Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 18 Apr 2018, 10:24 (Ref:3816321)   #101
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sorry but if you expect me to be in any way sad at the moss of a championship you are borderline naieve.

The boss of the series is being pursued by multiple companies for non payment of bills while at the same time trying to sue Subaru for jumping to the IMG launched series. Speed, and a few drivers have not been paid (why where they being paid in such a dead series anyway, to get them to show I imagine, stupid management decision).

And Subaru only jumped because everyone else did, so why isn't he pursuing Ford, VW and others?

The whole thing has been completely mismanaged for a while.

The teams will all move to IMG losing nothing, the tracks will likely lose out as they will have paid retainers to host rounds, but they might get that back?. But I doubt GRC employs tens of people that we have to feel sorry for. So

But expect sympathy? You must be joking, this series has been dying for a long time and Lydden simply tries to jump on a date they could charge ridiculous prices for to try and recoup the money they will lose coz WRX has gone to Crapperstone. Knowing they lost WRX they should cut their cloth accordingly. GRC was a big risk with the time of year etc.
Old 18 Apr 2018, 18:26 (Ref:3816408)   #102
toledo47
Rookie

toledo47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
the tracks will likely lose out as they will have paid retainers to host rounds, but they might get that back?
As far as I know, tracks don't pay GRC to come, GRC just rents all of the venues where they hold rounds. That is backed up by the fact that they still owe money to Thompson Speedway in Connecticut and Detroit. They owed the Ottawa people money but paid them after a negative article came out. Who knows what other venues that they may still owe...
Old 18 Apr 2018, 19:27 (Ref:3816418)   #103
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was talking about IMG wgho charge hosting fees.

I doubt GRC was ever big enough to do the same, but IMG did it from the start to make sure they would remove the existing tracks from the calendar that could not make enough money, and went to pointless places like Turkey, Argentina and a few others instead as they paid regardless. Then bailed utterly when the events made no money.

Good business is conning a tourism department out of a hosting fee, not looking after the existing venues and trying to et them or help them improve while dabbling in increasing tour footprint.