Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 10 Apr 2017, 16:48 (Ref:3725334)   #226
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
As to Group 1 and 3 which are sister categories if the original windows are retained do we have to apply a film on them for circuit use? Or replace them by 4 mm Lexan units? Scrutineering may be different on this point, I thought it was for Grp2, 4 and 5.
Old 11 Apr 2017, 07:49 (Ref:3725438)   #227
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
As to Group 1 and 3 which are sister categories if the original windows are retained do we have to apply a film on them for circuit use? Or replace them by 4 mm Lexan units? Scrutineering may be different on this point, I thought it was for Grp2, 4 and 5.
Appendix K is simple, take Appendix VIII to Appendix K for Group 1 and 3 from Period E up to G1, at the top, it says "NO OTHER MODIFICATIONS AUTHORISED, therefore as nothing permits the replacement of original windows, no FAA type material for these. It must be original, safety glass and yes, addition of film is accepted as added safety.

If a ruling doesn't say "It is permitted", "may be used" or makes it an obligation by using "must" and/or "minimum requirement", then, it is not allowed.
Old 11 Apr 2017, 08:11 (Ref:3725444)   #228
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
I find the appendix K is clear. But what to do with a scrutineer who requires you to change the windows when you are on the field…
Old 11 Apr 2017, 08:24 (Ref:3725447)   #229
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I find the appendix K is clear. But what to do with a scrutineer who requires you to change the windows when you are on the field…
Quote him Appendix K and tell him to read.
Old 11 Apr 2017, 08:31 (Ref:3725449)   #230
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Nicely of course, as I always do.
Old 20 Jun 2017, 14:32 (Ref:3745526)   #231
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Latest version as published on 20.06.2017 - Here
Old 11 Dec 2017, 10:42 (Ref:3786251)   #232
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
2018 FIA Regulations available - here
Old 6 Dec 2018, 11:31 (Ref:3868234)   #233
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Latest version available on FIA Website - here

Particular attention should be given to Appendix VI to Appendix K which is for Roll Over Protection Structure regulations. A new and complete version is now part of the rulebook, no changes but we've tried to make it clearer to everybody and we hope it helps.
Old 7 Dec 2018, 08:05 (Ref:3868469)   #234
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I'll read that later . . . got to try and skin my new 50kg spaceframe with new 0.7mm thick mk1 cortina panels.
Old 10 Dec 2018, 07:44 (Ref:3869107)   #235
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
I'll read that later . . . got to try and skin my new 50kg spaceframe with new 0.7mm thick mk1 cortina panels.
No worries, I'm sorting a carbon/aluminium shell with sequential gearbox for my Mini as I heard there was some special races next year
Old 10 Dec 2018, 12:52 (Ref:3869150)   #236
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 10 Dec 2018, 12:54 (Ref:3869151)   #237
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddha View Post
No worries, I'm sorting a carbon/aluminium shell with sequential gearbox for my Mini as I heard there was some special races next year
I’m sure there’s a man somewhere who can sort that for you!
Old 11 Dec 2018, 15:41 (Ref:3869442)   #238
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I’m sure there’s a man somewhere who can sort that for you!
Well I could possibly consider a Quaife as well, if you know more, let me know.
Old 11 Dec 2018, 15:53 (Ref:3869449)   #239
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Well I could possibly consider a Quaife as well, if you know more, let me know.
Might has well ‘go the whole hog’, as the saying goes....
Old 11 Dec 2018, 16:23 (Ref:3869464)   #240
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Louis, I do recommend top chop to satisfy wind tunnel requirements assuring good results. This is what it takes in the category you're targeting. For our English friends, the almost-official name is Le Groupe 1 Ã* la française Your car must be compliant with unwritten rules while the appendix is to be invented… May be the ZZ!
Old 11 Dec 2018, 19:45 (Ref:3869507)   #241
PeterMorley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Belgium
PeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
There used to be some French "lightweight E-types" that had aluminium foil lining their fibreglass bonnets which apparently meant they could be described as aluminium bonnets on the paperwork!
Old 20 Feb 2019, 16:47 (Ref:3885597)   #242
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
A question for Duddha.

The appendix to K that details damper types suggests that in period F ‘steel bodied, twin tube, double adjuster’ dampers are legal.

BUT, is that ‘legal’ only if proof of period fitment to a particular make and model in international competition exists?
Old 21 Feb 2019, 09:17 (Ref:3885709)   #243
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Quote:
A question for Duddha.

The appendix to K that details damper types suggests that in period F ‘steel bodied, twin tube, double adjuster’ dampers are legal.

BUT, is that ‘legal’ only if proof of period fitment to a particular make and model in international competition exists?
If you read the first paragraph of that 3 page document, you will get your answer, the table is a summary, it shows the technology available back then.

FYI There will be an update coming out 08.03.2019 for the Supplement 1 and reinforcing the period specification aspect.
Old 21 Feb 2019, 10:53 (Ref:3885738)   #244
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Thanks. I was asked by someone why they couldn’t have double adjuster dampers on their car, and thought the answer would be because there is no period proof that model used them in period....
Old 21 Feb 2019, 18:24 (Ref:3885797)   #245
Terence Bower
Rookie

Germany
Terence Bower should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wonder how many are being used though? Difficult to spot if painted in FIA Black.
Old 21 Feb 2019, 18:45 (Ref:3885802)   #246
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Wonder how many using can really make profit with all the settings. I remember the 996 Cup having too many for us.
Old 21 Feb 2019, 18:53 (Ref:3885804)   #247
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Wonder how many using can really make profit with all the settings.
I’m sure many get confused by having too much adjustment!

Unless a car is a complete dog, I tend to adopt the ‘just drive it’ approach......
Old 21 Feb 2019, 19:13 (Ref:3885811)   #248
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Unless a car is a complete dog
If its a dog it will stay like this the shocks settings are not everything, fully agree with you! Look the modern stuff, everything's adjustable, low speeds, fast speeds, you need datas and a good engineer.
One thing I find interesting are the hydraulic or air small "ressorts compensateurs" allowing to adjust the ride height remotely. Good in rallye.
Old 10 Mar 2019, 17:01 (Ref:3889470)   #249
Robyn Slater
Veteran

England
Sudbury Suffolk
Robyn Slater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm trying to confirm valve and choke sizes for App.K Lotus Cortina. Does anyone know or can give me the number of the homologation papers. Thanks
Old 10 Mar 2019, 17:17 (Ref:3889471)   #250
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Certainly you will find your answers here: http://historicdb.fia.com
You're looking for # 5018, January 2 1966. Ford. Lotus. Lotus Cortina. Free consultation private use only. Nice car…

Last edited by Gerard C; 10 Mar 2019 at 17:23.