Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 13 Nov 2009, 23:34 (Ref:2581648)   #51
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
Unfortunately they reveal very little detail-wise about the cars........
The Audi appears to be running without louvres on the front bodywork (2010 spec?), unlike the Pug and Acura. Need a pic of the back of the Audi.
Old 14 Nov 2009, 20:31 (Ref:2582026)   #52
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DSC Reporting a pair of DBR9's for Fisher Racing in the GT1 World Championship next year.
Old 14 Nov 2009, 20:51 (Ref:2582039)   #53
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is that Brabs in the ex-Fernadez Acura???
Old 14 Nov 2009, 21:43 (Ref:2582064)   #54
Stefvh
Veteran

Belgium
Stefvh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeap
Old 19 Nov 2009, 11:57 (Ref:2584979)   #55
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
DSC Reporting a pair of DBR9's for Fisher Racing in the GT1 World Championship next year.
Excellent news if it's confirmed!

BTW are we continuing to talk about 2010 FIA GT in this thread or the other one's folks?

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116666

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114791

Just checking so I don't post in the wrong ones!!
Old 19 Nov 2009, 15:16 (Ref:2585132)   #56
JayBMS
Racer

Italy
JayBMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fisher already have one DBR9, and i think have orderd their 2nd
Old 19 Nov 2009, 15:23 (Ref:2585135)   #57
mirkob
Veteran

Italy
Rome
mirkob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What chassis number?

I cant find them HERE
Old 20 Nov 2009, 15:31 (Ref:2585875)   #58
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...tephane-ratel/

3 Canadian circuits are being considered. Mosport was the 4th but has dropped from contention. US round "essential" in 2011 or 2012, partly to help spread the cost of the Canadian round.

It also seems they want to expand beyond 6 manufacturers in 2011, possibly up to 12 manufacturers, which seems odd to me since I thought the original plan was to have 6 manufacturers for a set amount of time, then they reopen the bidding process.
Old 20 Nov 2009, 19:03 (Ref:2585989)   #59
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The359 View Post

3 Canadian circuits are being considered. Mosport was the 4th but has dropped from contention. US round "essential" in 2011 or 2012, partly to help spread the cost of the Canadian round.
Ratel speak... What that means, is we contacted Mosport and they said not interested at the current time.
Old 26 Nov 2009, 10:38 (Ref:2589574)   #60
Mopar
Racer

Mopar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
Ratel speak... What that means, is we contacted Mosport and they said not interested at the current time.
Urmmmmm I hate this where Ratel keeps thinking he can turn Gt1,2,3,4 into an F1 rival. His promotion of the championships are no where near where it needs to be and he relies heavily on the concept that 'named brands are racing in his series' Porsche need FIA GTs, everyone else can at a push find other series to race in with better coverage and packages.
Old 26 Nov 2009, 19:07 (Ref:2589818)   #61
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar View Post
Urmmmmm I hate this where Ratel keeps thinking he can turn Gt1,2,3,4 into an F1 rival. His promotion of the championships are no where near where it needs to be and he relies heavily on the concept that 'named brands are racing in his series' Porsche need FIA GTs, everyone else can at a push find other series to race in with better coverage and packages.
Its almost amusing how everyone except Ratel seems to realise this!
Old 26 Nov 2009, 20:35 (Ref:2589861)   #62
Simon Speichert
Rookie

Simon Speichert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The359 View Post
Calling Ratel's bluff - there is only one circuit that will work, and that's Mont Tremblant. Circuit Gilles Villeneuve is only allowed two race weekends a year, and with F1 coming back and NASCAR/Grand-Am taking the other one, it's out.

There are no other suitable circuits in Canada, unfortunately. In Quebec there's Sanair which is definitely not world championship material, and the city centre airport track IndyCar uses in Edmonton is temporary. There are other small road courses dotting the landscape but none that could handle a world championship round.
Old 26 Nov 2009, 21:25 (Ref:2589897)   #63
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
agree with all your points. if there is another one though, i'm wondering if it's Trois-Rivieres?
Old 26 Nov 2009, 22:33 (Ref:2589928)   #64
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ah, I meant to post that, got distracted by some data analysis and got scooped! Anyway I agree, Trois-Riv is a strong candidate if you accept its temporary nature, because it's always been popular with the locals (and others).

It's a pity that Mosport doesn't want to play ball but it's not a surprise. That said, surely having a full GT1+2+3+4 circus would surely be a much better pitch to a North American racetrack, no? Silly silly. It would have been fun to see an FIA-GT round outside of Belgium actually attract spectators!
Old 26 Nov 2009, 23:23 (Ref:2589947)   #65
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
That said, surely having a full GT1+2+3+4 circus would surely be a much better pitch to a North American racetrack, no?
GT4 people are complaining about racing in Portugal, I think they'd have an heart attack if you told them that one of the races will be in Canada.
I think no promoter would be willing and able to pay transport costs for roughly 110 cars, if the whole GT1-4 package were to race oversees.
Old 26 Nov 2009, 23:44 (Ref:2589953)   #66
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
agree with all your points. if there is another one though, i'm wondering if it's Trois-Rivieres?
Trois-Rivieres is for August 15th weekend, which I believe is a different date than Ratel had suggested, so count that one out.
Old 27 Nov 2009, 11:32 (Ref:2590072)   #67
kingkai
Racer

