Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 16 Jul 2018, 11:18 (Ref:3836913)   #26
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sounds like a roaring success and ice cream wars too.

Well done.

Gordon: hope the scan proves successful.
Old 16 Jul 2018, 11:41 (Ref:3836917)   #27
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
We had a great day thank you.Next year Gordon. Hope MRI scan goes ok. The only major problem I had was sorting out a punch up between two ice cream vans. Confusion in the committee and two vans turned up.
If it was as hot as it was here then would have thought both were needed!
Old 16 Jul 2018, 11:49 (Ref:3836918)   #28
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
One of them just had the hump. He drove off. Without doubt they would of both sold a lot of ice cream. The guy that stayed did give me a free ice cream.
Old 16 Jul 2018, 12:11 (Ref:3836921)   #29
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Judging by the queue I think both could have done well.

The bacon roll I enjoyed as an early lunch was one of the best I have ever tasted and the Victoria Sponge cake that topped up energy levels in the late afternoon was also spectacularly good.

Mustn't forget the local beer too. Fabulous.

The event seems to be turning into a food fest with cars!

And as ever there were more than a few extraordinary, unique and interesting cars to enjoy.
Old 16 Jul 2018, 12:30 (Ref:3836924)   #30
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Hopefully a few pics, Grant?

I thought ‘ice cream wars’ were a Glasgow thing......
Old 16 Jul 2018, 16:30 (Ref:3836959)   #31
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sure both ice cream sellers could have had a good day. The guy who flounced off had a traditional ice cream van (99s, lollies etc) which would probably have been what the kids preferred whereas the other guy was selling Gelato and Sorbets from a motorcycle-based "Stop Me and Buy One" setup. The queue was at least 5-deep all afternoon so I think he probably did very nicely.

3+ hours of prime selling time, 4 ice cream cones a minute, £2+ a pop. That's about £1500 turnover.

BTW - have to agree with Grant about the bacon rolls.
Old 16 Jul 2018, 20:42 (Ref:3837005)   #32
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Hmmm . My very dear life long friend Alan Morgan gets up early Sunday and cooks me a very healthy omelette . Very nice it was even Mike Bell would approve of this healthy breakfast . Little did I know some time later he had sucummed to the lure of bbq bacon .
Old 16 Jul 2018, 21:21 (Ref:3837019)   #33
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Hopefully a few pics, Grant?

I thought ‘ice cream wars’ were a Glasgow thing......

Not of the Icecream wars I'm afraid I had no idea it was happening. I had popped back to the car to refresh the memory card, and me with some iced water and top up the sun screen.

The latter was less successful than usual by the end of the day. A new brand, unfortunately. My preferred product for the last several years seems to be no longer available in the UK. Hmm.

As for pics - well the 3 interviewees earlier of course. I'm still working through them - the very bright sunlight is great but sets individual challenges image by image.

But as we have been discussing food ....

These were taken during the set up time in the morning - hence lack of queues.
Attached Thumbnails
1280px_FoodandStuff_Stoke_Row_and_Nuffield_Motor_Sport_Day_20180715_ONED6418.jpg   1280px_FoodandStuff_Stoke_Row_and_Nuffield_Motor_Sport_Day_20180715_ONED6417.jpg   1280px_FoodandStuff_Stoke_Row_and_Nuffield_Motor_Sport_Day_20180715_ONED6449.jpg  

Old 16 Jul 2018, 21:41 (Ref:3837028)   #34
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

As for cars there were a several that I suspect may be unique but how about these two for starters, partly because they are of a similar age (I think) and colour.

The Jabbeke speed record TR1/2 rebuilt by Glen Hewett and the fabulously engineered and now restored TEST 1 Ford engined special courtesy of Mike Endean.
Attached Thumbnails
1280px_UniqueCars_Stoke_Row_and_Nuffield_Motor_Sport_Day_20180715_ONED6466.jpg   1280px_UniqueCars_Stoke_Row_and_Nuffield_Motor_Sport_Day_20180715_ONED6509.jpg  
Old 17 Jul 2018, 11:48 (Ref:3837097)   #35
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry myself and Fay could not make it this year (that Goodwood event got in the way). Hopefully all went well with the marshals you had. Hopefully next year no clashing dates !!
Old 29 Jul 2018, 20:01 (Ref:3840030)   #36
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
We had another fantastic day. I think the heat kept a few cars and drivers away, along with Tennis and Football plus there were another couple of local events going on. We raised nearly £7000.00 so thank you for that. The mums from the school again had a bumper day with cakes and bacon butties "already discussed" on this thread there takings were close to £2000.
High light for me was David and Liz Piper coming along for an interview along with Broadie and Mike Knight. I could listen to Mike all day, a very clever and witty man with so many fantastic stories of racing back in the 60's and his Winfield Race School he was involved in.
So ten years has past, very very sad we are loosing a couple of key committee members, along with the highlight of having the show I have made some very special friends past and present who have helped me enormously.
As long as we can use the fields around the Delta workshop I will carry on. The Tour gets more and more popular and Craven Motor Club do such a fantastic job.
So stand by for next year but for now many many thanks to all Tenthers who have helped and supported the show these past ten years,.