Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 28 Feb 2019, 01:35 (Ref:3887191)   #1951
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
Sebring 1000 Miles track question: I know the WEC race will have pit road on the Ulman Straight. From the track website it looks like the entry is at the Turn 16 area. Where is the exit? Also, will any sort of temporary grandstands be erected for that pit road?
Pit entry between T15 and T16, exit after T16, roughly 1/3 down the Ullman Straight. I have not yet seen any evidence of temp grandstands but perhaps Lanky can confirm?
Old 28 Feb 2019, 01:58 (Ref:3887194)   #1952
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Pit entry between T15 and T16, exit after T16, roughly 1/3 down the Ullman Straight. I have not yet seen any evidence of temp grandstands but perhaps Lanky can confirm?
Thank You! I didn't realize entry was not on the straight. Happy to hear exit is far enough away from 17 to allow the cars to get up to speed before 17. I was concerned that full speed cars would be dealing with slow cars in corner entry. (They will be anyway, but not a drastic diffrrence).

We shall see....
Old 28 Feb 2019, 06:13 (Ref:3887219)   #1953
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
IIRC in the Audi-Pug era they never managed to reach 1000 miles in less than 8 hours at PLM, not even close, so I don't have much confidence for it happening here either. Too bad about the limitation, it should've been the good old 1000 Miles or 10 Hours (if 1500 Miles really was too 'offensive' for matching against IMSA's 12 Hours or whatever)

In the 2010 Paul Ricard 8 Hours Audi did 1540,4km in the 8 hour window, which is 957,1 miles, but I don't think there were cautions
The Toyota is a good bit faster though. People who were at their private test said rough lap time estimates were 1:41-1:42's. I guess we'll see if the race has this fast of a pace and the yellows stay few.
Old 28 Feb 2019, 12:19 (Ref:3887295)   #1954
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Faster but not amazingly faster

Anyway likely one-offs for Spa per GG:

- TBA ASLMS team
- G-Drive 26
- Ginetta (if they receive LM entry)
Old 28 Feb 2019, 12:45 (Ref:3887299)   #1955
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Quote:
Thank You! I didn't realize entry was not on the straight. Happy to hear exit is far enough away from 17 to allow the cars to get up to speed before 17. I was concerned that full speed cars would be dealing with slow cars in corner entry. (They will be anyway, but not a drastic diffrrence).

We shall see....
https://storage.googleapis.com/fiawe...53bea55611.jpg

Also pages 8-9 here have some additional area details: https://competitors.imsa.com/sites/d...h_022719v2.pdf

So parking, no grandstands

Last edited by Deleted; 28 Feb 2019 at 12:53.
Old 28 Feb 2019, 14:21 (Ref:3887321)   #1956
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Awesome Chiana, Thanks!
Old 28 Feb 2019, 16:38 (Ref:3887348)   #1957
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:

- TBA ASLMS team
- G-Drive 26
I'd say significantly faster. Look at the latest Silverstone times vs the same time period as the last WEC race at Sebring. Race pace is as fast as qualifying pace was in 2012. Record distance at Spa etc. I think there's a chance they make the 1000 miles before the 8hrs. We'll see. Though I'd rather a longer race tbh!
Old 28 Feb 2019, 18:17 (Ref:3887376)   #1958
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

- TBA ASLMS team
- G-Drive 26
If Ginetta doesn't get a LM entry, then that project is dead. They should be committing to Spa VERY early in an effort to get the Le Mans entry. Showing they actually have a working package that can be run. Because right now, there is no evidence of that.
Old 28 Feb 2019, 18:24 (Ref:3887379)   #1959
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Sadly, I think that the project is pretty much DOA. That may not be the case, but it looks that way, and the signs don't look encouraging to me.
Old 28 Feb 2019, 20:50 (Ref:3887403)   #1960
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Sebring 1000 Miles track question: I know the WEC race will have pit road on the Ulman Straight. From the track website it looks like the entry is at the Turn 16 area. Where is the exit? Also, will any sort of temporary grandstands be erected for that pit road?
WEC pit exit is about half way down the back straight. https://competitors.imsa.com/sites/d...p_021819_0.pdf

I don't know about any temporary grandstands by there but I wouldn't count on it since the paddock will be just behind the pit road.
Old 1 Mar 2019, 13:16 (Ref:3887544)   #1961
Deleted
Veteran

https://assets.lemans.org/explorer/p...-mans-2019.pdf

https://tentenths.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=115

One of the worst for a while
Old 6 Mar 2019, 11:01 (Ref:3888605)   #1962
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Small reduction in EOT for Privateers at Sebring. Don't want an upset in the states ...

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...ng-eot-update/
Old 6 Mar 2019, 12:55 (Ref:3888634)   #1963
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC2guy View Post
Small reduction in EOT for Privateers at Sebring. Don't want an upset in the states ...

