Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 18 Feb 2005, 06:58 (Ref:1229043)   #1
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Harvick at it again

so the Gatorade duel at daytona has been run and won , some good exciting racing going on in the twin 125's but race 2 was overshadowd by Kevin harvick sopinning Jimmie Johnson and taking out a host of top runners including , Rusty Wallace , Joe nemechek and several others (7 overall I think)

all of the drivers were not impressed with kevin harvick who seemed to intentionally spin johnson coming onto the back straight , Nemechek was especially peeved off and let the world know what he thought as did Johnson.

So what should Nascar do about harvick ?????

should he banned or taken out the back and given a good flogging ???

btw he claims that johnson checked up and he just bumped him because of that , my view is I dont know either way but it didnt look good from harvicks point of view.

what should be done ?
Old 18 Feb 2005, 07:03 (Ref:1229046)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
aslo the video is available at www.nascar.com so if you missed it you can check it out
Old 18 Feb 2005, 10:32 (Ref:1229172)   #3
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I saw it.
Kevin Harvick was bumbing Jimmie Johnson in turn two. Harvick slide Johnson out, then spun him round.
Johnson ran onto the grass but recovered, then retired.
I think Harvick hit the wall, then that's what caused the big crash on the back strech.
I think Rusty retired after he hit Kevin on the back strech passing through the smoke, along with similar crashes.
Rather a nasty one.
Harvick was also unpopular with the fellow drivers with the incident.
I'm not certain on this but did Kevin bumb Jimmie on the exit?
Because you can't expect him not to be spun round when you do it in a turn.
I don't think he meant to take half the field out, just he made a mistake, perhaps doesn't have the talent.
He's been around in NASCAR for a few years now, should know when to tap, by now.
Old 18 Feb 2005, 14:11 (Ref:1229353)   #4
Magical Trevor
Veteran

United States
New Britain, CT; Local Track: Lime Rock
Magical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
He's been around in NASCAR for a few years now, should know when to tap, by now.
Exactly.
Harvick can be fairly good when he wants to be-but just was too bad this time. I sometimes found his cockiness funny or cool, but when he threw that water bottle at Nemechek after wrecking him I'm surprised he didn't come flying at him.

I felt so bad for Jimmie and Mark when I sawe they were nearly crying-and if Rusty knew what actually happened-whoo, there woulda been some penalties dealt

I'm also quite disappointed in the way NASCAR is "settling" a dispute that never existed-telling both Jimmie and Kevin to cool off or be suspended.

Johnson's comments may have been a bit harsh, but he was very emotional and I knew exactly where he was coming from.

We'll see how long it takes the #29 to go flying on Sunday
*Yes, I used to be RacerGuy2. You don't really think I'd stick with that name the whole time now did you? ;)
Old 19 Feb 2005, 02:04 (Ref:1229872)   #5
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First of all i am not a fan of Harvick. Even so, He races dumb quite frequently. I think it is time he ie dumped by RCR and replaced with a driver with more talent.
Old 19 Feb 2005, 21:39 (Ref:1230370)   #6
Jack Man
Racer

Canada
Mississauga Ont Canada
Jack Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree Muggle not. The man is a weapon out there. He's been suspended before for his on track antics and should be again. RCR could put a call out for a driver and have them lined up all the way around Daytona. They dumped R Gordon for wrecking more then finishing they should have got rid of their other headache at the same time.
Old 21 Feb 2005, 06:50 (Ref:1231127)   #7
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dale Earnhardt did this sort of thing regularly without censure.
Old 21 Feb 2005, 22:39 (Ref:1231907)   #8
1969MGCGTdriver
Racer

United States
Orlando, FL, USA
1969MGCGTdriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Johnson is a cry-baby (who likes to drive a loose car) and Harvick wants to drive like Earnhardt used to (without the talent). Hell, a loose car is a fast car to a certain extent. That being said, Johnson got loose just before Harvick got into him. Its a shame that some Fords and Dodges got involved in the little girls' mess.
Old 25 Feb 2005, 21:07 (Ref:1236113)   #9
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm a 48 fan but I guess we will never know if he ifted slightly or if Harvick blatantly hit him...it'll be great to see Harvick spun out just yards from the line at some point this year as there must be a list of drivers who will give it a go at some point!
Old 26 Feb 2005, 15:50 (Ref:1236664)   #10
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Personally, I'd like to know how Harvick can tell that Johnson lifted when he was about six inches off his back bumper. If only the person you've hit claims it's your fault, that's understandable, but when 6 or 7 drivers are saying it's your fault??? I can see their being some repercussions from this all through the season. I hope RCR have a big stock of spare bumpers, I have a feeling they'll need them.