Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 23 Jun 2018, 07:40 (Ref:3832611)   #2351
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
And to top it off, I've been occasionally listening back to the RLM podcasts of old 24h and 12h races from LM, Nurburgring, Daytona, Bathurst, Sebring etc.

I have NEVER listened to the Le Mans 2013 recordings in full again.
Old 23 Jun 2018, 08:55 (Ref:3832619)   #2352
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I remember seeing it on TV and thinking it was not a big crash and would be ok. Then when I turned back on to Eurosport during the night, I heard the news and was shocked
Old 23 Jun 2018, 10:34 (Ref:3832640)   #2353
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think that was the hard thing. It hadn't seemed like a big accident and we expected him to walk away from it.....
Old 23 Jun 2018, 12:18 (Ref:3832648)   #2354
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I remember that RLM actually said that he was conscious after the accident, which indicated that things where fine in the first place.
But hearing the announcement was just a total of disbelief of what happened, but was struck me the most was the half mast Dannebrog (danish flag) all night and the podium ceremony with Tom Kristensens last victory, which he originally would have dedicated to his recently past away father, but instead dedicated to Allan.
The muted celebration at that ceremony said it all for me.

After this, I made my signature, and it will remain so as long as I'm a member here.
Old 23 Jun 2018, 12:20 (Ref:3832649)   #2355
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I seem to remember the Eurosport commentators saying the same thing and it seemed to be that he was only going to the medical centre for a check up. Huge shock indeed
Old 24 Jun 2018, 08:26 (Ref:3832798)   #2356
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I think that was the hard thing. It hadn't seemed like a big accident and we expected him to walk away from it.....
Yep, seemed quite innocuous at the time. I remember us settling back down enjoying the race, until Christopher wandered across to where we were sitting and broke the news. Very, very shocked...
Old 9 Sep 2018, 11:13 (Ref:3849016)   #2357
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Apropos of nothing in particular", I have just returned from an extensive motoring tour around France. In Le Mans, stayed at the Hotel at the bottom of Mulsanne Straight...anyone stayed there?...it gets my Jacques Tati Award for the most bizarre attempt at a Motorsport theme/flavour :-)

The museum, on the other hand, was well worth a look...currently Gulf Racing is featured and the halcyon days of the Mirage and GT40s etc
Old 10 Sep 2018, 17:42 (Ref:3849233)   #2358
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, they had that exhibition during the race week.
Old 11 Sep 2018, 13:03 (Ref:3849377)   #2359
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just a heads up in case anyone wasn't aware - both the DVD and now the Blu-Ray review are out via Duke. Mine just arrived today. Probably won't be high up my list of races to relive in years to come. But still.
Old 11 Sep 2018, 17:36 (Ref:3849444)   #2360
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yes, I got mine on the release day. Haven't watched it yet. Saving it for my hols in a couple of weeks.
Old 13 Sep 2018, 15:06 (Ref:3849888)   #2361
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
Do many people rewatch these races? I've never even had the urge. Certain key moments or battles perhaps yes, but entire races never. Am I the odd one out here?
Old 13 Sep 2018, 17:24 (Ref:3849913)   #2362
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Probably not. You need to be Le Mans-addicted, as some of us will admit to being. I buy the DVD or latterly the Blu-Ray every year and watch it once. Occasionally I will come back and watch one from a few years ago. But I do have to have it. Just like I have every programme from every Le Mans I've been to. It just has to be.... I do however relisten to the podcasts in the car on a regular basis....
Old 15 Sep 2018, 18:10 (Ref:3850388)   #2363
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm an addict. I admitting that proudly.
Old 15 Sep 2018, 18:27 (Ref:3850389)   #2364
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I sit with races on in the background pretty 24/7 as I work. Obviously, if it's a live race I'm paying attention to it, but I've been sitting with the 2018 Le Mans full race on during the last week whilst working.
Old 18 Sep 2018, 10:57 (Ref:3851239)   #2365
Jager
Rookie

Australia
Perth, Australia
Jager should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJager should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm another who will re-watch the races on DVD. I also collect 1:43 scale models of Le Mans cars, so when a new model is received I'll often pull out the DVD from that year for reference.
Old 4 Oct 2018, 09:58 (Ref:3854483)   #2366
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Does anyone know yet the date on which ACO members ticket booking opens for next year's event?
Old 4 Oct 2018, 11:40 (Ref:3854501)   #2367
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Not heard anything yet but usually towards the end of October.
Old 4 Oct 2018, 12:39 (Ref:3854509)   #2368
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
For some reason I had it in my head that it was around 13th October?
Old 4 Oct 2018, 15:19 (Ref:3854536)   #2369
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Just checked the ACO site and no dates on there yet, well i could not find any.
Old 4 Oct 2018, 15:22 (Ref:3854537)   #2370
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No, I looked as well and there's no word on it at all.
Old 5 Oct 2018, 11:16 (Ref:3854653)   #2371
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Just checked the ACO site and no dates on there yet, well i could not find any.
Last year, I received the reservation e-mail on the 6th of October. It should be imminent now.
Old 5 Oct 2018, 12:52 (Ref:3854668)   #2372
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Cheers
Old 5 Oct 2018, 13:23 (Ref:3854679)   #2373
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Just had the email from the ACO.
members from 16th October
General public from 19th
Old 5 Oct 2018, 13:37 (Ref:3854683)   #2374
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Another seemingly pointless Autosport opinion article behind paywall which I can't access and read, but merely reading the title and bit of the beginning made me want to die inside
https://www.autosport.com/wec/featur...n-save-the-wec
Old 5 Oct 2018, 13:52 (Ref:3854686)   #2375
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yep, it has the same effect for me, I must admit......