Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 22 Oct 2012, 00:58 (Ref:3155650)   #51
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My few thoughts:
  • Well done Flash. Consistently the best driver throughout the year.
  • Neate just got a wheel off the kerb in race 2. Unfortunately it caused 3 other cars to crash but you can't demand a ban just for that.
  • Now he's champion (and been in the series for 7 years) can everyone please learn that there's no "o" in Shedden?
  • Brands GP isn't great for BTCC is it. Although the BARC Renault and Clio races were quite good.
Old 22 Oct 2012, 01:06 (Ref:3155652)   #52
BillWiskins
Racer

European Union
Brighton
BillWiskins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, sorry, but I don't see how he was 'out of control'. He was 'in control' enough to bring it round and back off of the wet grass, but loses it back on the tarmac? Either way that was a disastrous piece of 'driving'. [edit: that wasn't directed at you, cos. Just a general thought. You posted while I was typing ]

That (and the appalling weather) aside, this was a great day out, and I only slipped over on the mud once! Well deserved congratulations to Mr Shedden, too.
Old 22 Oct 2012, 07:47 (Ref:3155747)   #53
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Yep, he was in control, the car was going forwards and he wasn't spinning or out of shape at all. Maybe if he had not been flooring the throttle, he wouldn't have lost control when he rejoined. Perhaps I need to remind the stewards (and Neate) that its the car re-joining the track that has to give way to cars still on it. You can't just floor the throttle and rejoin at will.
Old 22 Oct 2012, 08:17 (Ref:3155757)   #54
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
I'm delighted.

Sheddon deserved the title. He has been quick all season. He has driven very cleanly. Unlike the other two title protagonists. Brilliant for him.

It was also great to see two new race winners in Smith and Wrathall. I'm particularly pleased for Wrathall, becuase they were one of the very first teams to have the balls to go down the NGTC route, and after developing the car from a troublesome off-the-pace monster into a race winning car over the course of two seasons, they thoroughly deserve their time in the limelight.

It's a shame to see Neate causing so much damage. Most the rest of the weekend, the driving standards were much better.
Old 22 Oct 2012, 09:54 (Ref:3155801)   #55
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cos View Post
[*]Now he's champion (and been in the series for 7 years) can everyone please learn that there's no "o" in Shedden?
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post

Sheddon
Old 22 Oct 2012, 15:56 (Ref:3155926)   #56
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Yep, he was in control, the car was going forwards and he wasn't spinning or out of shape at all. Maybe if he had not been flooring the throttle, he wouldn't have lost control when he rejoined. Perhaps I need to remind the stewards (and Neate) that its the car re-joining the track that has to give way to cars still on it. You can't just floor the throttle and rejoin at will.
A very good summary, I have heard the speedworks car is a right off and substantial damage on the Civic, really feel for this drivers who are running on such a shoestring budget.
Old 22 Oct 2012, 16:30 (Ref:3155934)   #57
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Whats the deal regarding the catch fencing around the GP loop section? Is it as high as the Indy track?

I seem to recall when I last walked around that loop in around 1998 - 1999 there was little to no catch fencing at all, just a waist-high "cattle field" style fence with a few wires horizontally placed...

Are there any sections of the Indy track now with low(er) fencing?
Old 22 Oct 2012, 17:05 (Ref:3155949)   #58
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Infield at the Druids apex down towards Graham Hill.

Small section after the vehicle bridge towards Clearways where the GP loop rejoins the Indy circuit.
Old 22 Oct 2012, 19:30 (Ref:3156009)   #59
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Whats the deal regarding the catch fencing around the GP loop section? Is it as high as the Indy track?

I seem to recall when I last walked around that loop in around 1998 - 1999 there was little to no catch fencing at all, just a waist-high "cattle field" style fence with a few wires horizontally placed...

I haven't been out on the GP loop for a good couple of years, but I guess the catch fencing went in after the big Seat Leon shunt in 2010- there was still certainly a fair bit of waist-height fence at the time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nsca3UqysrI
Old 22 Oct 2012, 19:38 (Ref:3156015)   #60
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Last time I went out on the GP circuit in 2011 it was still mostly low wire barrier fence rather than 9 foot debris fence. AFAIK it was the DTM & FIA that mandated higher stuff on bits of the Indy circuit.
Old 22 Oct 2012, 20:00 (Ref:3156027)   #61
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Yep, the fences were certainly a lot lower back in 1999 when I took my camcorder to the BTCC, as this video will show...

I take it there is now catch fencing on the inside of Druids on the approach?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z19TDXGmPsk
Old 22 Oct 2012, 22:24 (Ref:3156102)   #62
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Wow. Induction noise.

