Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Jun 2000, 14:40 (Ref:18010)   #1
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Two races on the trot now that Mika H has had a poor race and qualifying.

Is this just circumstance or is Mika doing a 'Damon' and starting to think - 'What's the point '.
Old 19 Jun 2000, 14:55 (Ref:18014)   #2
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I think perhaps the Cranky One gets confused when he sees cars in front of him.
Old 19 Jun 2000, 15:32 (Ref:18035)   #3
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We have seen how Mika has a tendancy to give up after seeing himself in any position but P1, after the first lap. I think we are just seeing him do the same thing with his career. Schui is clearly a better driver, and people are now debating if DC might be better. Result: Mika gives up.

I look to see him retire between the end of this year or the next.
Old 19 Jun 2000, 22:26 (Ref:18121)   #4
AL Racing
Racer

AL Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Hakkinen has lost his motivation completly. He has probably given up winning the WDC.

Just look at his comments after the race

Quote:
. I finally found a way past Jacques and I was able to go flat out. Then it started to rain and my race was pretty much over."
I think rain would be his chance to get on the podium, but his attitude looks to be a bit like Nurburgring '99.
Old 19 Jun 2000, 22:34 (Ref:18124)   #5
renniesmill
Rookie

renniesmill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
agree, hakkinen only gets his motivation going if he is in a position to get P1... hopeless attitutde....
he will never win a race if starting outside the front 3 rows...
or maybe the front 2!
shame because he is a decent driver... if hakkinen retires, there will be yet another schumacher-challanger disappearing from the sport.... and if villeneuve doesn't get the mclaren drive for 2001, schumacher will win another 2 titles easily...
Old 19 Jun 2000, 23:12 (Ref:18128)   #6
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mika is sooooo cranky!

Mika just gives up if he cant get a nice clean run from pole to win. What about the guys at the back, ie. the Minardi boys, Alesi, Salo, who, no matter where they qualify, go all out every single race to do the best job they can. Shame on you Mika - if you aren't willing to use the best car on the grid then there are a hell of a lot of other drivers who would be.

Old 20 Jun 2000, 00:27 (Ref:18153)   #7
Diabando
Veteran

Australia
Victoria, Australia
Diabando should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDiabando should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes - I think there is no question that Mika's bubble has burst... Its a shame, because he really is a good driver.

I just hope he doesnt go down the same road as Damon, and retire after losing respect.
Old 20 Jun 2000, 10:07 (Ref:18188)   #8
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mika: wassup? (again)

It's like what I was saying after Monaco. He can't be about to retire, surely? Can he?

As an aside, DC has gone up in my estimations recently. You may have noticed I've stopped laying into him QUITE so severely, the jammy over-rated son of a....
Old 20 Jun 2000, 12:34 (Ref:18219)   #9
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Indeed, even I, the self-confessed Cubehead hater, find a growing respect for DC and his ever improving skill and determination...

Unlike Cranky. MIKA: Sort your act out or give someone else the seat.

DC AND PANIS: McLaren 2001.

Old 20 Jun 2000, 13:17 (Ref:18229)   #10
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
On top of all this Ron 'Siemens' Dennis, is now moaning that poor Mika was held up by JV in the Canadian GP.

Ron still believes that McLaren have an absolute right to be at the front in every race. He has referred to JV as a
'1.5 second per lap mobile chicane', if MH was 1.5 seconds per lap faster, me thinks he should have maybe go past earlier.......

McLaren are a great team, but RD has always had an attitide problem. Complaining of being baulked by a backmarker is fair game, but when it comes to drivers fighting for position a race is a race - isn't it ?
Old 20 Jun 2000, 19:59 (Ref:18326)   #11
Gerard
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Gerard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually, I think Ron Dennis was right.
Jacques Villeneuve was a 1.5 second per lap mobile chicane.
And no, being 1.5 seconds a lap faster doesn't mean you can pass easily. Not today anymore.
At one point in the race Jos Verstappen was lying 19th (after his first pitstop) and lapping at the same speed of Barrichello and Hakkinen. He was 2 seconds a lap quicker than the guy just in front of him. Four laps later he was still lying 19th, unable to get past him.
So, Ron Dennis is right in saying some drivers are mobile chicanes.
That's not the fault of the drivers, but the cars.
The same cars Ron Dennis is developing.
I do agree however about the moaning bit.
That's something Mr. Dennis should not do.
What he should do is trying to get rid of the mobile chicanes by putting pressure on his fellow constructors to develop cars that can actually overtake.
Old 20 Jun 2000, 22:49 (Ref:18351)   #12
jb
Rookie

jb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is it true no one was in garage to greet mika at end of race? i missed the post-race wrapup.
Old 20 Jun 2000, 22:49 (Ref:18352)   #13
ccara
Rookie

ccara should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry guys but here is another moaning Ron Dennis moment, if it happens to anyone else, thats racing! Happens to McLaren...Villeneuve "kamikazi racing" funny that!!!!!!

Mika has gone a little off the boil but hopefully will pick up form, we'll see! (less sulking more racing)

I agree with Gerard bout lack of overtaking but how come Ron etc only mention it when they are losing??
Old 20 Jun 2000, 23:18 (Ref:18354)   #14
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Shut it Ron!

Ron seems to think McLaren have a God-given right to be in front and win every race. If he can't face the fact that JV happened to get in front of his man by doing a stunning start, well tough luck.
Old 21 Jun 2000, 00:57 (Ref:18383)   #15
AL Racing
Racer

AL Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"McLaren cars loosing out at the start..." Not something we used to hear last year or early races this season. It's obvious that with the new rules McLaren's rocket start mechanism is illegal and that why it's down to the drivers to do a good start. I think they need some practice.