Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 26 May 2009, 20:00 (Ref:2469727)   #1
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Forza 2 Endurance Race Discussion

Ok, im sure I will be able to get some people to join this, one interested person so far, so I have decided to start a thread with a better thread title to attact people in

Anyway, basicaly what we are doing here is a long-ish 1 hour or 2 hour race somewhere on Forza 2.

Now, as far as Tracks go, what do you guys want? I was thinking Road America or Nurburgring. What do you guys think.

Regarding race legnth, if its at the Nurburgring it will be 10 laps, If we go to any other track we can choose wether we want an hour or two hours.

Regarding car choice, it might be easiest to use one of the R classes, unless you guys want to use either PI Limited or Power Limited cars I would however, recomend we use a power limit for a modified road car race, as it tends to even things up more than a PI limit does.

Hows about RWD only and up to 500hp?? TCS, ABS and racing line will be turned off for this. Because we are not wee girls. You will be allowed to pick Auto gears if you wish.

Once we come to a decision, i'l post up a seperate rules thread, or mabey even just post them on here.
Old 26 May 2009, 22:53 (Ref:2469894)   #2
SennaTheGreat
Veteran

England
Grimsby
SennaTheGreat has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Can't be Road America Nicky, as I have not got bought the points to download anything yet, all I am doing is downloading all the free stuff.

Would be up for a race that lasted a hour but not much longer as I hate doing races that last over that, seem to take all day lol.

I'd be up for using R4-R1 class for this, we might aswell showcase some of the le mans stuff. Or we could arrange a race so i can use my "Marlboro" stickered McLaren F1. Thoughts???
Old 26 May 2009, 23:02 (Ref:2469895)   #3
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
jonboy1066 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I could be up for this, not played Forza since Febuary but with my Fanatec wheel coming soon I could be interested in giving Forza another go with FFb this time and it'd be good to do an enduro to put the wheel through it's paces.

A class <500Bhp Rwd would be good for me as it adds scope for all sorts of variety whereas if you go into the R classes you run the danger of the grid being full of all the same leaderboard cars.

Suzuka would be a better choice than the 'Ring as much as I like the ring you run the problem of when the inevitable crash happens, you've then gotta drag a damaged car for up to 10 mins around before you can get it fixed, Not that I'm overly worried as it adds that spice to an enduro but it could be frustrating for others especially if you get rear ended and it's not your fault. And like Senna says Road America could be a problem for those without the DLC

Could be a good chance to break out either my old UKOG Porsche Carrera Cup Car sponsored by Mr Porkies Pork Scratchings, My favorite Futurama Car, or even the Aston I painted, tuned and never raced:

Perry McCarthy
Old 27 May 2009, 07:28 (Ref:2469993)   #4
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Suzuka is a good idea, might go with that.

<500hp RWD seems the way to go.

Any suggestions on race day? Im sending my xbox off for repairs tomorow, so any time after whenever it comes back would be handy
Old 27 May 2009, 11:41 (Ref:2470146)   #5
SennaTheGreat
Veteran

England
Grimsby
Nicky, we might have a problem regards my xbox live, I have only got the 1 month free trial. With me losing my job recently it could be a while before I can be online regular.

But I am definatly up for this
Old 28 May 2009, 19:04 (Ref:2471108)   #6
dan290888
Rookie

England
Kent
dan290888 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
may be up for up this! will keep my eye on it for more details...
Old 29 May 2009, 14:57 (Ref:2471651)   #7
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
So, half a lobby filled up so far then
Old 29 May 2009, 15:02 (Ref:2471653)   #8
Tathrim
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lancaster/Wallingford
Tathrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd be interested, but as jonboy points out, I don't have DLC. My GT is the same as my username.
Old 29 May 2009, 15:13 (Ref:2471660)   #9
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
Tathrim, may I suggest (If you haven't done so already) that you download the free parts of the DLC, that way when you do race you'll be able to see the other participants cars properly.

ie My Futurama Porsche 911 GT3 RS above, is a DLC car and if you haven't dll'd the free cars (Clio and Leon) my car would only apear as a weird green blob on your screen.

Perry McCarthy
Old 29 May 2009, 16:12 (Ref:2471692)   #10
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I might give this a go, it all depends on when though.
Old 30 May 2009, 12:19 (Ref:2472126)   #11
SennaTheGreat
Veteran

England
Grimsby
Regarding the auction house on FM2, can you auction cars you have downloaded but had to pay for? Audi R8 for example?
Old 30 May 2009, 12:41 (Ref:2472135)   #12
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
Yes you can but you can't gift DLC cars

Perry McCarthy
Old 30 May 2009, 17:15 (Ref:2472242)   #13
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
right, so whens the best time to run this for you guys? And what tracks would you like to see run, and after a week or so after this il post up another thread will full rules etc..
Old 30 May 2009, 19:01 (Ref:2472267)   #14
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
For me Evenings from 20:00/20:30 Not Tuesdays, and not any Sundays when the WTCC is on telly.

Tuesdays I'm still running UKOG races with RACE pro and we're doing a WTCC championship which runs parallel with the Real WTCC.

Probs easier for you Nicky to name a date and time and then see who can join in rather than try to please everyone though as you're likely to have loads of different suggestions.

Perry McCarthy
Old 30 May 2009, 19:05 (Ref:2472270)   #15
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't do tuesday or thursday evenings
Old 30 May 2009, 22:47 (Ref:2472348)   #16
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboy1066 View Post
and not any Sundays when the WTCC is on telly.
Why are you watching farcical safety car battering, constant rule modifying and grown man tantrums when you could be having fun?

Old 31 May 2009, 17:45 (Ref:2472799)   #17
Tathrim
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lancaster/Wallingford
Tathrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboy1066 View Post
Tathrim, may I suggest (If you haven't done so already) that you download the free parts of the DLC, that way when you do race you'll be able to see the other participants cars properly.

ie My Futurama Porsche 911 GT3 RS above, is a DLC car and if you haven't dll'd the free cars (Clio and Leon) my car would only apear as a weird green blob on your screen.
Done so already, not a problem.

I can't do Wednesdays or Thurdsays at all, or Mondays before 7.