Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

View Poll Results: Which car is World Sportcars racing has the best livery?
Gulf Aston-Lola 36 33.03%
Highcroft Acura 21 19.27%
Matmut Oreca 11 10.09%
Signatur Plus Oreca 1 0.92%
OAK Pesca-Mazda 1 0.92%
SNORAS Spyker 7 6.42%
Flying Lizard Porsche 9 8.26%
Drayson Aston Martin 2 1.83%
I couldn't care less! 5 4.59%
Other 16 14.68%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10 May 2009, 17:37 (Ref:2459393)   #1
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Best liveried sportscar at the moment

I was just wondering which car everyone thinks looks the best in world sportscar racing, for those who care, like me.

Besides, who would like a race full of grey cars? And who doesn't get nostalgic at the site of Gitannes/Gulf/Rothmans/Repsol liveried cars?
Old 10 May 2009, 17:58 (Ref:2459402)   #2
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Its locked at 1-1 between Spyker and Aston Lola atm - gripping stuff, this.
Old 10 May 2009, 17:59 (Ref:2459405)   #3
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cant believe you missed off the Felbermayr Porsche's, ive always had a soft spot for the little blue Porsche's.
Old 10 May 2009, 18:01 (Ref:2459408)   #4
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
Cant believe you missed off the Felbermayr Porsche's, ive always had a soft spot for the little blue Porsche's.
I thought about it, but then I thought that that livery doesn't particularly stand out, even though it looks good.
Old 10 May 2009, 18:03 (Ref:2459409)   #5
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
I thought about it, but then I thought that that livery doesn't particularly stand out, even though it looks good.
Stands out alot more than most on the list.
Old 10 May 2009, 18:06 (Ref:2459412)   #6
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
Stands out alot more than most on the list.
I would disagree - you can't miss the bright pink on the OAKS, the slime-green and blue Acura, etc. compared to the single-colour Felbyhrnyaeufgueg (did i spell that right?) Porsche.
Old 10 May 2009, 18:09 (Ref:2459414)   #7
auOOOOdi
Rookie

United States
auOOOOdi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm partial to the Highcroft ride myself.
Then again, i like their sponsors product too.

Grettings b.t.w.
My 1st post.
Old 10 May 2009, 18:10 (Ref:2459417)   #8
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
Originally Posted by auOOOOdi View Post
I'm partial to the Highcroft ride myself.
Then again, i like their sponsors product too.

Grettings b.t.w.
My 1st post.
Welcome in, my dear freind. I'm quite new here too.
Old 10 May 2009, 18:11 (Ref:2459419)   #9
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
Quote:
compared to the single-colour Felbyhrnyaeufgueg (did i spell that right?) Porsche.
Single Colour?

http://www.automobilesreview.com/upl...hard-lietz.jpg
Old 10 May 2009, 18:15 (Ref:2459422)   #10
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
Two shades of blue isn't exactly the rainbow. But I agree, they do look good in that colour - but I prefer the James Watt Martini like Porsches.
Old 10 May 2009, 18:20 (Ref:2459427)   #11
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Voted for Matmut, very neat look.

I know it's quite historical and all but I have somewhat grown tired of the Gulf colors...plus the dark blue air intake really spoils it on the Aston Lola.
Old 10 May 2009, 18:20 (Ref:2459428)   #12
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
Two shades of blue isn't exactly the rainbow. But I agree, they do look good in that colour - but I prefer the James Watt Martini like Porsches.
Sorry about the tone there no offence intended.
Old 10 May 2009, 18:21 (Ref:2459430)   #13
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
Voted for Matmut, very neat look.

I know it's quite historical and all but I have somewhat grown tired of the Gulf colors...plus the dark blue air intake really spoils it on the Aston Lola.
IMHO it doesn't look too bad.

I would love to see a Repsol-liveried LOLa
Old 10 May 2009, 18:45 (Ref:2459444)   #14
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Im going with Spyker .
Old 10 May 2009, 18:50 (Ref:2459447)   #15
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Im going with Spyker .
yes, but where are all the dutch when you need them
Old 10 May 2009, 19:26 (Ref:2459475)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Gulf Aston for me - simply no contest......
Old 10 May 2009, 19:45 (Ref:2459487)   #17
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I still think that generally LMP and GTs have been more imaginativley painted.
Old 10 May 2009, 19:54 (Ref:2459492)   #18
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Gulf colours on any sports car look great.
Old 10 May 2009, 20:06 (Ref:2459509)   #19
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
I must admit I'm surprised the Acura is even close to the Aston.

IMO, the two are incomparable.
Old 10 May 2009, 20:54 (Ref:2459543)   #20
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I'll second that
Old 10 May 2009, 20:55 (Ref:2459545)   #21
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Gulf colors make any car look great, like Rothmans and Marlboro. I've also liked the Red Bull Porsches.
There's so many others.

The Acura is nice but more so when seen from the front or from above. Good mix of green and black - http://www.racingsportscars.com/phot...03-21-009a.jpg

The new black Corvette looks quite nice as well IMO.
http://www.racingsportscars.com/phot...-03-21-004.jpg
http://www.racingsportscars.com/phot...03-21-004a.jpg
Old 10 May 2009, 23:25 (Ref:2459640)   #22
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
i know it's simple but I was loving both Prospeed GT2 cars at the first FIA GT round, especially the #60 car with its new black wheels: http://www.crash.net/FIA+GT/pictureA...30/photos.html

Advanced Engineering's Argentine Ferrari would also be considered.

Best prototype? Nothing's really inspiring this year so either the Gulf Astons, the Orecas or the Goh Porsche.
Old 10 May 2009, 23:30 (Ref:2459644)   #23
FWX
Racer

FWX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Other.

Farnbacher Loles Porsche and Hankook Ferrari.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/image...2009/15773.jpg

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/image...2009/15962.jpg
Old 11 May 2009, 00:52 (Ref:2459687)   #24
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Got to love those colors on that Spyker!!!
Old 11 May 2009, 01:10 (Ref:2459693)   #25
notguilty
Racer

notguilty should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
you have to add in the KRH/Daishin 430 GT in the SuperGT series to this list