Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 16 Jan 2020, 07:38 (Ref:3951885)   #126
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Am going to put six teams together
Anyone out there who wants to join
Idea is have people you know in your pit
I’ll get my plateau 3 car owner to join, and see if John E (Plateaus 3 & 5) is interested as well.
Old 16 Jan 2020, 08:46 (Ref:3951888)   #127
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Am going to put six teams together
Anyone out there who wants to join
Idea is have people you know in your pit
Team Delta will be on hand." who is doing the cooking ".
Old 16 Jan 2020, 10:42 (Ref:3951909)   #128
Adrian B
Rookie

Adrian B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
E.B., to surmise- He hails from down under, the car doesn’t!

I’ve met Adrian a few times, probably last at the 2018 LMC, when he sold me a spare camping pass! That year he was racing his gorgeous 24 valve CSL.....
Yes very happy the 320 has been accepted for LMC 2020. Just to clarify the 320 will be coming from Australia where it has been restored back to 77 spec over the last 5 years or so. The car was originally raced in DRM and in the UK before I acquired it. I would be happy to be part of a tenther's team if a Plateau 6 car is required. Cheers Adrian.

Last edited by Adrian B; 16 Jan 2020 at 10:47. Reason: spelling
Old 16 Jan 2020, 10:47 (Ref:3951911)   #129
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Consider yourself part of one of the teams
Looking at it now we will need to put together six teams
So if you preparers with more than one entry want to use one pit for all this is way to do it.
Also usually stops people ‘ borrowing’ your gear!
Old 16 Jan 2020, 11:03 (Ref:3951915)   #130
snowen250
Veteran

snowen250 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian B View Post
Yes very happy the 320 has been accepted for LMC 2020. Just to clarify the 320 will be coming from Australia where it has been restored back to 77 spec over the last 5 years or so. The car was originally raced in DRM and in the UK before I acquired it. I would be happy to be part of a tenther's team if a Plateau 6 car is required. Cheers Adrian.
I've always wanted to see one of these Group 5 BMW 320's in action. So thank you so much for bringing one over, I cant wait

Simon
Old 16 Jan 2020, 11:40 (Ref:3951923)   #131
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian B View Post
Glad we prompted you into a response, Adrian. Thanks for the clarification and very much look forward to seeing the 320!
Old 17 Jan 2020, 13:54 (Ref:3952083)   #132
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
It’s now confirmed- the other Saturday support race is for ‘Porsche cars built between 1965 and 1981’......
Old 17 Jan 2020, 17:12 (Ref:3952110)   #133
Robert Farrell
Racer

Robert Farrell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Six main grids and three support races. It just gets better.
Going to be a busy paddock.
Old 17 Jan 2020, 17:48 (Ref:3952113)   #134
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Just in case you are considering an entry in the Porsche only grid, read the form till the end. At 3700 € the entry fee is really fair imo but a valid crack testing could cost much more (less than two years old).
Old 17 Jan 2020, 19:27 (Ref:3952125)   #135
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Just in case you are considering an entry in the Porsche only grid, read the form till the end. At 3700 € the entry fee is really fair imo but a valid crack testing could cost much more (less than two years old).
IF I was wanting to enter a 1965 911 or 356 I’d question the need for a crack test certificate! Yes for later CER era models......

Looks like drivers need an International licence, which might put off some interested parties.
Old 17 Jan 2020, 19:40 (Ref:3952129)   #136
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
I seem to remember that for a Grp C and others more modern you need this test together with a HTP. Matter of safety and common sense I'd say.
I wonder about the driver's licence certainly its worth an email or phone call.
A bloke has just been quoted a crack test for his RSR, direct cost is really expensive. There's a lot of labour to be added like striping the steering column and I can't see how you can have the hubs tested without changing the bearings, bits and bobs… Front, rear, left, right…
With only around 70 cars admitted the grid will be more than full, it will be played "Ã* guichets fermés".
Its Le Mans magic, you know.
Old 17 Jan 2020, 20:49 (Ref:3952136)   #137
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
As I said, I can understand crack testing for CER, GpC, Endurance Legends etc, but for 60s Endurance eligible cars?

