Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 21 Feb 2004, 10:54 (Ref:881259)   #51
Monaro
Racer

Australia
Bathurst
Monaro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Sumbody!! Ennybody!!

Quote:
Originally posted by 275 GTB-4
Puulleezee tell me that they have bulldozed those god-awful ablution blocks and putting modern ones up for the long suffering campers (lots of un-happy campers have not returned and vowed never to return!!
Sorry the bulldozers missed.They are looking after Teams,Media and Corporates.Fans and campers are last on the list.Maybe next year
Old 21 Feb 2004, 10:56 (Ref:881261)   #52
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nah, they will continue to cater to the people who can afford $400 a night to stay in a Bathurst motel or serviced apartment....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 21 Feb 2004, 11:02 (Ref:881264)   #53
Monaro
Racer

Australia
Bathurst
Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
Nah, they will continue to cater to the people who can afford $400 a night to stay in a Bathurst motel or serviced apartment....
At this stage it wont be a serviced apartment at the Mt.No work has started on them yet.
Old 21 Feb 2004, 11:06 (Ref:881271)   #54
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They had want to hurry up.... doesnt CAMS have to give whatever it is that is finally built the once-over... and given that the circuit is FIA-accredited also, that someone from foreign parts must also be happy with the work?

The changes to the pit entry and pit road would required this level of inspection I would have thought....
Old 21 Feb 2004, 11:11 (Ref:881274)   #55
Monaro
Racer

Australia
Bathurst
Quote:
They had want to hurry up.... doesnt CAMS have to give whatever it is that is finally built the once-over... and given that the circuit is FIA-accredited also, that someone from foreign parts must also be happy with the work?

The changes to the pit entry and pit road would required this level of inspection I would have thought....
A hurry up is a understatement.Work on the pits may start mid to late March No word when the apartments will be started.
Old 21 Feb 2004, 11:13 (Ref:881275)   #56
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Oh goody, lets start the works as we drift into a winter season.... rain rain go away, Bathurst contractors want to play....
Old 21 Feb 2004, 11:18 (Ref:881276)   #57
Monaro
Racer

Australia
Bathurst
Quote:
Oh goody, lets start the works as we drift into a winter season.... rain rain go away, Bathurst contractors want to play....
Actually contractors haven't been decided on as of a week ago.According to a radio report they expect to pick a contractor and have them start by mid to late March.
Old 21 Feb 2004, 11:19 (Ref:881278)   #58
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Here's hoping the tents they are using at Wakefield Park this weekend for the Konica teams are available for hire the Bathurst weekend. Or both weekends. It seems they will need them!
Old 21 Feb 2004, 11:23 (Ref:881280)   #59
Monaro
Racer

Australia
Bathurst
Quote:
Here's hoping the tents they are using at Wakefield Park this weekend for the Konica teams are available for hire the Bathurst weekend. Or both weekends. It seems they will need them!
mtpanorama and myself will be at Wakefield tomorrow maybe we can bring the tents home just in case
Old 21 Feb 2004, 11:24 (Ref:881282)   #60
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
You probably should
Old 24 Feb 2004, 08:57 (Ref:883700)   #61
Monaro
Racer

Australia
Bathurst
In todays local paper it stated Bathurst council was expecting a reply from Mr Howard on the 10mil for upgrading spectator facilities.If money was not granted then council would only have funds to build the pits.Council also expected to choose contractors for the pits shortly.As a precaution they have left the old media centre and tower in case they run out of time.
Old 24 Feb 2004, 09:30 (Ref:883726)   #62
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hear the money is not forthcoming, at least this year.
Old 24 Feb 2004, 11:48 (Ref:883869)   #63
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Goody Goody... how many tents did you and mtpanorama fit in your trailer for the trip back??
Old 24 Feb 2004, 12:13 (Ref:883905)   #64
Forbesy
Racer

Forbesy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a monumental stuffup it would be if they weren't built in time. TC thought he had issues with the old pits, try running the biggest race in the country with no pits. Does anyone know how long building will take?

Last edited by Forbesy; 24 Feb 2004 at 12:14.
Old 24 Feb 2004, 12:15 (Ref:883910)   #65
vortexo
Veteran

vortexo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gives new meaning to Murph's * Gee is that a tent*
Old 24 Feb 2004, 12:23 (Ref:883923)   #66
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Forbesy
Does anyone know how long building will take?
Put it this way: if you buy tickets to this year's race, you can write your own name in the concrete....
Old 26 Feb 2004, 09:23 (Ref:885978)   #67
Monaro
Racer

Australia
Bathurst
Quote:
Originally posted by pete55
I hear the money is not forthcoming, at least this year.
The local rag today stated council will not have a answer till Monday. At this rate China will be a better bet than Bathurst.
Old 26 Feb 2004, 09:27 (Ref:885987)   #68
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Is that part of TC's plan? To lose Bathurst off the calendar? Odder things have happened....
Old 26 Feb 2004, 09:53 (Ref:886013)   #69
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He wouldn't be game to do that. People only watch the rest of the year as a warm up to Bathurst.
Old 26 Feb 2004, 09:56 (Ref:886017)   #70
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
People who have a sense of history do that pete, but dont forget TC reckons motorsport didnt start in Australia before 1993
Old 26 Feb 2004, 14:34 (Ref:886322)   #71
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh come on guys, there is no way Bathurst will be off. Avesco banter, fluff & bu**$#!t about points, conditions, fans, etc etc etc every year, I can tell you now that Bathurst will be on every year. Although everyone has stated that it must be upgraded, when have they ever threatened not to run there because of the conditions.
Old 26 Feb 2004, 19:16 (Ref:886582)   #72
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
If you have no ipit garages, running a race meeting involving pitstops over a 1000km distance might just be slightly difficult!
Old 26 Feb 2004, 22:43 (Ref:886796)   #73
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good point, but there is a long time to go till bathurst, surely sanity will prevail & they will all get it together.
Old 27 Feb 2004, 03:46 (Ref:886956)   #74
stoned pony
Veteran

Vanuatu
Chained to my desk
stoned pony should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey, TC can run the B1000 as a rallycross event this year!
"Round the track on the smooth stuff and throuogh pit lane over the bumps and lumps,guys."
Hmmm...might have to change the spring and damper rates and the ride heights though.
Old 27 Feb 2004, 04:29 (Ref:886967)   #75
brno86
Rookie

brno86 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ron Dickson & the late Mike Burgmann had grand visions for the complex for the 87 round & beyond, poor Mike didn't get to see it. In the old days when the ARDC had control you had to be a member to get a paddock pass to get over the bridge.Now they are a dime a dozen. If the pits are ever built to the new it will take the magic away for so many people to see the cars worked upon. Any Bathurst virgins get a buzz out of that.
Closed Thread