Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 10 Nov 2014, 11:41 (Ref:3473386)   #1
David Owen
Racer

David Owen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cadwell Park 2014 Season Thank You

Thank You for your help in 2014
Dear Colleague,

I am writing to thank you for your help and support at Cadwell Park during 2014. It has been a challenging season in many ways, not least the calendar which saw 17 racing days with the first 8 jammed into the first five consecutive weekends. In addition we didn’t start our season until 31st May! In all there have been in excess of 275 marshals volunteering over 1217 days in the season.

As always without the patience and flexibility of yourselves, often working to duties you hadn’t volunteered for and occasionally having to do so alone we wouldn’t have had the successful season we have had. It is the dedication of yourself, all marshals, rescue, recovery, safety car, medical and circuit crews working together as a team that makes me proud to be associated with you all.

The biggest change of the year saw was the introduction of lights around the circuit and new gantry lights too. At present these have remained under central control whilst the teething problems are ironed out but they have been considered a success despite one or two glitches (we can switch them off and green really is the new red). I am not sure whether local control will come into being next year yet, we shall have to wait and see.

The words “thank you” as always seems insufficient when considering your invaluable assistance as a volunteer official at Cadwell this year. Whether you were with us all season or just for one day, that help has been gratefully appreciated and I hope we made that clear at each and every meeting. Each and every club has asked at the end of every day that their thanks be extended to you all.

The 2015 season is not really that far away and I am busily collating dates for the events to be run at Cadwell next year. Don’t forget the Training Days in November and February too; details are on the BMMC website. Once I know all next year’s dates with reasonable certainty I shall be publishing them in the usual way and I hope that I can count on you marshalling with us again in 2015, and beyond.

In the meantime, thank you once again, a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours and I hope to see you at Cadwell Park again in 2015.

Yours sincerely,
David Owen
David Owen – Cadwell ES Team.
Old 10 Nov 2014, 14:37 (Ref:3473420)   #2
NotLordPercy
Racer

NotLordPercy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's still a pleasure to travel 100+ miles to work at Cadwell. The people,the racing and the circuit make it worthwhile. Looking forward to next year already. Thanks for the tribute to all of us ,Dave!

Old 10 Nov 2014, 15:32 (Ref:3473428)   #3
vjay48
Racer

vjay48 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We came and raced in sept.hadnt been to cadwell for 14-15 years great day,super circuit,tidy paddock,credit to all concerned. well done
Old 12 Nov 2014, 08:31 (Ref:3473848)   #4
ron1902
Racer

England
england
ron1902 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
had terrific 2014 season.cannot wait for 2015..may i wish all volunteers.racers.track staff and every one else involved in running race meeting s a merry xmas and happy new year...see you 2015