made . . . . he tried making us change to Aluminium.
Old 1 Mar 2017, 17:27 (Ref:3715613)   #6
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Of course, you're not alone Joe! We had the same thing with a poor copy of a poor copy of the homologated large capacity radiator (Capri), very hard to state whether it was made of aluminium or copper. Some can, I can't !
Old 1 Mar 2017, 20:07 (Ref:3715645)   #7
one-two
Racer

one-two should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done Louis and colleagues - a great initiative. Best wishes, Robert
Old 2 Mar 2017, 10:30 (Ref:3715753)   #8
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
A brilliant initiative, just reading the Cortina 1200 deluxe homologation forms, some quite nice bits homologated in 1962, would have been done by Jeff Uren, I think he did the Monte Carlo Rally in a very early MK1 1200.
Old 2 Mar 2017, 13:29 (Ref:3715804)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Of course, you're not alone Joe! We had the same thing with a poor copy of a poor copy of the homologated large capacity radiator (Capri), very hard to state whether it was made of aluminium or copper. Some can, I can't !
IIRC it was a Transit Radiator with a big header.

Of course eventually they were made of Aluminium.
Old 4 Mar 2017, 13:09 (Ref:3716433)   #10
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Small scrape of the FIA satin black maybe.?
Old 5 Mar 2017, 08:38 (Ref:3716611)   #11
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence View Post
Small scrape of the FIA satin black maybe.?
I'm happy not to have to do this for a living, its for pleasure only. Well should be. But when a guy tells you from a black and white bad pic that its for sure copper you've better smile. Really pleased to consult many forms for free, previously in France we had to pay for.
Old 20 Apr 2017, 08:06 (Ref:3727939)   #12
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
That's great, the quality of the Tornado papers is miles better than my copy, you can clearly see the inlet manifolds are steel, as I've been trying to convince Jim Lowry they were originally as that's what Cosworth made . . . . he tried making us change to Aluminium.
Typical! of the whole concept of the FIA's involvement in Historic Motor Sport. Cars fitted with up to date roll over hoops mounted on chassis not designed or of construction to take the loads imposed in the interests of safety, ( nobody objects to the safety aspect) and in the same breath requires the replacement of CV joints with rubber donuts on Chevron 19's/21's and 23's, Nothing less than a