Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 30 Jul 2001, 23:19 (Ref:124071)   #26
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think a big part of Matt's problem stem from his comments in the press, trying to find excuses for the Bathurst crash...."Crompton has it in on us, so he crashed into me..."

Cleland has done a commendable job in these cars before, as did Menu last year. Muller and Plato...arrghhh...

Anyways, welcome aboard Hyla! It's been refreshing of late to see your name pop up in a few of the local publications. I know how hard it is for guys in your position to get anything out of Australia, have a look at Brett Francis. At the FF Festival last year he kicked the arses of the Aussies who came over, made the final, but didn't get a mention back here...

Best of luck of luck with your racing, keep us updated!
Old 5 Aug 2001, 02:18 (Ref:126000)   #27
darren
Rookie

darren should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The person i feel sorry for is paul morris .He let matt drive his new car and matt and goes and crashes it all i can say is matt is a ******** go back to driving your nissan in the uk the v8 are for the men not for boys .Go home and let the real drivers get on with racing confused
Old 5 Aug 2001, 08:51 (Ref:126064)   #28
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Look, Matt has not had a lot of experience in a V8 Supercar, Oran Park is not an easy circuit, especially over the dogleg and into the last corner and it was not a big mistake, just a big finish. If Matt had hit the wall at a different angle it might have been repairable. So don't call Matt a ********, because he isn't, the accident could have happened to anyone, especially on their first visit to the track.
Old 5 Aug 2001, 09:28 (Ref:126069)   #29
Hyla Breese
Rookie

Hyla Breese should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Hi there Crash Test. Yeah you are right. Bloody hard to get anything out of Oz to support us. Mark (Webber) stuggled too and it's only now that he is knocking on the F1 door that the likes of Fosters and Qantas give him the support. Yellow Pages Australia have been with Mark since day one. He's lucky to have them but now they are reaping the rewards. Why can't other Australian companies see this??

Australia likes to have it's hero's and join in when the hero's are up there, but doesn't want to know the struggling up and coming sports people. The Brits are a bit like that too, not like the Brazilians. They have loads of support from their home country and therefore, that's why there are loads of them in F1!

I know Bret from working at Brands Hatch. He's struggled like me. This is my 5th year over here and I've only just managed to get the support and contacts to get racing again.

Back to the Matt thing. Well he isn't a ******** as one have you have said. It may be something so simple why he crashed. He may still be getting used to rear wheel drive with an engine with buckets of torque. He's used to front wheel drive with an engine that revs it's nuts off!

Time will tell, lets just see what he does over a period of time, not just one big incident.

What sort of local coverage have you seen of me Crash Test? I'd be interested to know.
Old 5 Aug 2001, 12:21 (Ref:126114)   #30
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
G'day Hyla, i live in the same city as Crash Test, Brisbane and I've seen absolutley no coverage what so ever; just what's on this site, nothing else at all.

A few people have made the valid point, that most people have overlooked. The consequences of Matt Neal's mistake were huge, one written off car, but the mistake itself was pretty small, he got loose over the dogleg and lost it into the final turn. Very easy to do and lots of people have done it before. If the grass was dry, he probably would have pulled it up on the infield.
Old 6 Aug 2001, 05:42 (Ref:126437)   #31
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hyla, I'm pretty sure I've seen your name mentioned in places like Auto Action and Motorsport News. When I'm feeling a little more upright, i'll try and find them and scan them in for you.
Old 7 Aug 2001, 10:49 (Ref:127052)   #32
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
I found this one, because it was sitting under the computer

It's from the July 6-12 Auto Action
Attached Thumbnails
hyla.jpg  
Old 7 Aug 2001, 17:25 (Ref:127208)   #33
Hyla Breese
Rookie

Hyla Breese should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for that Crash Test. Much appreciated. Pitty they couldn't find a picture to add to it??

If you can let me know if there is anything else it would be good.

Thanks
Old 8 Aug 2001, 01:46 (Ref:127388)   #34
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In the Auto Focus section of Auto Action there was a picture of your car with a caption underneath it,don't have it with me at the moment so can't say what it said.

Hyla, keep up the good work, good to see an aussie doing well over there, it'd be great to see ypu in the BTCC, ETC or FIA Sportscars next year.