Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Aug 2021, 18:28 (Ref:4064956)   #2276
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Fake crowd noise with cheering. Well... it is "entertainment", so why not! Maybe it should occasionally have a laugh track as well. You know how they have those photos (videos?) of each driver that they sometimes show. I would joke with my son that they should have a selection of them. So they can then show emotions when something happens. Pose with happy face, angry face, sad face, etc. Someone goes off track, or gets passed. Then show sad face.

Richard
Careful, don't joke about these things, you know what'll happen.......
Old 2 Aug 2021, 18:33 (Ref:4064958)   #2277
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Get Harry Enfield, Paul Whitehouse, Charlie Higson, Simon Day, Arabella Weir and John Thomson in for a weekend to do the commentary and interviews.

Those of "a certain age" might get that one...
Old 2 Aug 2021, 20:13 (Ref:4064981)   #2278
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Fake crowd noise with cheering. Well... it is "entertainment", so why not! Maybe it should occasionally have a laugh track as well. You know how they have those photos (videos?) of each driver that they sometimes show. I would joke with my son that they should have a selection of them. So they can then show emotions when something happens. Pose with happy face, angry face, sad face, etc. Someone goes off track, or gets passed. Then show sad face.

Richard
Could have used the laugh track for Bottas.

On the videos - which motorsport series does that. I’ve seen it somewhere. A celebration when they pass someone. Indycar, IMSA, WEC, Extreme E, NASCAR? Trying to think what it could be.

Watching the Tour de France was funny. They used those pictures when the caption came up on who the rider was. Except they only seemed to do it when they were on the podium and you could see their face anyway!
Old 2 Aug 2021, 23:42 (Ref:4065000)   #2279
Beau2
Racer

Beau2 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Could have used the laugh track for Bottas.

On the videos - which motorsport series does that. I’ve seen it somewhere. A celebration when they pass someone. Indycar, IMSA, WEC, Extreme E, NASCAR? Trying to think what it could be.
I think this was done in the BTCC a couple of years ago, not sure if it still is.
Old 3 Aug 2021, 06:59 (Ref:4065030)   #2280
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The different expressions from drivers were used a couple of seasons back in Formula E.

Sam Bird's grumpy disappointed face was hilarious
Old 3 Aug 2021, 14:18 (Ref:4065116)   #2281
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It might be Formula E I’m thinking of (or it could be more than one), I saw Monaco this year.
Old 3 Aug 2021, 14:39 (Ref:4065123)   #2282
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
FE did it, although seems to have stopped the last few races. WEC is doing it now too.
Old 3 Aug 2021, 15:12 (Ref:4065130)   #2283
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau2 View Post
I think this was done in the BTCC a couple of years ago, not sure if it still is.
Really? I don't recall hearing any crowd reaction over Tim Harvey talking about Dan Cammish
Old 3 Aug 2021, 15:34 (Ref:4065134)   #2284
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
That's because they don't care, they just concentrate on the race more than the comments
Old 3 Aug 2021, 15:34 (Ref:4065135)   #2285
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I think it was a reference to the on screen profile picture graphics, not the canned cheering.
Old 3 Aug 2021, 16:01 (Ref:4065147)   #2286
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Oh right. Have to say I do enjoy modern day graphics. Helps enhance the viewing enjoyment
Old 3 Aug 2021, 16:08 (Ref:4065149)   #2287
Beau2
Racer

Yes, I was referring to the driver 'emotion' videos that broadcasters show during some incidents. We should have them in F1. I think we all want to see a mini clip of Albon depressingly jumping in a simulator every time a Red Bull has an incident. He could look more deflated on each occasion.