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...ng-eot-update/
i wasn't expecting to see that. I wonder what made them implement the change?
Old 6 Mar 2019, 14:47 (Ref:3888678)   #1964
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Sebring will be quirky for the LMP2 and GTE teams because the end of the race is based on the LMP1 cars reaching the 273 laps. They will have to pay attention to the overall leader's progress as they get into the latter stages to know when the dang checkered flag is going to fall.
Old 6 Mar 2019, 20:16 (Ref:3888760)   #1965
Deleted
Veteran

True but the 8 hour time limit will probably make it futile

As for the nonhybrid EoT decrease... meh it doesn't raise confidence for LM
Old 7 Mar 2019, 07:17 (Ref:3888842)   #1966
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
Let's see

Track Length
6.081 km vs. 5.451km = 1.116

ERS Petrol MJ/L
61.3 vs. 55.5 = 1.105
ERS Energy MJ/L
5.48 vs 4.96 = 1.105
ERS Combined MJ/L
66.78 vs. 60.46 = 1.105

NA Petrol MJ/L
103.1 vs 95.6 = 1.078

TC Petrol MJ/L
95.8 vs 89.7 = 1.068

Eh checks out although their percentages are backwards. Toyota's have gained 2.5% and 3.5% more respectively, which works out to more like 2.4% and 3.3% less the other way.
Old 7 Mar 2019, 13:59 (Ref:3888917)   #1967
Nickberg555
Rookie

Nickberg555 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I'd say significantly faster. Look at the latest Silverstone times vs the same time period as the last WEC race at Sebring. Race pace is as fast as qualifying pace was in 2012. Record distance at Spa etc. I think there's a chance they make the 1000 miles before the 8hrs. We'll see. Though I'd rather a longer race tbh!
But the cars are quickers nowadays.. its all about the yellows and safetycars if they will made it before 8hrs
Old 9 Mar 2019, 10:53 (Ref:3889301)   #1968
Deleted
Veteran

The first Sebring Private Test with most of the cars is due to start in 3 hours 7 minutes, yet there seems to be no press coverage whatsoever? I'm confused

The teams are there regardless
https://twitter.com/FIAWEC/status/1104217533605908480

The tents
https://twitter.com/FIAWEC/status/1104191008995192832

Looks like no live timing will be available for today and tomorrow, the first session listed here is FP1 for Wednesday
https://timing.71wytham.org.uk/

Coverage for the other sessions
https://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153756
Old 9 Mar 2019, 11:26 (Ref:3889305)   #1969
Deleted
Veteran

You can see the new pit entry and out in this one
https://twitter.com/FIAWEC/status/1104173142115794946

Last week's Trans-Am start, some of it was already there
https://www.facebook.com/gotransam/v...5167623849319/
Old 9 Mar 2019, 14:46 (Ref:3889320)   #1970
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
https://www.fiawec.com/en/news/wec-e...vQMMF-v8kSwmKw

Some made up TV stats about how more people than ever watched WEC. I quite like the bit about 138 million audience in Spain, in a country with around 45 million people. Even if this is adding all the races together, the entire nation of Spain all watched 3 WEC races.

I especially like the bit about how the third most popular race was Silverstone. After they tried to drop it, then brought it back, and are now cutting the distance. So even these made up stats support the use of Silverstone.

Anyway, I'm sure all the races had a good 55,000 people there too.
Old 9 Mar 2019, 17:12 (Ref:3889336)   #1971
Deleted
Veteran

Reminds me of this absurdity
https://tentenths.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=179

Anyway... 3 hours into the first test Sebring session and no-one in twitter has even posted a photo of the timing monitors. Frustrating
Old 9 Mar 2019, 17:47 (Ref:3889342)   #1972
Deleted
Veteran

First session fastest

P1 - #7 Toyota 1:42.673
P2 - #36 Oreca 1:49.343
PRO - #67 Ford 1:58.458
AM - #88 Porsche 1:59.943

Every category except PRO is already faster than 2012 pole times

Last edited by Deleted; 9 Mar 2019 at 17:54.
Old 9 Mar 2019, 19:08 (Ref:3889348)   #1973
Tique
Racer

France
Paris
Tique should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am quite surprised bu the lap time of R13 and the BR01. Far away from the Toyota
Old 9 Mar 2019, 19:43 (Ref:3889350)   #1974
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Reminds me of this absurdity
https://tentenths.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=179

Anyway... 3 hours into the first test Sebring session and no-one in twitter has even posted a photo of the timing monitors. Frustrating
What media do you expect to be at a test reporting every second of the event? It's testing not racing and it costs money for coverage even if it's just Twitter coverage. Adjust your expectations to a normal level

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 9 Mar 2019, 21:37 (Ref:3889369)   #1975
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tique View Post
I am quite surprised bu the lap time of R13 and the BR01. Far away from the Toyota
I'm sure they are sandbagging