Netherlands
Amsterdam
kingkai should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rattel keeps this worldGT idea, but it already failled in the end 90's so why work now in this current "economical crisis". I'd rather see a strong GT1/2(/3) field on all the continents and fight each other at races like LM or a 12/24 hour race on the continents themselves for all the interested and with money guys. So a American GT series, a European and a Asian GT series and fight eachother at prestige races as 12h Sebring (begin of the year) 24h Spa(in summer) and 12/24h Suzuka (in the end and another, Dubai in the winter?)
He this with the new global gt idea the big boys era will come back as porsche/mercedes did in the late 90's?.. Don't think so. This new Global GT1/2(3/4) series won't appeal to everyone, not every ones wallet for sure!... Rattel, you want to much!!

Like to see the race on Trois-Rivieres. Can't find any vids of the 2003 alms race (like any 2003 ALMS race epic battle 550-c5r) love to see another GT "street"circuit like race

Last edited by kingkai; 27 Nov 2009 at 11:38.
Old 27 Nov 2009, 16:56 (Ref:2590276)   #68
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
GT4 people are complaining about racing in Portugal, I think they'd have an heart attack if you told them that one of the races will be in Canada.
I think no promoter would be willing and able to pay transport costs for roughly 110 cars, if the whole GT1-4 package were to race oversees.
You make a good point. I should have said GT1-3. GT4 is a bit of a nap anyway, relatively speaking.
Old 27 Nov 2009, 17:28 (Ref:2590289)   #69
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
While we're at it, there would be this one too: http://www.circuiticar.com/home.html
It's built on airport runways with runoff areas that look as extensive as Paul-Ricard. It's a bit short but "20 minutes" from Montreal and even closer to Laval; it could very well be made into a very well-attended success if well promoted, and that would put the facility on the map...

Comparatively, Mont Tremblant is pretty far (almost 2 hours) from Montreal and people don't know how to get there. And Trois-Rivières just doesn't attract that much people from the Montréal area. Even when the ALMS was there, it was still pretty much a smallish non-event (and there was no fun watching prototypes carve their way around this tight street course; a mono-class race would be devoid of overtaking).
Old 27 Nov 2009, 18:04 (Ref:2590311)   #70
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
edit: just rode around iCar-Mirabel on YouTube and it lacks straigths. It's a club track, not suited for GT1s.

I also discovered Calabogie, near Ottawa, and it looks very good; on par with Tremblant or at least fluid enough to make you think you're on a proper European track. But there are no spectator facilities I think
Old 27 Nov 2009, 18:12 (Ref:2590317)   #71
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mind you that Ratel does not want direct manufacturer involvement as he knows that killed it back in the 90's and that is what is so bad in F1.

That is why tuners can enter cars representing that brand, rather than entering as factory team.

RATEL: We’re not looking for direct manufacturer involvement. As Formula One is proving now, manufacturers come and go. Teams are always there. So I rely on teams and I hope brands will develop the cars for teams. I think we have to start with what we have.

(From http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...tephane-ratel/ )
Old 27 Nov 2009, 23:37 (Ref:2590482)   #72
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Bit leftfield here I guess but wasn't a decent street circuit used years ago in Toronto for CART?

I think it may have been altered after a serious accident, but was a reasonable length and maybe something like this could provide the answer for the Canadian round?
Old 28 Nov 2009, 01:34 (Ref:2590537)   #73
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Bit leftfield here I guess but wasn't a decent street circuit used years ago in Toronto for CART?

I think it may have been altered after a serious accident, but was a reasonable length and maybe something like this could provide the answer for the Canadian round?
The street circuit remains the same as it always has, both before and after the accident. July 18th is the Indy date at Toronto, and there isn't a chance in hell that another date would be added. Adding FIA GT to the existing Indy date makes no sense at all for the promoters.
Old 28 Nov 2009, 14:02 (Ref:2590776)   #74
gino
Racer

Germany
Berlin-Brandenburg
gino should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Back to the entrys...

ALL-INKL.COM Münnich Motorsport will run 2 GT1 Lambos next year. They already have 3 drivers yet.

In german:
http://www.speedweekmagazin.com/news...hini-treu.html

So we have:

Maserati:
2x Vitaphone (or maybe 4x)
2x ??

Lambo:
2x ALL-INKL.COM
2x Reiter ??

Aston Martin:
2x Hexis
2x Fischer Racing

Corvette
1x PK
1x SRT
2x ??

Nissan:
2x Swiss Racing
2x ?

Ford:
2x VDS
2x Matech ??

Last edited by gino; 28 Nov 2009 at 14:10.
Old 28 Nov 2009, 14:09 (Ref:2590783)   #75
gino
Racer

Germany
Berlin-Brandenburg
gino should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid