Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Dec 2017, 23:00 (Ref:3785737)   #926
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by loon View Post
Williams test a bunch of slow drivers then can't fathom out who to sign up!!
They need to be slower than Lance Flatspot Stroll...maybe they're all too quick?
Old 7 Dec 2017, 23:07 (Ref:3785739)   #927
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
They’d have to work hard to find someone who could be behind ALL of the time.
Old 8 Dec 2017, 07:13 (Ref:3785777)   #928
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Chunt - Di Resta underperformed for 3 yeas, not 2. And not alongside Huelkenburg for more than 1.
Memory fading with age lol!
Old 8 Dec 2017, 16:47 (Ref:3785877)   #929
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graz View Post
Rosenqvist is a great shout. He's going to be on the "Lost F1 talent" list I fear.
Well if qualy pace is part of the issue..
https://youtu.be/Y_FV9HA1v3k

But I think you're right sadly.
Old 8 Dec 2017, 23:04 (Ref:3785943)   #930
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
How embarrassing...

https://www.motorsportweek.com/news/id/16477
Old 9 Dec 2017, 01:18 (Ref:3785952)   #931
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I do wish Williams would just get on an announce something and put everyone out of their misery.
Old 9 Dec 2017, 02:14 (Ref:3785959)   #932
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
Well if qualy pace is part of the issue..
https://youtu.be/Y_FV9HA1v3k

But I think you're right sadly.
Bet Lance "Flatspot" Stroll ( thanks Graz!) would be very happy to have Rosenquvist as a team mate.

When somebody with Rosenquvist's skills can't force his way into F1 on talent alone, there is something very wrong with the formula.
Old 9 Dec 2017, 07:50 (Ref:3785974)   #933
loon
Racer

loon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridloon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just compare the management of Williams with that of Force India
Old 9 Dec 2017, 07:54 (Ref:3785975)   #934
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
They’d have to work hard to find someone who could be behind ALL of the time.
Pastor Pastor come on down....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 9 Dec 2017, 10:07 (Ref:3785989)   #935
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I hate the fact this one is running and running too. What are they waiting for?
Old 9 Dec 2017, 12:40 (Ref:3786000)   #936
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
According to Autosport they are waiting to analyse the test data with Kubica. That was all it said, it didn't say review what.

I suppose in some ways there is no massive rush. So they are just waiting for everyone to get together. Maybe the staff have holidays after the long season? Just guessing.
Old 10 Dec 2017, 01:18 (Ref:3786090)   #937
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Come back Felipe, all is forgiven.
Old 11 Dec 2017, 08:47 (Ref:3786236)   #938
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Memory fading with age lol!
😁 clearly!!!
Old 11 Dec 2017, 18:06 (Ref:3786336)   #939
Nikki Katz
Racer

Nikki Katz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Autosport are saying now that sirotkin most likely has the seat. That’s got to be the worst lineup in f1 for the year if it happens.
Old 11 Dec 2017, 18:35 (Ref:3786341)   #940
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Why don’t they just admit. By performance they mean financial...
Old 11 Dec 2017, 20:33 (Ref:3786365)   #941
loon
Racer

loon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridloon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
how is it that a team like Williams need two pay drivers?
Old 11 Dec 2017, 21:50 (Ref:3786400)   #942
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki Katz View Post
Autosport are saying now that sirotkin most likely has the seat. That’s got to be the worst lineup in f1 for the year if it happens.
Story Here

Mr Sirotkin or Mr Kyvat?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 11 Dec 2017, 22:05 (Ref:3786401)   #943
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Kyvat could be a sensation at Williams, surely nobody can doubt his pace, imagine what an arm around the shoulder could do rather than having Marko chipping away at his confidence.
Old 11 Dec 2017, 23:11 (Ref:3786413)   #944
greentrumpet
Racer

greentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgreentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kvyat is clearly too fast
Old 11 Dec 2017, 23:17 (Ref:3786414)   #945
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
That's such a disappointment. Especially considering Wehrlein is available and the quickest of the lot of them.
Old 12 Dec 2017, 03:15 (Ref:3786449)   #946
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
That's such a disappointment. Especially considering Wehrlein is available and the quickest of the lot of them.
Rosenquvist is still the one who should be given an opportunity, he clearly lacks the "qualification" for a Williams seat, he is the clearly the fastest and most accomplished driver out of F1 at present.

https://www.autosport.com/indycar/ne...-test-flawless

He is a class act, and if you are seriously pursuing F1 success, he would have to be considered. What is wrong with him? Purely money?
Old 12 Dec 2017, 05:55 (Ref:3786468)   #947
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Story Here

Mr Sirotkin or Mr Kyvat?

I think Kubica may have shot himself in the foot. Sirotkin benefitted from the changes Kubica made to the car during the Abu Dhabi test. The car was better when Sirotkin jumped in it on the Wednesday morning.

"Kubica wanted to make changes to the car but the team insisted on keeping it as it was on the day. For Wednesday they made the changes he requested – and it’s felt that Sergey Sirotkin benefitted from these changes when he made his long runs in the morning. One of these runs averaged out slightly quicker than Kubica’s. But how much of that came from the set-up changes? Though Kubica had averaged quicker than Massa, Sirotkin averaged quicker than both. Was that just more favourable circumstances or real?"

Read the full details on the Williams Abu Dhabi test HERE, posted about a week ago.
Old 12 Dec 2017, 06:05 (Ref:3786470)   #948
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
If Sirotkin get's the drive over Kubica, that's the end for Williams as one of the all time favourite's of mine. They were only just on my list for 2017. And if the above happens, they're off. Lost a lot of respect I had for them in the last few years.

Had hopes of a Williams resurgence in 2014, even though they had signed that useless Massa. Was hoping Bottas was going to be the next Hakkinen. But they both were useless and let the team down. And the team went backwards from there on.
Old 12 Dec 2017, 08:28 (Ref:3786493)   #949
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Money talks. Williams are a shadow of a once great team. Frank has no input to who drives either. Very sad. Clearly Kubica had race pace and would have worked out the softer tyres. The fact Kubica was able to change the car and make it better should not be lost either. Would Sirotkin have worked out these changes? Mother Russia needs a driver in F1 too, wonder what influence is being put on Williams here too....

If Sorotkin was any good, he'd be in F1 already, he's around long enough. And was Kubica not quicker than him in his first Renault test?

Williams RIP.
Old 12 Dec 2017, 10:46 (Ref:3786508)   #950
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graz View Post
Money talks. Williams are a shadow of a once great team. Frank has no input to who drives either. Very sad. Clearly Kubica had race pace and would have worked out the softer tyres. The fact Kubica was able to change the car and make it better should not be lost either. Would Sirotkin have worked out these changes? Mother Russia needs a driver in F1 too, wonder what influence is being put on Williams here too....

If Sorotkin was any good, he'd be in F1 already, he's around long enough. And was Kubica not quicker than him in his first Renault test?

Williams RIP.
That logic doesn't stop people calling for Rosenqvist