Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 11 Mar 2000, 00:16 (Ref:7948)   #1
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I like that title

shameless plug here..head over to the sportscar forum to read about the support class at Albert park this weekend International supersports..Can Am cars on the GP track...Id love to see that.
Old 11 Mar 2000, 14:58 (Ref:7949)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We get tham at the Coys festival and they also run all over Europe.
Old 11 Mar 2000, 16:06 (Ref:7950)   #3
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Strictly speaking,

We USED to get them at Coys. Until a certain series organiser whose name I shan't repeat wanted too much appearance money, or so I am told.

It's a shame. Although the pre 72s that race at Coys now are great, they're not big, bellowing McLaren M8Fs with all trumpets blazing.

I have a little dream. If the Can-Ams were to come back to Silverstone, wouldn't it be great if they gave one to Our Nige. A big firebreathing M8 would suit his driving style to a tee.

And a Porsche 917/10 for Gerhard, and a Lola T260 for Jody, and a....

Well, I can dream, can't I?
Old 11 Mar 2000, 17:05 (Ref:7951)   #4
Michael M
Racer

Michael M should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Saw the entry list in the sports car forum, and frankly spoken I'm disappointed. I followed this series since the early nineties, then known as Steigenberger Super Cup, when always at least 6 to 8 McLaren M8, plus 1 or 2 M6, participated. Saw last year's race at Zandvoort, with only 3 McL contending, and now there are only 2 left! Also some other big-bangers of the early years seem to withdrawn from this great series, like the 8 ltr BRM of Jost Kalusch. Most of the field today is 2 litres and less, which doesn't give the real kick.
Old 12 Mar 2000, 13:45 (Ref:7952)   #5
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
the race results have now been posted in the sportscar forum
Old 26 Mar 2000, 00:00 (Ref:7953)   #6
Michael M
Racer

Michael M should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This topic is continued in the sports car / GT forum, may be it makes sense to move it to the historic forum?
Old 27 Mar 2000, 00:30 (Ref:7954)   #7
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
the reason i posted this in the sportscar forum is that I was talking about a race that was happening now even though they were historic cars and that is why I posted this in here to so both forums could see what was going on
Old 27 Mar 2000, 23:42 (Ref:7955)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by marcus:
the reason i posted this in the sportscar forum is that I was talking about a race that was happening now even though they were historic cars and that is why I posted this in here to so both forums could see what was going on <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But Marcus. Historic racing happens every weekend.
Old 29 Mar 2000, 15:23 (Ref:7956)   #9
aiwa
Rookie

aiwa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Also some other big-bangers of the early years seem to withdrawn from this great series, like the 8 ltr BRM of Jost Kalusch. Most of the field today is 2 litres and less, which doesn't give the real kick. [/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Michael - the International super Sports Cup as it was called was formed into a limited company so as not to run into legal problems when making contracts with circuit and/or organisers. This company was sold to an interested third party without the general knowledge of all competitors. This caused a great deal of concern and a number of the regular german ISSC competitors have attempted to set-up their own "supersports cup". This is a very poorly supported series with only two or three races per year. They will at sometime when the pride has healed return to the series.