Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Dec 2021, 09:32 (Ref:4087872)   #551
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I agree that Max needs to learn a bit more manners and grace, rather than never thinking he's in the wrong. Maybe he needs to get away from Red Bull for that to happen. After all, Vettel is a better person now having moved away from there, where he too was being constantly protected by Horner and Marko, even if it has taken time
Old 9 Dec 2021, 09:35 (Ref:4087875)   #552
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
I think there is a lot of one eyed Lewis- lovers and max/horner is the devil people here. Not surprising on a mainly UK/Ire/Aust English language forum

Max backed off hard coz he wanted lewis to pass before DRS det, Lewis didnt want to pass for same reason and was caught out, couldnt swerve in time, and and made a stuff up by clipping max.
Generally its the responsibility of the following driver to avoid a nose to tail.

How about Lewis constant bleating on the radio, during 1st red flag when the techpro was damaged and track littered with debris and service vehicles? Crying that they should have let us race, because he was disadvantaged, when it was clear it needed to stop? He didnt seem to complain later when the red flag fell in his favour.

Lewis constantly whines and lays blame when things dont go his way "why did you make me stop for tyres? why didnt you stop me sooner, why didnt you tell me? Why are the officials making me? Tell so and so to stop holding me up. My tyres are finished" (Then puts in fastest lap)

Yes hes one of (or the) greatest f1 drivers ever, but he has a chip, and Toto backs him up as he should. But I find his constant why me? its never my fault attitude tiresome. He has even played the race card "they wouldnt have penalised me if I wasnt black"

Max is young aggressive, exciting, lightning fast and willing to do what ever it takes to win. Its 100% or nothing, crash or crash through. All's fair in love, war and f1 when the crown is for the taking. (even pushing the boundary - which will mean its sometimes seen as one step too far) He is not there to be a fashion icon, a cause ambassador, to raise awareness, or change the world. He has one singular cause win world championship. Just like schumi, senna, vettel, jones, hunt before him.

To me thats a World Drivers Champion
We all have our own opinions on these 2 drivers. Many of the points that you listed in praise of Verstappen could easily be attributed to Hamilton as well. However in comparing Verstappen with Schumacher and Senna - I think that many people consider that both of those drivers crossed the line of what is acceptable or not on many occasions - but that really is going over old ground.

And there will be plenty of examples of similar on radio traffic that you dislike about Hamilton coming from the Verstappen camp - and that is without analysing the stuff that Horner and Marko come out with.

The world mostly is polarised between these two. This forum is not twitter, and I hope that despite any specific loyalties that posters may have, that we can see the grey area in-between for both of them.

Anything that distracts us from discussing the Ashes is a good thing.
Old 9 Dec 2021, 10:15 (Ref:4087879)   #553
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I think there is a lot of one eyed Lewis- lovers and max/horner is the devil people here. Not surprising on a mainly UK/Ire/Aust English language forum

Max backed off hard coz he wanted lewis to pass before DRS det, Lewis didnt want to pass for same reason and was caught out, couldnt swerve in time, and and made a stuff up by clipping max.
Generally its the responsibility of the following driver to avoid a nose to tail.

How about Lewis constant bleating on the radio, during 1st red flag when the techpro was damaged and track littered with debris and service vehicles? Crying that they should have let us race, because he was disadvantaged, when it was clear it needed to stop? He didnt seem to complain later when the red flag fell in his favour.

Lewis constantly whines and lays blame when things dont go his way "why did you make me stop for tyres? why didnt you stop me sooner, why didnt you tell me? Why are the officials making me? Tell so and so to stop holding me up. My tyres are finished" (Then puts in fastest lap)

Yes hes one of (or the) greatest f1 drivers ever, but he has a chip, and Toto backs him up as he should. But I find his constant why me? its never my fault attitude tiresome. He has even played the race card "they wouldnt have penalised me if I wasnt black"

Max is young aggressive, exciting, lightning fast and willing to do what ever it takes to win. Its 100% or nothing, crash or crash through. All's fair in love, war and f1 when the crown is for the taking. (even pushing the boundary - which will mean its sometimes seen as one step too far) He is not there to be a fashion icon, a cause ambassador, to raise awareness, or change the world. He has one singular cause win world championship. Just like schumi, senna, vettel, jones, hunt before him.

To me thats a World Drivers Champion
When you start your comment with 'one eyed lewis lovers' followed by 'lewis constant bleating' and lewis constant whining', it doesnt exactly set the rest of your post up to be taken seriously.

Lets face facts here, yes its often the responsibility of the following driver not to make contact, however as noted in the stewards report, when the leading driver, is driving and braking eratically, having already made a mistake, necessitating the need for him to cede position, the lead driver is predominantly to blame.

As for the constant whining and toto backing up.....you clearly havent been listening to the Max/ Horner interviews have you?