None of this fart in a tin can turbo nonsense.
Old 22 Oct 2012, 22:41 (Ref:3156116)   #63
yesnomaybe
Racer

yesnomaybe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
gp loop has practically no tall fences, only one i can think off is on the exit/inside of hawthorns which isn't a prime spot for photography anyways

these pics were taken with an old camera from the spectator areas
http://www.flickr.com/photos/coletri...7631830026256/

very pleased for Shedden, very worthy champion
Old 23 Oct 2012, 00:45 (Ref:3156162)   #64
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sadly, Adam Morgan has said hes going to struggle to fund next season now. Someone from Pirtek was arrested last night and Chris James is back to his Twitter fun via the teams official account https://twitter.com/TeamESRacing
Old 23 Oct 2012, 08:45 (Ref:3156331)   #65
W.A Trichlorostyrene
Veteran

W.A Trichlorostyrene should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Sadly, Adam Morgan has said hes going to struggle to fund next season now.
He's had a very tough year, to be honest. Some decent midfield pace, but I've rarely seen a driver attracted to trouble so much. None of his incidents were as blatent or spectacular as the ones caused by the likes of James or Neate, so he pretty much managed to fly off the critics' radar all season long. However, any time he got anywhere near the front, it seemed to be just a matter of time until he went off or hit something. "Lowlight" being probably going off from the race 3 lead at Rockingham, only several corners after the start.

Granted, he was often the victim, too. Midfield is a dangerous place to be in the BTCC. "Lowlights" being his very first race - knocked in the tyre barrier at Brands Indy race 1 start - and his last - Brands GP race 2, where he was forced into the grass at turn 2 pile-up, then taken out by a careless Andy Neate several laps later.

In the end, a 19th place overall. He only beats Chris James among the drivers who raced the whole season. Even Olie Jackson beats him in the underpowered Golf, after missing Knockhill. Same for Tony Gilham, although his second season half was basically a write off. And to be honest, Adam can be happy that the bizarre new point system reward full season entries so much. With the 2011 system, he would have scored 7 points, while Paul O'Neil would have scored 18, in only 2 outings in the sister car.
Old 23 Oct 2012, 13:18 (Ref:3156486)   #66
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Wow. Induction noise.

None of this fart in a tin can turbo nonsense.
Believe it or not, that was the sole aim of taking the video, I wanted to stand in places where I could capture the growling induction noise of the cars, hence most of the shots are facing the front of the cars.
Old 24 Oct 2012, 18:03 (Ref:3157112)   #67
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Hmm....Andy Neate, Brands Hatch GP circuit. Unsafe rejoin?! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1t9oBfl6lo
Old 24 Oct 2012, 23:03 (Ref:3157247)   #68
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Hmm....Andy Neate, Brands Hatch GP circuit. Unsafe rejoin?! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1t9oBfl6lo
I'm astounded at the lack of situational awareness.
Old 25 Oct 2012, 09:39 (Ref:3157375)   #69
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Given Neates history you'd expect him to be one of the most considerate drivers regarding rejoing and avoiding contact generally - apparently though he believes lightning won't strike twice and doesn't give two hoots about the other drivers.
Old 25 Oct 2012, 14:14 (Ref:3157492)   #70
BillWiskins
Racer

European Union
Brighton
BillWiskins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Given Neates history you'd expect him to be one of the most considerate drivers regarding rejoing and avoiding contact generally - apparently though he believes lightning won't strike twice and doesn't give two hoots about the other drivers.
That.
I've seen people kicked from online simracing for less. Oh well, I suppose the final decision has been made now.
Old 25 Oct 2012, 23:20 (Ref:3157730)   #71
simmo151
Rookie

England
Cheltenham
simmo151 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Sadly, Adam Morgan has said hes going to struggle to fund next season now. Someone from Pirtek was arrested last night and Chris James is back to his Twitter fun via the teams official account https://twitter.com/TeamESRacing
anyone know why?
Old 26 Oct 2012, 07:45 (Ref:3157847)   #72
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmo151 View Post
anyone know why?
It could be the fact that his car was written off in the Brands GP event.
Old 28 Oct 2012, 20:43 (Ref:3159184)   #73
simmo151
Rookie

England
Cheltenham
simmo151 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It could be the fact that his car was written off in the Brands GP event.
Oh meant the thing about Pirtek and the police.. my bad!
Old 29 Oct 2012, 09:14 (Ref:3159407)   #74
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmo151 View Post
Oh meant the thing about Pirtek and the police.. my bad!
Someone probably had a couple of shandies too many.
Old 30 Oct 2012, 19:49 (Ref:3160273)   #75
Spanner monkey
Racer

England
Norwich
Spanner monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was told it they were called due to a domestic between a bloke & his miss's and that their were no arrests after his friends carried him of to his r

oom to drunk to walk !