Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 21 Nov 2017, 15:08 (Ref:3781972)   #51
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Here are the 2018 HSCC Super Touring dates:

May 4-6 Donington Park Historic Festival
June 2/3 Thruxton
June 30/July 1 Brands Hatch Legends Superprix
July 20-22 Silverstone Classic
Aug 25-27 Oulton Park Gold Cup
Sept 15/16 Knockhill
Old 21 Nov 2017, 17:35 (Ref:3782017)   #52
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Here are the 2018 HSCC Super Touring dates:

May 4-6 Donington Park Historic Festival
June 2/3 Thruxton
June 30/July 1 Brands Hatch Legends Superprix
July 20-22 Silverstone Classic
Aug 25-27 Oulton Park Gold Cup
Sept 15/16 Knockhill

Some nice meetings they’re plugged into! Is Knockhill a BTCC round?
Old 21 Nov 2017, 17:42 (Ref:3782020)   #53
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Some nice meetings they’re plugged into! Is Knockhill a BTCC round?
No - BTCC is at Knockhill about three weeks before that, 25/26 August.

Any idea what the Thruxton meeting is?
Old 21 Nov 2017, 17:47 (Ref:3782022)   #54
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
No - BTCC is at Knockhill about three weeks before that, 25/26 August.

Any idea what the Thruxton meeting is?
No details announced but assumption is that it’s a special anniversary meeting.
Old 21 Nov 2017, 17:51 (Ref:3782023)   #55
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
No details announced but assumption is that it’s a special anniversary meeting.
Anniversary of what?

I suppose it could be about 20 years since I last went there!
Old 21 Nov 2017, 18:04 (Ref:3782027)   #56
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
If you read back in the thread it’s mentioned somewhere, and apparently the circuit’s 50th anniversary.....
Old 21 Nov 2017, 23:55 (Ref:3782091)   #57
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On the subject of the HSCC dates, I suspect that there may be a change to the Silverstone Finals meeting date as races on the GP circuit have been included on the calendars for F3, LMP3 Cup and GT Cup the same weekend.
Old 22 Nov 2017, 06:26 (Ref:3782134)   #58
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
If you read back in the thread it’s mentioned somewhere, and apparently the circuit’s 50th anniversary.....
Yes it is and to celebrate they are building a new clubhouse/hospitality suite.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Old 22 Nov 2017, 08:36 (Ref:3782145)   #59
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Yes it is and to celebrate they are building a new clubhouse/hospitality suite.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Good heavens! Is the old tin shed caff still at the bottom of the paddock?
Old 22 Nov 2017, 09:40 (Ref:3782158)   #60
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I am sure Pat will be posting his plans for the 50th anniversary race on here soon.I know there is going to be an open wheel race which I am gutted to be missing. We will be on the FJ Baltic tour. But never say never, this could be another Delta challenge. There is an airport next to the track?
Old 22 Nov 2017, 12:20 (Ref:3782175)   #61
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I am sure Pat will be posting his plans for the 50th anniversary race on here soon.I know there is going to be an open wheel race which I am gutted to be missing. We will be on the FJ Baltic tour. But never say never, this could be another Delta challenge. There is an airport next to the track?
Where are you racing in Lithuania- Vilnius?
Old 22 Nov 2017, 14:07 (Ref:3782194)   #62
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
So Kaunas " Lithuania" 1st weekend of June. Riga "Latvia" 2nd weekend. Karlskoga "Sweden" 3rd weekend.. You coming Mike. We can fill your truck with FJ cars.
Old 22 Nov 2017, 15:55 (Ref:3782217)   #63
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
So Kaunas " Lithuania" 1st weekend of June. Riga "Latvia" 2nd weekend. Karlskoga "Sweden" 3rd weekend.. You coming Mike. We can fill your truck with FJ cars.
I'd be there like a shot if it wasn't for the fact that I'm booked for Dijon 2nd w/end in June. I'm as p'eed off as you are!
Old 22 Nov 2017, 22:10 (Ref:3782278)   #64
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Steady on Iain, I can't afford the passion wagon
Old 23 Nov 2017, 16:31 (Ref:3782443)   #65
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
Steady on Iain, I can't afford the passion wagon
Perfect for Mrs McKay and your good self, Colin!
Old 23 Nov 2017, 16:51 (Ref:3782444)   #66
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure I can manage the stairs!
Old 23 Nov 2017, 21:17 (Ref:3782491)   #67
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Donington could be interesting in May.

