Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 20 Dec 2017, 12:04 (Ref:3788309)   #176
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
The complete FJHRA calendar is now published, and includes one other (to dates already known) Lurani event at Monza end of June. Looks like it is a Formula Renault 2.0 meeting, not historic, but I will add to the HRT calendar.

Hope you can read this...
Attached Thumbnails
F84BCFBF-468A-4068-A060-9093E1213580.png  
Old 20 Dec 2017, 16:36 (Ref:3788364)   #177
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Mike, if you feel it can be of interest for tenthers, you could add Dijon Motors Cup to take place October 12 to 14th. Organiser is HVM racing in France, some people speak English there. Not that Prenois is a fantastic track but Burgundy is a nice region…
Old 20 Dec 2017, 17:59 (Ref:3788384)   #178
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Mike, if you feel it can be of interest for tenthers, you could add Dijon Motors Cup to take place October 12 to 14th. Organiser is HVM racing in France, some people speak English there. Not that Prenois is a fantastic track but Burgundy is a nice region…
It’s on the calendar, Gerard. Just in case you’ve not learned the intricacies of it- if you click on the link ‘Historic Racing Calendar’ at the top of the HRT page, you can select the month and year in the bottom right corner, which brings up that month’s page. If you then click on any event it will open the appropriate thread......

Edit- Masters have all 5 of their championships at the meeting, plus it is the final 2018 round of HSCC F2 and FJ Lurani Trophy. So definitely of interest to U.K. Historic racers.......

Last edited by Mike Bell; 20 Dec 2017 at 18:26.
Old 22 Dec 2017, 00:01 (Ref:3788620)   #179
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
CSCC have just issued their "definitive" calendar now, confirming the earlier version but apportioning the different series to the Saturday or Sunday as appropriate....

Details on their (revamped) website for anyone interested
Old 23 Dec 2017, 10:13 (Ref:3788823)   #180
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
The Iberian Historic Endurance organiser, Diogo Ferrao, has announced their calendar for 2018, although not included on the website yet. The series is more open and relaxed than some others. A preview here....
Attached Thumbnails
BC11E815-7781-4789-83FA-B978644C8251.png   D780CA2E-1F1A-4B5B-A7A2-74AF2287B105.jpg  
Old 4 Feb 2018, 08:22 (Ref:3798370)   #181
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
FISCAR races here - http://fiscar.org/

It includes a couple of special races and I'm hoping that I will this year get some real support for my Archie Scott Brown race since it is the 60th Anniversary of his tragic death at Spa. Don't know yet whether my Bic Healey race will be run.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 9 Feb 2018, 16:44 (Ref:3799970)   #182
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
FISCAR races here - http://fiscar.org/

It includes a couple of special races and I'm hoping that I will this year get some real support for my Archie Scott Brown race since it is the 60th Anniversary of his tragic death at Spa. Don't know yet whether my Bic Healey race will be run.
Added to the individual dates info, John.

Also Pau Historique, which slipped under the radar as no FJ there this year!
Old 17 Feb 2018, 11:17 (Ref:3801981)   #183
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Many thanks, Mike
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 2 Apr 2018, 12:03 (Ref:3812466)   #184
Moby
Rookie

Moby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Whenever it is!

Talking of Jags, still no news on what’s happening with the Jaguar Challenge next year? I know a race at LMC was rumoured, but not sure if a change in the overall Challenge format.....
The Jags now have a place with the AMOC 1950’s Sportscars, that’s both the XK’s and the pre-66 Saloons, 5 Races at the main circuits, first one 12th May at Oulton.
Old 2 Apr 2018, 20:06 (Ref:3812548)   #185
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But don't confuse this new JEC series with the HSCC's Jaguar Challenge which is at Classic Le Mans again this year.
Old 3 Apr 2018, 15:55 (Ref:3812650)   #186
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
But don't confuse this new JEC series with the HSCC's Jaguar Challenge which is at Classic Le Mans again this year.
Exactly that, I was referring to just the HSCC series they run for Jaguar. 3 meetings in the U.K. this year- Donington HF, Silverstone ‘International’ Meeting, Oulton Park Gold Cup and then to Spa for the 6hrs w/end. No mention of LMC, Colin, but maybe because it wouldn’t be run under HSCC durasdiction?
Old 3 Apr 2018, 16:57 (Ref:3812656)   #187
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jaguar Challenge 2018 dates are:

Donington4th - 6th May
Silverstone16th - 17th June
Le Mans Classic 6th - 8th July
Oulton Park 25th - 27th August
Spa Six Hours 14th - 16th September

According to HSCC the Le Mans round is not officially part of the not-officially-a-championship series. Details, such as they are, are here https://hscc.org.uk/event/le-mans-cl...8th-july-2018/

Can it really be 2 years since my E-type last ran?
Old 3 Apr 2018, 18:50 (Ref:3812671)   #188
Moby
Rookie

Moby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pint

Hi Mike,

I don't post very often as you can tell. I see you're in Attleborough. I'm in Hingham, fancy a pint sometime.

Steve.
Old 26 Aug 2018, 22:17 (Ref:3846410)   #189
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For those members who might be interested in watching some Historic Racing from the USA the Rolex Monterey Motorsport Reunion 2018 - Day Two live stream is now on You Tube . Next race Formula 5000
Old 27 Aug 2018, 00:37 (Ref:3846435)   #190
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.motortrend.com/auto-show...ports-reunion/