Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 25 Apr 2014, 21:08 (Ref:3398268)   #126
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Qualifying washd out - Larson on pole from practice speeds...

1. Kyle Larson Ganassi Chevrolet
2. Brad Keselowski Penske Ford
3. Clint Bowyer Waltrip Toyota
4. Kasey Kahne Hendrick Chevrolet
5. Kevin Harvick Stewart-Haas Chevrolet
6. Brian Vickers Waltrip Toyota
7. Jamie McMurray Ganassi Chevrolet
8. Ryan Truex BK Toyota
9. Paul Menard Childress Chevrolet
10. Jimmie Johnson Hendrick Chevrolet
11. Marcos Ambrose Petty Ford
12. Matt Kenseth Joe Gibbs Toyota
13. Dale Earnhardt Jr Hendrick Chevrolet
14. AJ Allmendinger JTG Daugherty Chevrole
15. Aric Almirola Petty Ford
16. Carl Edwards Roush Fenway Ford
17. Joey Logano Penske Ford
18. Ryan Newman Childress Chevrolet
19. Kyle Busch Joe Gibbs Toyota
20. Tony Stewart Stewart-Haas Chevrolet
21. Kurt Busch Stewart-Haas Chevrolet
22. Martin Truex Jr Furniture Row Ford
23. Michael Annett Baldwin Chevrolet
24. Alex Bowman BK Toyota
25. Jeff Gordon Hendrick Chevrolet
26. Greg Biffle Roush Fenway Ford
27. Austin Dillon Childress Chevrolet
28. Denny Hamlin Joe Gibbs Toyota
29. Ricky Stenhouse Jr Roush Fenway Ford
30. David Reutimann Front Row Ford
31. Justin Allgaier Hscott Chevrolet
32. Travis Kvapil Go FAS Ford
33. David Gilliland Front Row Ford
34. Casey Mears German Chevrolet
35. Danica Patrick Stewart-Haas Chevrolet
36. Reed Sorenson Baldwin Chevrolet
37. David Ragan Front Row Ford
38. Michael McDowell Leavine Ford
39. David Stremme Circle Sport Chevrolet
40. Dave Blaney Humphrey Ford
41. Josh Wise Parsons Chevrolet
42. Cole Whitt Swan Toyota
43. Joe Nemechek NEMCO Toyota
Old 27 Apr 2014, 04:32 (Ref:3398610)   #127
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Ambrose 1 Mears 0
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 27 Apr 2014, 05:31 (Ref:3398622)   #128
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A great finish, an interesting scrap in the pits afterwards and a fantastic tweet by Dale Jr.

Yep I'll take it.

Now onwards to T A L L A D E G A!
Old 27 Apr 2014, 12:51 (Ref:3398774)   #129
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nobody on the coverage seemed to be too concerned at the tyre delaminations that were happening to so many of the cars. The commentators were excited to see the car of Mr Sorensen catch alight... and seeing some tyres coming off cars with a huge chunk of tread missing from the centre...

To me, thats not exactly good enough... they seemed to not have any negative discussion about Goodyear at all.. yet there would have been perhaps a dozen cars suffering from the tyres falling apart.

Odd...
Old 27 Apr 2014, 12:57 (Ref:3398775)   #130
dirtymacca
Racer

dirtymacca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ambrose 1 Mears 0[/QUOTE]

I think one of Mears pit crew might have had the final say... Ambrose 0...
Old 27 Apr 2014, 16:45 (Ref:3398836)   #131
marc sproule
Racer

marc sproule should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
not odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Nobody on the coverage seemed to be too concerned at the tyre delaminations that were happening to so many of the cars. The commentators were excited to see the car of Mr Sorensen catch alight... and seeing some tyres coming off cars with a huge chunk of tread missing from the centre...

To me, thats not exactly good enough... they seemed to not have any negative discussion about Goodyear at all.. yet there would have been perhaps a dozen cars suffering from the tyres falling apart.