Apparently they are planning to install the new bridge over the M1 in May. 4 days required, preferably using a Bank Holiday weekend.

Actually looking at the brief report of expectations through to December 2018, Donington could be a challenge for the entire year - any day of the week.
Old 24 Nov 2017, 10:28 (Ref:3782602)   #68
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
According to C&SC mag the Pom is above date and Formula Vintage are...

21-22 April Silverstone SPRING START!!!!

19 May Oulton Park

24 June Cadwell Park

11 August Mallory Oark

23 September Snetterton

So hopefully that is all correct.......
Mike - slightly different according to VSCC press release today - 24th June now sees a return to Donington for the club not Cadwell. Cadwell now 22nd July. So maybe C&SC did jump the gun!
Gary

Excerpts from VSCC email that I've just received:

2017 Octane Club of the Year, the Vintage Sports Car Club is delighted to announce that they will return to Donington Park on Sunday 24 June for an action-packed day of historic motorsport......

.....The Vintage Sports-Car Club will celebrate the 80th anniversary of its first stand-alone race meeting, which was held at Donington Park on 23 April 1938, with a Formula Vintage Historic Festival befitting the occasion.

.....The Formula Vintage Historic Festival at Donington Park in June will complement the 2018 Formula Vintage Season which will have rounds at:

Silverstone - 21/22 April 2018
Oulton Park - 19 May 2018
Cadwell Park - 22 July 2018
Mallory Park - 11 August 2018
Snetterton - 23 September 2018
Old 24 Nov 2017, 10:32 (Ref:3782605)   #69
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
Mike - slightly different according to VSCC press release today - 24th June now sees a return to Donington for the club not Cadwell. Cadwell now 22nd July. So maybe C&SC did jump the gun!
Gary

Excerpts from VSCC email that I've just received:

2017 Octane Club of the Year, the Vintage Sports Car Club is delighted to announce that they will return to Donington Park on Sunday 24 June for an action-packed day of historic motorsport......

Silverstone - 21/22 April 2018
Oulton Park - 19 May 2018
Cadwell Park - 22 July 2018
Mallory Park - 11 August 2018
Snetterton - 23 September 2018
Thanks Gary.
Old 24 Nov 2017, 12:23 (Ref:3782616)   #70
SJWBallistic
Rookie

SJWBallistic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The 500 Owners Association have released their provisional calendar for 2018 as follows:
April 21 - 22 Croix-en-Ternois (F)
May 19 Oulton Park
June 10 Mallory Park
June 30 – July 1 Pembrey
August 11 Mallory Park
September 23 Snetterton 200

Also Chateau Impney Hillclimb revival returns again in 2018 July 7th/8th

Stuart
Old 24 Nov 2017, 12:32 (Ref:3782619)   #71
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJWBallistic View Post
The 500 Owners Association have released their provisional calendar for 2018 as follows:
April 21 - 22 Croix-en-Ternois (F)
May 19 Oulton Park
June 10 Mallory Park
June 30 – July 1 Pembrey
August 11 Mallory Park
September 23 Snetterton 200

Also Chateau Impney Hillclimb revival returns again in 2018 July 7th/8th

Stuart
I know where I will be on 21/22 April then!

It's great to see the 500's coming back - they provided some really great racing the last time they came.
Old 25 Nov 2017, 21:06 (Ref:3782977)   #72
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Nice to see the 500s racing with VSCC at some meetings. A good fit.

Not official, but through the grapevine, Spa Summer Classic should be 22-24 June. It’s on my ‘to do’ list again with something......
Old 26 Nov 2017, 14:48 (Ref:3783190)   #73
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
It’s on my ‘to do’ list again with something......
Could it be a taste of the famous "rillettes" in July?
Old 26 Nov 2017, 16:26 (Ref:3783209)   #74
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Could it be a taste of the famous "rillettes" in July?
LMC? I’ll quite likely be there in a support roll. Hopefully you’ll also be present at your country’s flagship event?
Old 26 Nov 2017, 19:11 (Ref:3783251)   #75
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Probably Mike, in a support roll too. Have to check my "wardrobe" before in order to perfectly match the "dress" code