You accuse others of being one eyed......i would suggest you take a look in a mirror Most of the comments on this thread are about the actions and words of a driver/ team manager, which have been analysed and penalied. The words from the interviews and downright lies are there for all to see. Thats not being a 'one eyed lewis lover' its being a fan of Formula 1 and the disgust for events that are tarnishing the sport we love.
Old 9 Dec 2021, 10:16 (Ref:4087880)   #554
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
I didn’t start the season wanting to see Red Bull fail. I am an admirer of Hamilton and Mercedes but not blind to the damage their dominance does to interest in the sport (and indeed to my own enjoyment).

Thus, when Red Bull showed up with a car at least as good, Verstappen started driving with maturity to match his flair, and Mercedes began making mistakes, I accepted (enjoyed) that the old master was going to be eclipsed by the young pretender - a story as ancient as sport and welcome.

This changed for me at Silverstone. Red Bull have every reason to be irritated about outcome, but their behaviour was an absolute disgrace. The re-creation, the lies, the utter hypocrisy, were just jaw-dropping.

The final straw for me was Horner piling in to a volunteer marshall. What a low, degrading, piece-of-**** thing to do. At least here Masi finally grew a pair and stamped down hard.

The deflection, lies, hypocrisy and total inability to accept any fault, any mistake of any sort, no matter what this entails, have seen me move from embracing the changing of the guard to actively wanting Horner and Marko to be humiliated.

In the midst of all this my overwhelming feeling for Verstappen is pity. He is a generational talent with an abusive father and zero guidance from team leaders who should know better. The best thing he could do is get out of the poisonous Red Bull environment, but as the only other place to go is Mercedes, he’s trapped. I only hope the damage they do to him isn’t irreparable.
Old 9 Dec 2021, 10:20 (Ref:4087881)   #555
Lola
Veteran

England
Nr Worcester
Lola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
I didn’t start the season wanting to see Red Bull fail. I am an admirer of Hamilton and Mercedes but not blind to the damage their dominance does to interest in the sport (and indeed to my own enjoyment).

Thus, when Red Bull showed up with a car at least as good, Verstappen started driving with maturity to match his flair, and Mercedes began making mistakes, I accepted (enjoyed) that the old master was going to be eclipsed by the young pretender - a story as ancient as sport and welcome.

This changed for me at Silverstone. Red Bull have every reason to be irritated about outcome, but their behaviour was an absolute disgrace. The re-creation, the lies, the utter hypocrisy, were just jaw-dropping.

The final straw for me was Horner piling in to a volunteer marshall. What a low, degrading, piece-of-**** thing to do. At least here Masi finally grew a pair and stamped down hard.

The deflection, lies, hypocrisy and total inability to accept any fault, any mistake of any sort, no matter what this entails, have seen me move from embracing the changing of the guard to actively wanting Horner and Marko to be humiliated. In the midst of all this my overwhelming feeling for Verstappen is pity. He is a generational talent with an abusive father and zero guidance from team leaders who should know better. The best thing he could do is get out of the poisonous Red Bull environment, but as the only other place to go is Mercedes, he’s trapped. I only hope the damage they do to him isn’t irreperable.

Old 9 Dec 2021, 10:29 (Ref:4087883)   #556
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Interesting addition to the Pre Race Notes for Abu Dhabi.....point 29....bascially behave boys otherwise we will deduct points

https://www.fia.com/documents/season...hampionship-14
Old 9 Dec 2021, 10:33 (Ref:4087887)   #557
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
29.4 Article 12.4.5
“For all the FIA Championships, cups, challenges, trophies or series, the stewards may also decide
to impose the following penalties: Suspension for one or more Competitions, withdrawal of points for
the Championship, cup, challenge, trophy, series.”
29.5 Article 12.4.5.a
“Points should not be deducted separately from Drivers and Competitors, save in exceptional
circumstances.”

I think that we ALL hope that it does not come to this.
Old 9 Dec 2021, 10:39 (Ref:4087890)   #558
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
Interesting addition to the Pre Race Notes
Agree - interesting, and sad (but not unexpected) that those additions even had to be made.
Old 9 Dec 2021, 10:44 (Ref:4087891)   #559
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Interesting addition to the Pre Race Notes for Abu Dhabi.....point 29....bascially behave boys otherwise we will deduct points

https://www.fia.com/documents/season...hampionship-14
This is missing a giant big @MaxVerstappen tag in the race directors notes.
Old 9 Dec 2021, 10:45 (Ref:4087892)   #560
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
This is missing a giant big @MaxVerstappen tag in the race directors notes.
I think the direction 'The Competitor shall be responsible for all acts or omissions' could also be @Horner
Old 9 Dec 2021, 10:56 (Ref:4087896)   #561
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I think the direction 'The Competitor shall be responsible for all acts or omissions' could also be @Horner
and @Marko

I cant believe that their comments post the last few races has gone down well with the FIA or Formula 1.

Still, at least its out in the open now, everyone has seen the race directors notes including the media, so if something does happen, noone can complain about the consequences.

Lets just hope its enough of a deterrant and the race is a great, clean one.
Old 9 Dec 2021, 11:20 (Ref:4087901)   #562
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!

