Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30 Aug 2021, 20:41 (Ref:4071280)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
It's Southbank "and infield" parking and it's the latter that appeals to me. During the day I move between several areas as I take pictures around the place. Having infield parking enables me to have spare clothes, food/drink and extra camera equipment easily to hand without having to lug it all about. It's also a place to shelter if it rains! I don't think I have ever actually parked on Southbank itself.
Although I rarely go to Brands these days as I don't do many meetings any more other than Le Mans and the now lamented Silverstone WEC/ELMS, I spent many years going there regularly and always parked on the South Bank. In poor weather you can sit in your car and it works better for the Brands bowl than anywhere else. Years ago I always used to park at Becketts at Silverstone on the perimeter road but I guess you probably can't do that anymore. In any weather when parked on the South Bank you can have easy and relatively quick access to your car for clothes, brolly, food etc. etc. I suppose also it was the place where I took my kids and they loved playing on the bank when the novelty of the cars inevitably wore off. For me, being on the South Bank is just 'historically' essential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
...were there no track limits in operation ? I'm convinced that a number of competitors regularly over ran kerbs particularly on the exit of Graham Hill bend.
Sitting where I was for quite a bit of the day overlooking that very spot, the thought of track limits occurred many times. There is now a strip of green 'carpet' now that wasn't there years ago, but the cars routinely drive well beyond the kerbing and onto the grass - and not just the GTs. It happened in all the races all day. That part of the grass seems to have effectively become part of the circuit and many cars use it on through the bottom of the pit road and beyond...

Last edited by Aysedasi; 30 Aug 2021 at 20:47.