Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 26 Aug 2010, 00:00 (Ref:2750291)   #1
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
2011 360MRC 6 Hour - 30th APRIL!

It gives us great pleasure to announce that the 2011 360 Motor Racing Club 6 hour endurance race will take place on Saturday 30th April 2011 at Snetterton Race Circuit, Norfolk.

We have made this event earlier in the year after listening to our customers and potential customers as to when they believe the best time in the season will be to hold it. We feel that holding this event earlier in the season will help those people who wish to "test the waters" of endurance racing without it affecting an already in progress season run or championship bid.

It wasn't a tough decision with regard to where this event should be held. The inaugural 360 six hour was held at Snetterton and after all the support that we had from the Marshals this year, even after a very disappointing grid size, we feel (and rightly so) that we owe to them a great deal of gratitude in making sure that the first 360 went ahead with the kind of Marshal support that we only dreamed of. As was put to us by one of our team the night after that first event "they stuck by you when you only had eight....you owe it to them to show them it when you have more" We think that is a great way to sum it up really. We could not have done it without the heroes in orange and we want them to enjoy, what we believe is one of the greatest endurance races this side of La Sarthe!

We hope to release the regulations for the event within the next week. We are just tweaking them so that we can bring you a great event, a diverse field and endurance racing.....how it should be

Thanks again
The 360 Motor Racing Club
Old 26 Aug 2010, 04:55 (Ref:2750371)   #2
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Claire, a great decision to go back to Snetterton! Obviously most will assume I say that beacause live only an hour away, but it has nothing to do with it- I think your reasons for going back are enough on their own, but add to that the history of the other endurance events that have been (and are still) held there and it has to make sense!

Well done, Saturday April 30th is on the calendar!

Old 26 Aug 2010, 05:00 (Ref:2750373)   #3
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This will bring a big smile to many faces at Snet,we owe it to all at the circuit.[would love to see Erics reaction when he reads this]
Old 26 Aug 2010, 05:58 (Ref:2750387)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm shocked! I never saw this coming.
Old 26 Aug 2010, 06:20 (Ref:2750393)   #5
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I'm shocked! I never saw this coming.
I assume you've got leave booked already, then!

Old 26 Aug 2010, 07:27 (Ref:2750402)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
hmm,

Actually my contract expires 31 March so I may well not need to take any leave.
Old 26 Aug 2010, 09:18 (Ref:2750453)   #7
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Put me down! My own car may not be ready but I'll rent-a-drive somehow!
Old 26 Aug 2010, 10:50 (Ref:2750496)   #8
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
So not the MGD Montego again, Max?

Any tenthers without cars should make sure 360 have their contact details as am sure there will be cars with not enough drivers as well!

Old 26 Aug 2010, 11:44 (Ref:2750522)   #9
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Montego has served it's purpose, it's for sale. Looking at another car on Saturday.
Old 26 Aug 2010, 12:34 (Ref:2750546)   #10
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
Montego has served it's purpose, it's for sale.
Would that be a "Class Winning" Montego then?
Old 26 Aug 2010, 12:43 (Ref:2750553)   #11
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON View Post
Would that be a "Class Winning" Montego then?
Don't encourage him . That Montego has already achieved almost mythical status.
Old 26 Aug 2010, 12:52 (Ref:2750556)   #12
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
And now it is to be discarded- cast aside like a worn out shoe!

I think it is a disgrace- never mind Ringo's birthplace- save the Montego!

Last edited by Mike Bell; 26 Aug 2010 at 12:53. Reason: typo
Old 26 Aug 2010, 13:29 (Ref:2750571)   #13
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
save the Montego!
I doubt that anyone has ever said that before!
Old 26 Aug 2010, 13:50 (Ref:2750583)   #14
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
I doubt that anyone has ever said that before!
Would the same cry have gone out if it had been an Allegro or a Maestro? (Class winning or not ...)
Old 26 Aug 2010, 13:59 (Ref:2750589)   #15
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not discarded, sold to a loving owner. There's a difference.

Tell you what, in return for a free entry next April Claire can have it outside Race Control plus some demo laps @ lunchtime.
Old 26 Aug 2010, 14:31 (Ref:2750598)   #16
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Better still,she could use it for the rolling start assuming that it hasn't been sold by then.
Old 26 Aug 2010, 14:34 (Ref:2750600)   #17
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Diplay Car at Race Retro?
Old 26 Aug 2010, 15:51 (Ref:2750642)   #18
PenelopePitstop
Racer

European Union
PenelopePitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Not discarded, sold to a loving owner. There's a difference
I'd hate to see it go to museum, hopefully it will go to someone who will race it at next years event.
Old 26 Aug 2010, 16:47 (Ref:2750669)   #19
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Incorrigible - the lot of you !
Old 26 Aug 2010, 18:59 (Ref:2750727)   #20
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Montego Safety car?
Old 26 Aug 2010, 19:02 (Ref:2750734)   #21
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Montego Safety car?
I don't suppose I'll be asked again but just in case, how about No.
Old 26 Aug 2010, 23:14 (Ref:2750847)   #22
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post

You will be asked again if Mr Bower keeps on with his comments!

I would gladly put that car outside race control and Im being serious....next to it would be a sign :

Car 200
Engine 75
Tyres 140
Entry 1000
Petrol and odds and sods 500
Competiting in and winning "best in Class" at the inagural 360....PRICELESS

Seriously, you wanna bring it...please do
Old 27 Aug 2010, 05:45 (Ref:2750911)   #23
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:

Really didn't expect to hear you sat that Tim

Claire,what comments?
Old 27 Aug 2010, 06:07 (Ref:2750914)   #24
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
You'll be asked again!
Old 27 Aug 2010, 06:39 (Ref:2750922)   #25
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
That doesn't surprise me John,Tim has proven that he wont fall asleep too easily.