Odd...
the tv talking heads are paid cheerleaders, not real reporters.

it is definitely NOT their job to tell what's really going on
Old 27 Apr 2014, 23:36 (Ref:3398982)   #132
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc sproule View Post
the tv talking heads are paid cheerleaders, not real reporters.

it is definitely NOT their job to tell what's really going on
True.. but often times they switch to an unhappy driver or crew chief in the paddock, someone who was impacted by a failure.. you might have thought with the right level of motivation, the issue could have come to the surface.. instead of remaining under the rug

Safety is supposed to be the #1 priority isnt it?
Old 27 Apr 2014, 23:55 (Ref:3398990)   #133
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Twas a great scrap for the win towards the end of the race & Logano snuck thru for the race win - short track racing is great

What should we expect from NASCAR regarding the Ambrose punch - suspension, loss of points, fines or a NASCAR promotional video?
Old 28 Apr 2014, 11:47 (Ref:3399158)   #134
MCWB
Veteran

MCWB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New livery for the 98. Such donate. Many fund. Wow.
Old 28 Apr 2014, 12:01 (Ref:3399165)   #135
Hendrix
Racer

United States
Minnesota
Hendrix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
What should we expect from NASCAR regarding the Ambrose punch - suspension, loss of points, fines or a NASCAR promotional video?
Knowing NASCAR, they'll do all of the above.
Old 28 Apr 2014, 15:34 (Ref:3399239)   #136
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
8 out of the top 10 drivers in the standings ended in the top 10 at Richmond. Sounds like a drivers track.

Gordon, Kenseth, Johnson and Stewart haven't won yet.
Old 29 Apr 2014, 02:39 (Ref:3399463)   #137
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Owww....

Quote:
UPDATE: Casey Mears didn't let a punch keep him away from a race Sunday morning. The driver of the #13 Chevy was in Huntersville, NC for a 5K race put on by the Jimmie Johnson Foundation. It came not long after the checkered flag fell in Saturday night's race at Richmond International Raceway. Mears finished 19th in that race, and left with a bruised left eye after a punch from fellow driver Marcos Ambrose. "He got me pretty good with that shot." Mears told NASCAR.com after completing his 5K run. Mears wore sunglasses for most of Sunday's event, but it was clear the punch left a gnarly bruise and swollen left eye. Replays of the incident show Mears and Ambrose talking just after the race ended. The situation escalated when Mears forcefully shoved Ambrose. The driver of the #9 Ford then returned with a right hook to Mears' face. On Sunday, Mears remained affable despite being on the wrong end of the punch. "One thing I can say is that out of all the NASCAR fights, when you see people swing it's usually a lot of fly-swatting," Mears said. "He actually connected, so that was pretty good." Mears said the bad blood began on the track while the two were battling for position. He didn't mention one specific incident, but conceded both drivers did things the other was not happy with.(NASCAR.com)(4-28-2014)
Old 29 Apr 2014, 07:48 (Ref:3399534)   #138
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Glad that Casey isn't having a sook about it - guess he will think twice about pushing a fellow driver again. Maybe better just to go face to face & pump the chest out a bit - or leave the helmet on
Old 29 Apr 2014, 10:01 (Ref:3399590)   #139
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
R.Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtymacca View Post
Ambrose 1 Mears 0
I think one of Mears pit crew might have had the final say... Ambrose 0...[/QUOTE]
Except that, that was a sucker punch! That is the coward's way out. If you're going to throw a punch, at least be man enough to do it, face to face, toe to toe! Not like that pit crew member did! They should have just gotten out of the way and let Ambrose and Mears finish it between themselves! That's the way they did it back in the day!
Old 29 Apr 2014, 13:22 (Ref:3399663)   #140
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
speaking of getting hit in the face, did anybody see the picture of the crew member who got hit with a lugnut? Looked painful. Also made me wonder why the pit crew doesn't have to wear helmets with face masks?
Old 29 Apr 2014, 23:36 (Ref:3399856)   #141
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like Montoya will run a limited season for Penske in Cup, including the 2 Road courses and the Brickyard.
Old 30 Apr 2014, 07:37 (Ref:3399923)   #142
Dimension
Rookie

European Union
on the mind of a woman near you
Dimension should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In a third car?

