Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Sep 2003, 14:00 (Ref:718453)   #1
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Lacklustre Montoya?

Did anyone else feel that Juan should not have just "given up" with 12 laps to go?

If he would have continued to push, TGF may have had problems/made a mistake.
Old 14 Sep 2003, 14:09 (Ref:718460)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
er, he said after losing time to a coupel of back markers he did just get it to the finish. He didn't think he could get past Micheal anyway. The results wouldn't have been any different.

He feeld he will have the car at higher downforce tracks too.

Lap 1 wasn't really like giving up either.

He did give up (if you like) in the last few laps, but I don't think it is a big issue. We could perhaps blame the points system.
Old 14 Sep 2003, 14:16 (Ref:718467)   #3
X-ecutioner
Rookie

X-ecutioner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That was the down point in the race. Montoya giving up on the chase. I was like C'mon!?!?! You people are paid to do racing, go ahead and entertain me!

Anyway nothing can be achieved by *****ing at it. I just think the race could've been better if the Montoya-schumacher and barrichello-raikkonen duel could've continued till the last corner of the last lap. Well, can you blame me? I'm a damn racing fan!!
Old 14 Sep 2003, 14:19 (Ref:718472)   #4
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks Frentzen and Fisichella for f***ing up the race.
Old 14 Sep 2003, 14:22 (Ref:718476)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A little harsh, even Montoya stopped short of blaming them outright in the press conference.
Old 14 Sep 2003, 14:24 (Ref:718480)   #6
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It was pretty obvious, especially Frentzen.
Old 14 Sep 2003, 14:26 (Ref:718484)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I thought he was perhaps unlucky where we caught them, but the TV shots don't always show it that well. Patrick Head wasn't that impressed.

Anyway I though you were asleep

Last edited by Adam43; 14 Sep 2003 at 14:27.
Old 14 Sep 2003, 14:28 (Ref:718487)   #8
ASCII Man
Veteran

I woke up briefly to notice it...
Old 14 Sep 2003, 14:35 (Ref:718496)   #9
corkholio
Veteran

corkholio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Funny how you aren't complaining about Baumgartner for not using his mirrors when a Ferrari was behind.
Old 14 Sep 2003, 14:39 (Ref:718499)   #10
ASCII Man
Veteran

I don't think that i have seen Baumgartner at all today.
Except at the start somewhere in the distance.
Old 14 Sep 2003, 14:41 (Ref:718501)   #11
corkholio
Veteran

corkholio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Keep on forgetting that you like cars running further back.
Old 14 Sep 2003, 14:43 (Ref:718505)   #12
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Maybe he was just missing Ralf!!

Seriously i think it was just those back markers, he just lost too much time.

God darn ITV commentators. i though JPM came out in front of TGF , was bit of a dilema today i don't like TGF , dont like JPM, didn't know who to cheer:confused:
Old 14 Sep 2003, 14:46 (Ref:718508)   #13
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I knew straight away that it was Gene not Montoya.
Old 14 Sep 2003, 14:48 (Ref:718515)   #14
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by The Monster
I knew straight away that it was Gene not Montoya.
I thought it was strange as well ,but God darn Allen's voice was so loud and convincing i din;t know what to think!!

Good on Gene though to lead a GP,allbeit for 1 lap !!!
Old 14 Sep 2003, 14:50 (Ref:718517)   #15
ASCII Man
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by corkholio
Keep on forgetting that you like cars running further back.

A guy running in 6th is farther back than someone in 11th?
Weird........
Old 14 Sep 2003, 15:06 (Ref:718528)   #16
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I can understand Juan backing off but would we have seen that from Michael? It is a little dissapointing. But hey - if he'd thrown it off the road the gap would be 11 points and the title would be as good as gone. We still have a title fight!
Old 14 Sep 2003, 15:13 (Ref:718532)   #17
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
He knew there was'nt anything he could do (even if he cuaght him) so he did the smart thing and brought it home. He has a championship to consider, suprisingly your personal entertainment does'nt outrank that.
Old 14 Sep 2003, 15:18 (Ref:718537)   #18
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
I still say he was missing Ralf!!

But unlike me to disagree with mods, so according to me he did the smart thing and brought it home. Wimmiams will have an advantage in Indy with the long straight.

Last edited by ralf fan; 14 Sep 2003 at 15:22.
Old 14 Sep 2003, 15:20 (Ref:718540)   #19
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He is learning...
Old 14 Sep 2003, 15:58 (Ref:718567)   #20
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I don't know ralf fan williams couldn't take advantage of the fast track in the season what can one straight do as MS was faster in a straight line here you would think he would be faster in the USA
Old 14 Sep 2003, 16:03 (Ref:718577)   #21
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari sacrificed downforce for straight line speed and it paid off today. At a somewhat higher downforce Indy Williams should have the edge, but Ferrar's engine has certainly come on a great leap.
Old 14 Sep 2003, 16:05 (Ref:718580)   #22
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Yes agreed but will a higher down force track effect the new spec tyres hhhhhhhmmmmmmmm.
Old 14 Sep 2003, 16:06 (Ref:718583)   #23
ASCII Man
Veteran

MS was faster in the straight lines because he could carry more speed through the medium fast corners like Lesmo's and Parabolica.

Williams should have the advantage at Indy, but even that is not sure now.
Old 14 Sep 2003, 16:07 (Ref:718586)   #24
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally posted by ralf fan
...,but God darn Allen's voice was so loud and convincing i din;t know what to think!!.
you should know by now. If James is so sure about something it must be wrong.

As for Ferrari/Williams relative pace at Indy. Well Monza is a different circuit to elsewhere. Ferrari were nowhere at Hungary and Williams has generally been better at other tracks too. It seems that high downforce tracks suits the Williams ( and other Michilin runners) more.
Old 14 Sep 2003, 16:08 (Ref:718588)   #25
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally posted by ASCII Man
MS was faster in the straight lines because he could carry more speed through the medium fast corners like Lesmo's and Parabolica.
Not sure about this one. A combination of many things, but the Ferrari was clearly running much less wing than the Williams.

Tags
jpm