Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 8 Feb 2007, 10:04 (Ref:1836129)   #1
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Daytona Pre-Race discussion thread. (NO SPOILERS!)

Well, here we go! With the bud shoot out coming up, we've got alot of things to talk about.

Who will be running in the 250 and the 500? Anyone running the Trucks race? Who's the favorite, who will dissapoint.

so much to talk about!

So i'll get the ball rolling. Does Dale still run the Oreo's car @ Daytona? I liked the look of that thing...
Old 8 Feb 2007, 10:34 (Ref:1836154)   #2
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Other than the entry list for the Budweiser Shootout I haven't seen any posted for the NCTS, NBS and NNC races yet. We'll probably have to wait until early next week for those.

I'm guessing the usual Buschwhackers will take part in the NBS race though and I also seem to recall reading that Carl Edwards will race in the truck race as well.
Old 8 Feb 2007, 21:58 (Ref:1836759)   #3
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Drivers attempting a triple during Speedweeks:
Carl Edwards - NEXTEL Cup, Busch Series, Craftsman Truck Series
Mike Bliss - NEXTEL Cup, Busch Series, Craftsman Truck Series
Mike Wallace - NEXTEL Cup, Busch Series, Craftsman Truck Series
David Ragan - NEXTEL Cup, Busch Series, ARCA
Old 8 Feb 2007, 22:28 (Ref:1836776)   #4
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Bumped into Mike Bliss in a truckstop in Kingman, AZ, last year en route to Vegas. Nice guy, good luck to him!
Old 8 Feb 2007, 23:21 (Ref:1836846)   #5
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan
Other than the entry list for the Budweiser Shootout I haven't seen any posted for the NCTS, NBS and NNC races yet. We'll probably have to wait until early next week for those.

I'm guessing the usual Buschwhackers will take part in the NBS race though and I also seem to recall reading that Carl Edwards will race in the truck race as well.
Normally the two winners from the twin 125 Bud Shoost out are the first two qualifers for the 500.
Then qualifing for the remaining 42 or so places two days prior to the 500.
Old 9 Feb 2007, 01:32 (Ref:1836900)   #6
chemhead1
Racer

United States
Buying H-doujins in Los Angeles, CA
chemhead1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU N EGL
Normally the two winners from the twin 125 Bud Shoost out are the first two qualifers for the 500.
Then qualifing for the remaining 42 or so places two days prior to the 500.
Actually, unless I missed a major rule change (besides making the 125's into 150's), it's actually the complete opposite:

First, a regular-style Qualifying session takes place with all the cars attempting to make the race. The drivers that qualify P1 and P2 will keep their spot NO MATTER WHAT PLACE THEY FINISH IN THEIR RESPECTIVE 150 DUEL.*

*this goes without saying that in this case, they can opt out of racing in their Duel race, but if anything, the drivers and teams want as much track time as possible.

So the front row is locked in, and then the two 150 races are gridded up by the qualifying session:

The cars that have qualified on the inside/left (odd numbered Qual. positions) will race in one race and their finishing order will determine the inside positions from Row 2 and back. Cars qualified on the outside/right (even numbered Qual. positions) will do another race and their finishing order will determine the outside positions from Row 2 and back.

Also need to mention this, because the regular Qualifying is only mostly setting up the grid for the 150, the Top 35 rule does not come into effect for qualifying. The Top 35 rule DOES, however, apply to the finishing orders of each of the duels: In each race, the highest finishing 4 cars that are outside of the Top 35 in car/owner points will make the race (of course, without this goes without saying how many drivers take Champions provisionals, then I think you take one Below-35 car out in the duel for every previous champion in the same duel.)

As for the Bud Shootout, the Shootout DOES NOT affect the Daytona 500 starting grid nor the 150 Duels starting grids AT ALL. All it does is make for great non-points racing in a, well, shootout. That and drivers can make some extra $$$ while they're at it!

And if I'm completely wrong, someone PLEASE scorn me so I will never do it ag-AH, WHO AM I KIDDING.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazza
Does Dale still run the Oreo's car @ Daytona? I liked the look of that thing...
At Daytona, he might. But as far as I know, in other Busch races he runs, he just decided to run the same Bud livery as his Cup car. Unoriginality for the lose....I actually liked that one #81 Taco Bell car he had (white w/dark purple trim) at Talladega a couple years ago when it was him and Truex Jr. finishing 1-2 in the Busch race when they figured out that they could actually use the 2nd groove when drafting each other to get faster lap times. The only thing I didn't like about the car was the "81" design, which was just Jr.'s 8 and Truex's 1 side by side.

Last edited by chemhead1; 9 Feb 2007 at 01:38.
Old 9 Feb 2007, 19:08 (Ref:1837566)   #7
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
According to SpeedTV.com the final entry list for the Daytona 500 looks to land at no less than 61(!) drivers.
Old 10 Feb 2007, 10:34 (Ref:1837951)   #8
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Crikey!
Old 10 Feb 2007, 11:15 (Ref:1837973)   #9
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Not NASCAR, but Erin Crocker grabbed pole position for the ARCA race.
Old 10 Feb 2007, 21:17 (Ref:1838284)   #10
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
I don't suppose anyone has a link to a MRN radio feed? I do have trackpass access at NASCAR.com, but obviously NASCAR, in their infinite wisdom, haven't made it possible to listen to MRN at will through their site despite NASCAR being the primary reason so many sites out there have removed their MRN streaming...
Old 11 Feb 2007, 14:43 (Ref:1838654)   #11
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A LOT of good car will be going home, the Duels will be very interesting.