Quote:
When you start your comment with 'one eyed lewis lovers' followed by 'lewis constant bleating' and lewis constant whining', it doesnt exactly set the rest of your post up to be taken seriously.

i only ever mean and believe 2 / 3rds of what i say
the rest is to create debate or stir things up

but i will never admit what 3rd it is
Old 9 Dec 2021, 12:55 (Ref:4087916)   #563
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I guess they haven’t accounted for the Perez Torpedo, or even the Bottas Rocket.
Old 9 Dec 2021, 13:03 (Ref:4087918)   #564
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I guess they haven’t accounted for the Perez Torpedo, or even the Bottas Rocket.
Neither christian or toto would be too upset if their #2 had an "unavoidable accident" taking out the other #1 "tragically".
Actually the press release has already been sent out for efficiency'

"we really didnt want to win this way, and will have full frank and open investigation, working with the FIA. And will be having a serious discussion with Chectieri tonight" Said Totian Hornolff.

Old 9 Dec 2021, 13:10 (Ref:4087922)   #565
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
maybe bottas will accidentally take out max

then in some amazing but terrible coincidence a few laps later checco will have a freakish moment and unwittingly take out lulu
f1 is just unpredictable like that!
Old 9 Dec 2021, 13:15 (Ref:4087925)   #566
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Surely you use your number 2 in some sort crash gate maneuver...thats how you create a free stop for your number 1.
Old 9 Dec 2021, 13:18 (Ref:4087927)   #567
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
latest talk from f1 insiders is neither finishes so they end up on equal points, it will be decided by 5 laps around mt panorama bathurst australia in reliant robins.
complete with mario cart banana peels etc
if they dead heat over the line its best of 5 thumb wars
Old 9 Dec 2021, 13:25 (Ref:4087928)   #568
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
latest talk from f1 insiders is neither finishes so they end up on equal points, it will be decided by 5 laps around mt panorama bathurst australia in reliant robins.
complete with mario cart banana peels etc
if they dead heat over the line its best of 5 thumb wars
Maxs driving of late resembles Mario Kart, hes going to seal the championship then....
Old 9 Dec 2021, 13:31 (Ref:4087930)   #569
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
i only ever mean and believe 2 / 3rds of what i say the rest is to create debate or stir things up
TBH, we have enough debate and stirring without it being created just for the sake of it. FB and Twitter are the places for that.
Old 9 Dec 2021, 14:03 (Ref:4087941)   #570
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
TBH, we have enough debate and stirring without it being created just for the sake of it. FB and Twitter are the places for that.
ohhh lighten up
in the end its only sport and entertainment, it doesnt mean anything, its just fun....
at work today we were all talking about it, we are hyped for the weekend, but next week something else will be it

in the real world of covid climate change economic inequality ever present threat of all out war, who cares who can drive a teensy bit faster better or cleaner in a multimillion dollar land spaceship ... and i have been a motor sport tragic for nearly 50 years

im just adding to the entertainment.... at least, im entertaining myself

Last edited by bathurst77; 9 Dec 2021 at 14:11.
Old 9 Dec 2021, 14:06 (Ref:4087942)   #571
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
ohhh lighten up
in the end its only sport and entertainment, it doesnt mean anything, its just fun....
That's fine, and I can be as 'light' as I wish to be thanks. But just remember that this place isn't only for your entertainment.....

Quote:
in the real world of covid climate change economic inequality ever present threat of all out war, who cares who can drive a teensy bit faster better or cleaner in a multimillion dollar land spaceship
I guess many here do, or we wouldn't be posting about it.....
Old 9 Dec 2021, 14:15 (Ref:4087944)   #572
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
That's fine, and I can be as 'light' as I wish to be thanks. But just remember that this place isn't only for your entertainment.....

I guess many here do, or we wouldn't be posting about it.....
i do too, i am in my 50s, watched my 1st race about 10, been addict ever since. but i also now understand that its only a game, not worth a punch up or tear over.
i cheer if my man wins.... swear if he loses.... but get up and go to work the next day (and take the ribbing or bask in the glory for a day - by lunch time its old)
Old 9 Dec 2021, 14:42 (Ref:4087946)   #573
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
i only ever mean and believe 2 / 3rds of what i say
the rest is to create debate or stir things up
Quote:
ohhh lighten up
Understood - if the intent is to provoke and stimulate sensible debate and discussion.
But - I would recommend a quick refresh of FAQs:

Particularly - 'Posting something deliberately inflamatory'
Old 9 Dec 2021, 16:11 (Ref:4087967)   #574
hillickx
Rookie

United States
MD, USA
hillickx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seeing Verstappen dive bomb to over take Lewis and Ocon on the red flag restart, is not the markings of a world champion, IMO.

Doing that kind of move on track with little to no run off, should be best reserved to the final 5 laps or so.
Old 9 Dec 2021, 16:21 (Ref:4087970)   #575
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillickx View Post
Seeing Verstappen dive bomb to over take Lewis and Ocon on the red flag restart, is not the markings of a world champion, IMO.

Doing that kind of move on track with little to no run off, should be best reserved to the final 5 laps or so.
That was the one Max move I was ok with lol. He made it work.