Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 20 Aug 2015, 06:43 (Ref:3567133)   #101
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Yes, I have no problem with it being introduced as a stop gap last year, or the reduction in speed being required for safety, but my post you quoted just said that I would have preferred temporary chicanes or track adjustments instead. Either way, we can look forward without that being the case.
Old 1 Jun 2016, 18:00 (Ref:3646381)   #102
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
I think this was rumored/announced some months ago, but Monza's Curva Grande is going to be bypassed completely. This is mostly due bikes it seems.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2016/06/0...-f1-cars-2017/

ps. Chiana won't believe this though: part of this plan is reinstating gravel at Parabolica.

Old 1 Jun 2016, 18:13 (Ref:3646385)   #103
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
ps. Chiana won't believe this though: part of this plan is reinstating gravel at Parabolica.

Much appreciated

And hopefully sign on common sense starting to prevail
Old 1 Jun 2016, 18:28 (Ref:3646393)   #104
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not sure how I feel about this. They're bypassing one of the most classic high speed corners in motor racing, but at least they're getting rid of that horrible first chicane. And with turn one being taken at full speed and a faster lap time it might not be so bad.
Old 1 Jun 2016, 19:41 (Ref:3646412)   #105
Pontlieue
Racer

Pontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
Not sure how I feel about this. They're bypassing one of the most classic high speed corners in motor racing, but at least they're getting rid of that horrible first chicane. And with turn one being taken at full speed and a faster lap time it might not be so bad.
Yeah, I have mixed feelings about the changes too. I'm happy to see the gravel return to Parabolica, and I'm not sad at all to see the first chicane go. But I'll miss Curva Grande, as long sweeping corners are currently going extinct on modern circuits, and the stretch from the new kink to the Lesmo will be a bit awkward with two chicanes so close to each other.
Old 1 Jun 2016, 22:31 (Ref:3646445)   #106
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Guys the Monza Changes have been discussed in the My Track Design section, where a few other suggestions have been posted.
Come have a look http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147135
Share your thoughts and ideas with our amateur track designers
Old 2 Jun 2016, 00:20 (Ref:3646458)   #107
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
They'll probably keep the Curva Grande since LMP1 teams like to test at Monza. A ton of LMP1 and LMP2 teams have tested at Monza since April when Audi tested there before Silverstone.
Old 2 Jun 2016, 05:56 (Ref:3646488)   #108
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tbh, Curva Grande is too wide which leads to it being too easily flatout for any car. Of course, if there was no 1st chicane, then GTs, and the like, would need to lift but not the LMP1s, F1s I think.
Old 2 Jun 2016, 10:02 (Ref:3646525)   #109
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Miguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMiguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Gravel at Parabolica? No chicane at the front stretch? Using exciting race track? I'm actually starting to feel accepting about this change!
Old 2 Jun 2016, 13:06 (Ref:3646560)   #110
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
So apparently the plan involves bringing down around 400 trees with (over)compensation being planned 'in other areas of the park'.

I don't see them getting away with that - the huggers will throw too much of a fit over it!

Like others, I'm 50/50 about the chances (but 100% in favor of replacing Parabolica's tarmac again!)