Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Closed Thread

Old 11 May 2003, 22:11 (Ref:596390)   #151
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love watching him at the Goodwood Revival meeting every year, getting wasted by everyone from old men to kids. He thinks he's a hell of a lot better than he really is.
Old 11 May 2003, 22:14 (Ref:596393)   #152
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Damon
I love watching him at the Goodwood Revival meeting every year, getting wasted by everyone from old men to kids. He thinks he's a hell of a lot better than he really is.
When I think of Tiff, the first thing I think of is when he wiped out my hero (Noige) in the TOCA shoot-out in '93. He has never been forgiven.

PS: Are you going to the Revival this year Damon?

Last edited by Spudgun; 11 May 2003 at 22:16.
Old 11 May 2003, 22:23 (Ref:596400)   #153
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if my obvious deep seated resentment towards Tiff is still linked to that '93 toca incident?

Yeah, I hope to be at the Revival as a fully fledged spectator. I'll also be at the Festival in July but only in my capacity as a TSF1.com employee. So if you're are going to that one, go and say hi to the 20 year old in the model section suffering from terrible hay fever!

Last edited by Damon; 11 May 2003 at 22:24.
Old 11 May 2003, 23:52 (Ref:596458)   #154
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's just the best programme on TV, isn't it??

(I know I'm repetitive, so put on a suitably mimsy voice) In Evo, they reviewed the Bowler months ago and said it was the best thing since sliced cheese. HOWEVER, having now seen it MOVE, I want one. When I win the lottery, it's in the garage. And then I'm going to race it accross the Sahara. In fact, if you go to the Road Car Forum now () we've got a topic going on that, as it happens. But what car do I DROP to make room for the Bowler?? Hmm...
Old 11 May 2003, 23:59 (Ref:596465)   #155
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Damon
I wonder if my obvious deep seated resentment towards Tiff is still linked to that '93 toca incident?

Yeah, I hope to be at the Revival as a fully fledged spectator. I'll also be at the Festival in July but only in my capacity as a TSF1.com employee. So if you're are going to that one, go and say hi to the 20 year old in the model section suffering from terrible hay fever!
When you get back from the revival, you need to tell me about it so i can convince my dad that we really must go.
TSF1.com. I'll try and remember that.
Old 12 May 2003, 11:22 (Ref:596770)   #156
Irv the Swerve
Veteran

Irv the Swerve should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i really liked that land rover racer thing they had on and it was good to see Murray Walker on telly.

Who is The Stig?
Is it Perry McCarthy? or is it Swedish Rally and Rallycross legend STIG Blomquist?
Hmmmm.

don't analyse my spelling. Thanks.
Old 12 May 2003, 11:52 (Ref:596801)   #157
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He's entirely the wrong shape to be Stig Blomqvist. And he doesn't go offroad/sideways enough. Except in the Bowler...

I reckon it's Damon Hill. Talking of Damon, I love your assertion that the Stig has more character than Tiffany. Seeing as he always wears his visor down and never speaks, that rocks!
Old 12 May 2003, 12:21 (Ref:596831)   #158
Teletubby
Veteran

England
Hampshire
Teletubby should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTeletubby should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think as a show it works well, Richard Hammond seems to gel with Clarkson. Agree though, the other guy was a bit of a prat!
Old 12 May 2003, 12:53 (Ref:596874)   #159
spanner
Veteran

United Kingdom
Mid Beds, "The UK's rubbish dump"
spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I swear it was like watching two Jeremy Clarksons? I do think he should go. Loved the Bowler piece, 'I am a driving god ', i laughed so hard. I'm glad its back tho, if it is Perry, should he not get the respect he deserves now. Well i have just read his book.
Old 12 May 2003, 14:42 (Ref:596981)   #160
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When confronted by the Daily Mirror, Perry's reply was (and I quote) "I do know who the Stig is, but I can't comment further". He might as well have had a big flashing badge saying "yes it is me".....
Old 12 May 2003, 16:39 (Ref:597101)   #161
Sim_Da_BTCC_Man
Veteran

Sim_Da_BTCC_Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by garcon
I reckon it's Damon Hill. Talking of Damon, I love your assertion that the Stig has more character than Tiffany. Seeing as he always wears his visor down and never speaks, that rocks!
Lets not get into this again, but wouldn't Damon Hill have a hell of a job fitting all his hair in that helmet without it comming out the back?
Old 12 May 2003, 16:48 (Ref:597110)   #162
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes, The Stig is Perry McCarthy, I think we decided on that in this thread http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...ighlight=perry
Old 12 May 2003, 17:54 (Ref:597174)   #163
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Interestingly the credits said Predented by JC, etc:
with The Stig

Can't remember that last year. See, he is getting more credit!
Old 12 May 2003, 17:57 (Ref:597177)   #164
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I enjoy the new top gear. But you have to veiw it as a light entertainment show and not as an informative motoring programme.
Old 12 May 2003, 19:30 (Ref:597291)   #165
Sim_Da_BTCC_Man
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Mal
But you have to veiw it as a light entertainment show and not as an informative motoring programme.
Thats the beauty of it though. It makes it more appealing to those who dont normally watch car programs.
Old 13 May 2003, 05:59 (Ref:597610)   #166
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Sim_Da_BTCC_Man
Thats the beauty of it though. It makes it more appealing to those who dont normally watch car programs.
Exactly. My wife will actually sit and watch it with me. Thats unheard of with any other car programme!
Old 29 May 2003, 19:28 (Ref:614015)   #167
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Did anyone see Autosport today, while it turns out that Perry McCarthy might not be The Stig..........

They report that the Top Gear have entered a 2CV into the 24 hour race in a couple off weeks and the driving team will be lead by - The Stig - but the 2CV is the same weekend as Le Mans and Perry will be driving for Audi in France,interesting...........
Old 29 May 2003, 19:29 (Ref:614018)   #168
Sim_Da_BTCC_Man
Veteran

Oh god rd' u'll start something
Old 29 May 2003, 21:05 (Ref:614092)   #169
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
I have been reliably informed that he isnt the Stig. Someone French is. Now a few of us actually think it could be Alain Menu (yes, I know he's Suisse, but doesnt he have a French licence or something). Also Stig isnt that tall, so dont know if that helps?
Old 29 May 2003, 21:07 (Ref:614094)   #170
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
just checked the other thread where the Nick Minassian keeps cropping up. I think we may have found our stig!
Old 29 May 2003, 21:13 (Ref:614099)   #171
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
just read the whole of the thread. I'm 99% sure its not Perry. sorry as I would love it to be.
Old 29 May 2003, 21:19 (Ref:614106)   #172
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally posted by andy_b
just read the whole of the thread. I'm 99% sure its not Perry. sorry as I would love it to be.
Yes, but didn't the papers unmask him early this year - maybe Perry was the Stig in Series 1 and it someone else on Series 2.........
Old 29 May 2003, 21:20 (Ref:614109)   #173
Sim_Da_BTCC_Man
Veteran

RJD I told you you'd start something
Old 29 May 2003, 21:24 (Ref:614115)   #174
Sim_Da_BTCC_Man
Veteran

...But i've always had my money on Nick Minassian. (I nearly said I've always had my monkey on...)
Old 29 May 2003, 21:25 (Ref:614118)   #175
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
well when I asked a few people they said he wasnt British. This was last year and before the Sunday Mirror so called exposed Perry. I was also told seperatly by someone at the BBC that he was french driver he had never heard of....then someone else mentioned Top Gear mag saying he was French. Didnt think of Nick Minassian for one minute until I read the other thread

I will ask someone who knows Pel and see if he can shed any light