Anyway, all irrelevant to me as I don’t own an eligible car!
Old 18 Jan 2020, 07:35 (Ref:3952176)   #138
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Dont be sorry, you won't be missed!

May be its not over for a Jaguar support race…

Last edited by Gerard C; 18 Jan 2020 at 07:58.
Old 18 Jan 2020, 23:25 (Ref:3952245)   #139
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
But at this point he is driving a car!
So has an interest!
Old 21 Jan 2020, 20:09 (Ref:3952650)   #140
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Group C and Endurance Legends Entry List Issue 1

GROUP C

https://www.lemansclassic.com/wp-con...oupc-entry.pdf

Endurance Legends

https://www.lemansclassic.com/wp-con...-erl-entry.pdf
Old 21 Jan 2020, 20:12 (Ref:3952652)   #141
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice to see a Sauber C6 . Has one ever raced in historics?

Nice to see a non Equipe Europe 905 although that means no Lola T92/10.

Will be good to see Olivier Hart who is still in his teens I think drive a Group Jaguar XJR9.

What an incredible quality wise grid so far and its only Issue 1.
Old 21 Jan 2020, 20:53 (Ref:3952657)   #142
kartman24
Racer

kartman24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When does issue two get published?
Old 22 Jan 2020, 05:19 (Ref:3952683)   #143
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartman24 View Post
When does issue two get published?
If you mean main lists- Entrants still waiting have been told ‘late January’, but bare in mind how late the first list was....... If you mean GpC & EL- no idea......

Pretty disappointing entry for the Group C race so far!

Last edited by Mike Bell; 22 Jan 2020 at 06:55.
Old 22 Jan 2020, 09:30 (Ref:3952697)   #144
snowen250
Veteran

snowen250 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
If you mean main lists- Entrants still waiting have been told ‘late January’, but bare in mind how late the first list was....... If you mean GpC & EL- no idea......

Pretty disappointing entry for the Group C race so far!
I agree actually, all the other lists are filled with exciting cars, but Group C so far i think could do with filling out.

Of course at any other event that Group C list would have me dancing on the ceiling!

Simon
Old 22 Jan 2020, 10:08 (Ref:3952702)   #145
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

The entry forms for Porsche race were only circulated in last week.
The warm up races are usually late being organised and Group C has never had lots of cars with most failing to finish .
Old 22 Jan 2020, 10:48 (Ref:3952708)   #146
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
The Sthemo entry is quite interesting imo. Nice story behind this car, H Striebig was a real enthusiast, an inspired driver and a very nice person to talk with. He was the first to drive a 934 in France, at Albi in '75 I think.
If there's a need to fill this grid hope others will be suggested to join like Inaltera's, Ecosse Ford, ALD or WM's all good performers even though a different league compared to 956 and XJRs.

Last edited by Gerard C; 22 Jan 2020 at 10:54.
Old 22 Jan 2020, 11:08 (Ref:3952714)   #147
Willmaz223
Veteran

Still is only Issue 1. I think last Le Mans Classic they only had 42 cars.

Wait and see.

Endurance Legends on first glance looks more like a Porsche race.
Old 31 Jan 2020, 16:10 (Ref:3954802)   #148
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Next list should be out this weekend
Best of luck!
Old 31 Jan 2020, 17:07 (Ref:3954813)   #149
Willmaz223
Veteran

Issue 2

https://www.lemansclassic.com/wp-con...-lmc-entry.pdf
Old 31 Jan 2020, 17:14 (Ref:3954814)   #150
Willmaz223
Veteran

Nice amount of Ferraris on the entry including a 312 p and 512 M.