Also, IMO I don't see no fault with the goodyear tires. They're using the same ones last year, but now teams got the green light to go crazy with camber, ruining their tires. If the teams are taking the risk, I think they should live with the consequences.

also, still disappointed by roush fenway. They've shown promise in some races, but they're continueing to slip...
Old 30 Apr 2014, 10:14 (Ref:3399963)   #143
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimension View Post
In a third car?

Also, IMO I don't see no fault with the goodyear tires. They're using the same ones last year, but now teams got the green light to go crazy with camber, ruining their tires. If the teams are taking the risk, I think they should live with the consequences.

also, still disappointed by roush fenway. They've shown promise in some races, but they're continueing to slip...
I agree on the tires. The tires are the same and there were few problems, last year. This year, there are allot of changes to the cars, plus the teams going off the boards on the camber. Not Goodyears fault, IMO. Along these lines, this little bit of news appeared on Jayski's, this morning:

NASCAR meets with Michelin: Just days after several Sprint Cup champion contenders had issues with where the rubber meets the road in Richmond, NASCAR officials met with representatives from Michelin at the R&D Center in Concord, NC. The timing of the Tuesday meeting is coincidental considering the rash of failures experienced by competitors in both the Nationwide and Sprint Cup Series last weekend. According to a Michelin source, however, it was a "mid-level meeting" that was scheduled before the Richmond race. "It was generally a get-acquainted and get-familiar with the tech center, and some relationship building," said the source. It likely also involved some regional and "grassroots" possibilities that could involve NASCAR and Michelin to partner. Michelin already supplies tires for the NASCAR Europe series, and also is a supplier for the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship's GT-Le Mans class. The TUDOR Championship is the NASCAR-controlled sports car series that was formed by combining Grand-Am and the American Le Mans Series.
The other three classes in the TUDOR Championship have Continental as the lone supplier. The GT-Le Mans series competitors can run whatever tire brand they choose. At the 24 Hours of Daytona, the tire of choice was Michelin. At the 12 Hours of Sebring, the only team that did not run Michelins was the Falken Tire-sponsored car. Michelin North America is based Greenville, S.C., about 100 miles south of NASCAR's Research and Development Center. Michelin reportedly is interested in bidding against Continental when the TUDOR Championship rights expire. Continental renegotiated its contract following the merger of the series and is in the first season of a multi-year deal. The exclusive Goodyear contract with NASCAR's top three touring series, including Sprint Cup, runs through 2017.(Motorsport)(4-30-2014

Interesting!
Old 30 Apr 2014, 11:12 (Ref:3399976)   #144
Bell_End
Racer

Jamaica
Church Tower
Bell_End should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

haha
Old 30 Apr 2014, 12:11 (Ref:3399991)   #145
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
The scrap resulted in a $25k fine for Ambrose and a $15k fine for Mears, announced today. Sounds about right, would've been stupid had they been fined points.
Old 30 Apr 2014, 15:37 (Ref:3400046)   #146
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nascar is the second most hypocritical organization on earth. Second only to the US Government.

That's right I just called out nascar and the fed in the same sentence. Nice knowing y'all and tell my mother I love her.
Old 30 Apr 2014, 15:49 (Ref:3400050)   #147
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Nascar is the second most hypocritical organization on earth. Second only to the US Government.
What did the Catholic church do to get demoted?
Old 30 Apr 2014, 18:28 (Ref:3400095)   #148
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive Brown View Post
What did the Catholic church do to get demoted?
Appoint a progressive pope.

---------

Also, just wanted to say that I'm really excited for Gordon right now. He's been competitive in almost every race...just can't seem to get that vital win, but it is coming!
Old 1 May 2014, 08:56 (Ref:3400268)   #149
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Quote:
That's right I just called out nascar and the fed in the same sentence. Nice knowing y'all and tell my mother I love her.

Good Ambrose didn't lose any points, that chase is gonna be very tight for the last 3 or 4 positions I reckon...
Old 1 May 2014, 09:48 (Ref:3400279)   #150
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Quote:

Fully agree with you about this government! Most corupt, inept, hypocritical, classless, worthless, lyingest, (is that a word?) feckless, pile of DUNG, organization on the face of this planet!