Fwiw: I think it must have been Formula E but the BTCC had expressive videos too at some point.
Old 3 Aug 2021, 16:12 (Ref:4065154)   #2288
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
me as well. more graphics more info...works for me.

but in this day and age, there should be the possibility of personal optimization of the feed. given how many feeds there are now for subscribers this should be relatively easy to implement.

piping in crowd noise doesnt bother me but to be honest i just assumed the crowd noise was coming from different parts of the track.

all grandstands have jumbotrons so spectators there would be responding to events even if they dont have line of sight to the corner in question but i guess it makes more sense that they just used whatever recordings they did during covid/no fans.

personally, i would draw the line at fake car sounds/ever increasing number of gear shifts...thats would be too much imo but then again the line is different for everyone. i suspect some people at home love that racing movie sound effect. for them that is what racing is supposed to sound like.

using emojis and/or more augmented reality stuff is weird but it does benefit the younger audiences and they need to be encouraged to be more involved.

NFL got this right though by just offering an alternative feed/broadcast with all the kids/nickelodeon augmented reality stuff added. i will admit to watching it and while it got boring fast, it was amusing and i can see the appeal.

never going to please everyone, so why not offer more variety so that we can find what works best for our own tastes.

we have the technology!
Old 3 Aug 2021, 16:24 (Ref:4065160)   #2289
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like the Indy Car coverage when the US station goes to a break and we get the pictures with the sound but no commentary, I'd like the ability to be able to do this for the whole race.
Old 3 Aug 2021, 16:27 (Ref:4065162)   #2290
S griffin
Veteran

It’s nice that they are able to do that, so they don’t have to try to fit their ad break in with the US. Shame it’s hard to get Indycar coverage in the UK. If only there was some way to get a deal with a channel like ITV
Old 3 Aug 2021, 16:49 (Ref:4065166)   #2291
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's not difficult, you just need Sky Sport, simples.
Old 3 Aug 2021, 19:51 (Ref:4065193)   #2292
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
It's not difficult, you just need Sky Sport, simples.
Precisely, you don't get something for nothing in this world.
Old 3 Aug 2021, 20:00 (Ref:4065194)   #2293
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
schanche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
C4 all the way for me ?? Been impressed past two yrs with the coverage and only costs the license fee?
Old 3 Aug 2021, 20:20 (Ref:4065197)   #2294
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
But the Licence Fee only goes to the BBC, so C4 can't afford the live coverage.
Old 3 Aug 2021, 20:26 (Ref:4065200)   #2295
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
schanche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Correct but that’s all I’m paying and C4 doing a grand job!
Old 3 Aug 2021, 20:30 (Ref:4065201)   #2296
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
But it's not 'live'
Old 3 Aug 2021, 20:39 (Ref:4065203)   #2297
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Channel Four is 90% funded by ad revenue and a further 10% from the government (so UK taxpayers).

They can cover F1 by the sale of high value advertising slots.

This is all somewhat confused by the intent of HMG to privatise C4, because they're the one broadcaster that repeatedly asks awkward questions of the government. Of course, that's my opinion, and there are many more!
Old 4 Aug 2021, 16:46 (Ref:4065333)   #2298
Derwent
Racer

Derwent is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
The evening coverage is good because many of us will be at some motorsport event anyway in the afternoon.
If the C4 coverage is on while we are eating I have to switch the sound off and put the subtitles on. It's very clever but it does have problems with names which can be quite amusing, particularly the Hass driver called May Spin !
Old 4 Aug 2021, 17:13 (Ref:4065336)   #2299
Beau2
Racer

I enjoy the C4 coverage apart from Steve Jones. I find him useless and cringe-worthy, I know they play on this quite a bit as the awkwardness seems deliberate.
The recent skit with Verstappen was the best thing Steve Jones has done, keep him doing segments like that but not presenting.
Old 4 Aug 2021, 18:49 (Ref:4065349)   #2300
Derwent
Racer

Derwent is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau2 View Post
I enjoy the C4 coverage apart from Steve Jones. I find him useless and cringe-worthy, I know they play on this quite a bit as the awkwardness seems deliberate.
The recent skit with Verstappen was the best thing Steve Jones has done, keep him doing segments like that but not presenting.
Totally agree. I do wonder why on so many motoring programmes we have to have non motorsport people doing the presenting. The same with the dreadful Vernon Kay on Formula E. I wonder what the reaction would be if they put either of them as lead on Match of the Day?

Tags
pinks