Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Jun 2004, 01:38 (Ref:1002196)   #1
Ralf
Racer

Ralf has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
As Ralf Malph would say.... "I still got it!"

Well done Ralfie boy!

Now how about a decent race???
Old 13 Jun 2004, 07:28 (Ref:1002358)   #2
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Credit where it's due, great lap.

Well overdue though
Old 13 Jun 2004, 08:33 (Ref:1002384)   #3
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The bloke will still have to drop his ludicrous wage demands. One good lap means nothing after the season he's had.
Old 13 Jun 2004, 09:24 (Ref:1002425)   #4
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ralf is peerless on his day, and can comfortably go off into the distance.

Problem lies when he has to race in the pack.

And he has far too many bad days.
Old 13 Jun 2004, 09:26 (Ref:1002427)   #5
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It was a stunning lap. Maybe Toyota have said something to him...?
Old 13 Jun 2004, 10:20 (Ref:1002460)   #6
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
im sure Willi Weber will muster a few million more on the basis of THAT lap alone....
Old 13 Jun 2004, 11:40 (Ref:1002501)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
AN unbelievable lap really, most unexpected.

Credit where credit is due, but I feel this is another one of those flashes in the pan. Give him another couple of races and he'll be in gravel traps again.
Old 13 Jun 2004, 11:58 (Ref:1002514)   #8
Piquet
Racer

Piquet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yea, as much as I hate to say it gotta give him credit for the lap - lets see how the race goes now!! Interestingly I heard Pat Head is not actually at the race - if that's true, it may explain the above par performance from Ralf. Who knows...
Old 13 Jun 2004, 12:40 (Ref:1002548)   #9
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A great lap for sure, however he needs to put a number of them together to beat Michael. I'll bet money that he stops before the BARs and Ferrari's and if Michael is close to him (ie. 10seconds) by then it will be all over for Ralf.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 13 Jun 2004, 12:43 (Ref:1002549)   #10
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I really can't see Michael winning - there are too many cars ahead of him.

But I'd never rule him out.
Old 13 Jun 2004, 14:22 (Ref:1002607)   #11
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good lap from Ralf. Finally he did something which people took notice of.

In Monaco, he qualified well too, but had to be pushed 10 places back. Hopefully, he has a chance to show us what he has left in him

It'd be an interesting race.
Old 13 Jun 2004, 15:19 (Ref:1002646)   #12
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Gt_R
Good lap from Ralf. Finally he did something which people took notice of.
Finally he did something POSITIVE that everyone took note of... dont forget he haas been in the limelight for the wrong reasons...

I still think a Williams win looks unlikely... Bar i think are faster and the Trulli will also be like a rocket of the start...
Old 13 Jun 2004, 16:00 (Ref:1002672)   #13
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Never rule out Michael. But I'm supporting Button this time.
Old 13 Jun 2004, 16:59 (Ref:1002701)   #14
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Michael 3rd after first stop, Michael will lead after 2nd stop. Writings on the wall.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 13 Jun 2004, 18:49 (Ref:1002777)   #15
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ralf is impressive in this race.

I find it quite unfair when commentators brush off Ralf's pole as a "low fuel" one -off thing...clearly overlooking Ralf's Q 2nd in Monaco. And that in some situations, Ralf was running equal to his teammates, and of course, in the last race, he didn't even have a chance to race beyond turn 1.

Ralf was quick this weekend, and hopefully he could keep this performance up. He could clearly do much better than he had in the past couple of seasons. I'm not a fan of his, but i do think he doesn't deserve all the stick he gets from media/critics.
Old 13 Jun 2004, 19:33 (Ref:1002815)   #16
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
Damn Big Bro!!
Old 13 Jun 2004, 19:57 (Ref:1002843)   #17
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ralf with his FIRST PODIUM FOR A YEAR!
Old 13 Jun 2004, 21:11 (Ref:1002925)   #18
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
Ralf with his FIRST PODIUM FOR A YEAR!
How about his p2 finish on 15 june 2003?
How about his victory on 29 june 2003?
How about his victory on 6 july 2003?
Old 13 Jun 2004, 22:05 (Ref:1002960)   #19
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
for almoast a year then

Ciao Marco
Old 14 Jun 2004, 06:39 (Ref:1003147)   #20
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ralf disqualified; he''ll still have to wait.
Old 14 Jun 2004, 09:06 (Ref:1003230)   #21
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
Ralf's duck for a year remains.....
Old 14 Jun 2004, 10:06 (Ref:1003291)   #22
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Very unlucky for Ralf, after a really impressive weekend. I can imagine him being very miserable right now.