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 11 Feb 2007, 19:46 (Ref:1838847)   #12
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
In what order do they qualify? (When are Montoya, Stewart?)
Old 13 Feb 2007, 18:55 (Ref:1840609)   #13
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
any idea what time the duels start (GMT)
Old 14 Feb 2007, 10:55 (Ref:1841112)   #14
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
By my rough calculations it's 7pm GMT, but don't quote me on that, it's on at 4am in my part of the world, which is usually +8GMT but now is +9 with daylight savings. Though I'm not 100% sure it's live.

My problem is this.....our VCR has died I a mate at work offered his one to me till we get a new one (new one being DVD recorder or something.....but not for a while) problem is, is doesn't have long play and it goes for 3 hrs, which is the length of my tape....except it's almost garenteed to go over that time... Pondering weather I should buy a brand spanking one (and VCRs these days are dirt cheap) then keep it myself for when I move out hopefully later in the year.

anyway, that's my crisis

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 14 Feb 2007, 16:10 (Ref:1841401)   #15
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The telecast for the Duels will start at 1:L00pm EST on 2 -15-07.
Old 15 Feb 2007, 00:23 (Ref:1841782)   #16
chemhead1
Racer

United States
Unfortunately for me, the Duels aren't on basic cable this year (last year was TNT I believe), and they're both going to be on Speed Channel.

Quick OT Question: I keep seeing commercials for ESPN covering the Busch Series this year. Will this include the Mexico City and Montreal rounds? Both of the previous races were shown on FOX, and especially since it was an off-week for Cup, the race was on a Sunday (because Lord knows the kiddie's parents will get uppity if their children can't watch their weekly installment of horribly dubbed Japanese cartoons (I've still never forgiven 4Kids for that...) and the parade of commercials for the latest $50 electronic toy that kids just end up throwing away a week later every Saturday morning).
Old 15 Feb 2007, 01:10 (Ref:1841791)   #17
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hey you shut up, Robotech was awsome!

As for the question: Pass.
Old 15 Feb 2007, 03:44 (Ref:1841829)   #18
Racer

Antarctica
FL
2112 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan
I don't suppose anyone has a link to a MRN radio feed? I do have trackpass access at NASCAR.com, but obviously NASCAR, in their infinite wisdom, haven't made it possible to listen to MRN at will through their site despite NASCAR being the primary reason so many sites out there have removed their MRN streaming...
I see that. Maybe a satallite radio issue this year.
I`m not going to go through the whole list, but local stations may stream it.
You can look in this list.
http://www.racingone.com/stations.aspx

Remember that the TVU Player usually carries FOX
Old 15 Feb 2007, 07:20 (Ref:1841891)   #19
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2112
I see that. Maybe a satallite radio issue this year.
I`m not going to go through the whole list, but local stations may stream it.
You can look in this list.
http://www.racingone.com/stations.aspx

Remember that the TVU Player usually carries FOX
Yeah, guess I'll have to do some station-hopping again.

As for the TVU Player, I had completely forgotten about that, but then again, will FOX show anything other than the Cup races this year (which I do get on TV, thankfully)? The trucks are on SpeedTV and the Busch Series is on ESPN/ESPN2, if I'm not mistaken?
Old 15 Feb 2007, 07:26 (Ref:1841896)   #20
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Just noticed the TVU Player carries ESPN/ESPN2 as well, so I should be able to watch the Busch race
Old 15 Feb 2007, 07:36 (Ref:1841901)   #21
chemhead1
Racer

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazza
Hey you shut up, Robotech was awsome!
Well, let's put it like this. If you consider Robotech a "sub-par" dub, I'd hate to see your reaction to some of the newer series being dubbed in English. Good anime gone horribly wrong (2 words: Naruto. Dubbed.)

But getting insanely OT here, come Mexico City and Montreal, it's starting to look like I'll have to go over to a mate's house to watch them on ESPN2. I'm starting to think 2007 will be the year of "Well, the good news is all our races will be on TV. The bad news is, it'll be on 3-4 different networks."

So right now, I have Nextel Cup on FOX, FX, TNT, ABC, and ESPN. Champ Car on CBS, NBC, Speed Channel, ABC, ESPN and Assen will be on ESPN Classic (which we don't have for basic cable) apparently. Then of course F1 being on FOX and Speed Channel here (which Speed being on Digital Cable/Satellite to begin with, this is good) I don't think I'll bother with figuring out Busch right now, my head's just spinning between "Too....many....networks" and "Hmm, I wonder if I should finally get around to watching my RahXephon DVD set...".
Old 15 Feb 2007, 15:11 (Ref:1842223)   #22
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
As I just posted in the spoiler-thread as well: for those in Scandinavia watching the races on Viasat Sport 3, the races will now be shown live at 8pm (20:00) CET. Previously the tv-listing had the two races scheduled to be aired tape-delayed at 11pm.
Old 18 Feb 2007, 13:14 (Ref:1844325)   #23
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking foward to the race, i had to set my record timer on my video (dvd recorder is not working) as ive got to go to school tommorow
Old 18 Feb 2007, 15:52 (Ref:1844400)   #24
bdwoody
Veteran

United Kingdom
redbridge southampton
bdwoody should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what channel is the race on in the uk and when ?
Old 18 Feb 2007, 16:15 (Ref:1844411)   #25
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdwoody
what channel is the race on in the uk and when ?
Check this thread for all details concerning the UK broadcast.