Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 31 May 2018, 22:52 (Ref:3825936)   #526
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Not a bad look indeed, hope it does well at Le Mans
Old 1 Jun 2018, 11:52 (Ref:3826005)   #527
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
More good news but expectations being played down due to lack of running.

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/l...r-at-test-day/
Old 1 Jun 2018, 13:10 (Ref:3826020)   #528
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Obviously not many people now believe Mr Lowdon words in full. It was business as usual too before Spa's fiasco.
Old 1 Jun 2018, 14:19 (Ref:3826033)   #529
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
Obviously not many people now believe Mr Lowdon words in full. It was business as usual too before Spa's fiasco.
I don't think they'd be showing up for a second embarrassment. You gotta think if they didn't have the funds they would have withdrawn / the FIA would be wanting guarantees they are now legitimate.
Old 1 Jun 2018, 15:12 (Ref:3826043)   #530
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Sexy rear end on that Cetilar Villorba Corse Dallara - even if it's incomplete!
"take your wing off, awwwww, mmmmmmh" . By the way, has Ginetta received the money ?
Old 1 Jun 2018, 20:29 (Ref:3826100)   #531
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
By the way, has Ginetta received the money ?
Probably Mr Lowdon is refreshing his online banking page right now.
Old 1 Jun 2018, 22:23 (Ref:3826129)   #532
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Dammit, I'm leaving the day before.

https://www.ginetta.com/news/join-ou...mans-road-trip
Old 2 Jun 2018, 05:29 (Ref:3826154)   #533
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Shame i have already booked everything, the prices are so reasonable
Old 3 Jun 2018, 22:55 (Ref:3826652)   #534
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Shame i have already booked everything, the prices are so reasonable

Looking at today's result it seems they need all kind of support.
Old 4 Jun 2018, 06:57 (Ref:3826686)   #535
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i remember Jan Lammers helping to fund one of his racing for Holland cars by selling small squares on the car in which you could put a message, some of the dutch in Tertre Rouge campsite bought a square, Perhaps Ginetta could try that to raise some cash
Old 4 Jun 2018, 22:25 (Ref:3826866)   #536
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I remember that. I thought 10-10ths should have bought one.
Old 8 Jun 2018, 21:07 (Ref:3827737)   #537
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
In daily sportscar's lmp1 preview, they mention a low-downforce kit

Quote:
The cars both ran well at the Test Day, though still with their high downforce package (there is set to be a low downforce kit for race week) but will they be permitted to use it?
I wonder if we'll see it?
Old 9 Jun 2018, 00:42 (Ref:3827758)   #538
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
In daily sportscar's lmp1 preview, they mention a low-downforce kit

I wonder if we'll see it?
I'm almost sure they said that there were some test of both aero kits in a straight line test. But, as we can read on the article, would the ACO/FIA allow them to run an unproven aerodynamic package?

If they run the high downforce kit, they will be slower than some P2 cars, but I think they really don't care at this point. I think they want to show that they exist, but they dont care too much about the speed. That could be changed later with a more stable program.

If they are slow, I'll still follow them with atention, and enjoying the particular sound of the Mecachrome single turbo.
Old 9 Jun 2018, 01:08 (Ref:3827761)   #539
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There was optional testing available for all teams at Bugatti last Tuesday. I don't know if Ginetta run there because the ACO didn't hand out any data of it and no-one reported anything about it, but if they didn't, that's (another) mistake when mileage is so low

It's bizarre if they haven't tested low df kit at all considering IIRC all they did between Spa and TD was straight line speed running... why would you have high df for that... are you telling me that it just hasn't existed so far? Jesus
Old 9 Jun 2018, 01:17 (Ref:3827762)   #540
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
It's bizarre if they haven't tested low df kit at all considering IIRC all they did between Spa and TD was straight line speed running... why would you have high df for that... are you telling me that it just hasn't existed so far? Jesus
Who knows, maybe the low downforce kit development was stop when the Spa saga came up. I really want to know how the LD kit would look.
Old 9 Jun 2018, 01:26 (Ref:3827763)   #541
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
IMO in Free Practice, they should run one car (the more "Ginetta-backed one") with LD and have the other one (the more "Manor-backed one") with existing HD just in case it doesn't work out. I don't know why ACO would reject that

And/or beforehand they could do what ByKolles did in 2016 and run at the LM airport runway. That would at least give LD some shakedown if they haven't done it yet for some bizarre reason and don't want to drag the cars out of the city itself.

If going with HD kit for the race, I don't believe they can beat Oreca P2s in qualifying trim and that would be bit embarrassing. Especially after things like these were said:

"Even if you’re last in P1, which we won’t be, you’ll still be way ahead of P2."
http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/t...r-overall-win/

Last edited by Deleted; 9 Jun 2018 at 01:33.
Old 9 Jun 2018, 03:40 (Ref:3827769)   #542
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Endurance-info reported about people testing on the Bugatti circuit. It was raining the whole day and that probably deterred more from joining as apparently only 5 took part. I'd imagine Ginetta would rather not take the chance of having an off in the wet?
Old 9 Jun 2018, 04:17 (Ref:3827771)   #543
Deleted
Veteran

Hmm yes that may explain some things, thanks
Old 9 Jun 2018, 22:21 (Ref:3827878)   #544
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
"Even if you’re last in P1, which we won’t be, you’ll still be way ahead of P2."
http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/t...r-overall-win/

As Mark Twain once said “If it’s your job to eat a frog, it’s best to do it first thing in the morning. And if it’s your job to eat two frogs, it’s best to eat the biggest one first.”
Old 10 Jun 2018, 14:09 (Ref:3828086)   #545
Irie
Racer

Irie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Right now you can see the Ginettas on the scutineering stream and they have quite a few new sponsor stickers on them
Old 10 Jun 2018, 14:36 (Ref:3828098)   #546
DinkLv
Rookie

China
West Lafayette, IN, US
DinkLv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Different sponsors applied to #5 and #6. #5 is fully European while #6 is fully Chinese. Not sure if that means the full takeover of #5 by Ginetta.
https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses...17517309349888
Old 10 Jun 2018, 19:14 (Ref:3828158)   #547
Irie
Racer

Irie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Official team picture - you can see the new sponsors
Old 10 Jun 2018, 21:26 (Ref:3828213)   #548
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irie View Post
Right now you can see the Ginettas on the scutineering stream and they have quite a few new sponsor stickers on them
One car lost Chinese backing.
Old 10 Jun 2018, 22:05 (Ref:3828223)   #549
TF110
Veteran

United States
No diveplanes. Wonder if they plan to race like that?
Old 11 Jun 2018, 04:26 (Ref:3828258)   #550
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
No diveplanes. Wonder if they plan to race like that?
I think the answer could be "yes". I been looking for pictures of the test at the Bugatti circuit but couldn't find any. Had they tested there?

If they really don't surprise me at the first practice with a new front, I think this is all they have.