Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Closed Thread

Old 21 Nov 2017, 22:03 (Ref:3782085)   #61
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuntos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweak View Post
What about Russian Time, beaten ART the last 2 years and fighting with Prema and DAMS for the teams this year, no French guys there!!
Who was there then? Motopark? No. I-Sport? no more.
Old 22 Nov 2017, 17:33 (Ref:3782242)   #62
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpeebee2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
Because it's the F1 feeder series. He got to F1, got his chance, it didn't work out for him because he didn't shine. Now he's going back to the feeder series to what, try and get in F1 again?

Most drivers/teams see F2 as just a stepping stone, probably more than any other series. One that you don't stay in for your career.

It would be like if Anthony Joshua returned to the Olympics.
What about the likes of Grosjean and Glock etc?
Old 22 Nov 2017, 18:23 (Ref:3782248)   #63
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Because it's the F1 feeder series. He got to F1, got his chance, it didn't work out for him because he didn't shine. Now he's going back to the feeder series to what, try and get in F1 again?

Most drivers/teams see F2 as just a stepping stone, probably more than any other series. One that you don't stay in for your career.

It would be like if Anthony Joshua returned to the Olympics.
To be fair the Marussia was hardly a car to shine in was it. As for Merhi in F2, i think he is probably using it as an opportunity to keep his name out there, he has no financial backing as such so if Rapax come and ask him to drive for them why wouldn't he grab the chance?
Old 22 Nov 2017, 19:53 (Ref:3782263)   #64
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
What about the likes of Grosjean and Glock etc?
I don't think Glock had ever been in GP2 had he? He went from Porsche, F1 (only 4 races though), Cart then GP2. So his move to return to GP2 was odd but he made up for it winning the title in his 2nd season.

Grosjean did the same, a season of GP2, called up to F1 for just 7 races to partner Fred Alonso. Didn't perform and honestly how could he with Alonso as his team mate! Alonso makes everyone look slow. Stepped back down to win Auto GP then dominated GP2 the next season.

In hindsight, they both returned and won it so it was the right move for them. Although on the other hand it could be said both were overquaified for Gp2 at that point, and both winning the titles was proof to that.

Even if he ends up winning the F2 title next year, I don't think he has any chance of returning to F1. Grosjean I think did. But maybe he knows that and just wants to race single seaters. If he has no budget then good on him I suppose.
Old 23 Nov 2017, 03:09 (Ref:3782349)   #65
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpeebee2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I don't think Glock had ever been in GP2 had he? He went from Porsche, F1 (only 4 races though), Cart then GP2.
So, very similar to Roberto then.
Old 23 Nov 2017, 12:28 (Ref:3782424)   #66
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I don't think Glock had ever been in GP2 had he? He went from Porsche, F1 (only 4 races though), Cart then GP2. So his move to return to GP2 was odd but he made up for it winning the title in his 2nd season.
I think you're being pedantic, obviously he means stepping back to feeder series single seaters after being in F1. Before he went to F1 he did Euro F3
Old 24 Nov 2017, 08:46 (Ref:3782596)   #67
JD Media
Racer

Netherlands
Zandvoort
JD Media should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dutch TV made a report today that Nyck de Vries will be driving for Prema next year as Geleal's teammate... Not confirmed on internet yet, but that should be a good move for De Vries
Old 24 Nov 2017, 13:47 (Ref:3782631)   #68
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Kiribati
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Media View Post
Dutch TV made a report today that Nyck de Vries will be driving for Prema next year as Geleal's teammate... Not confirmed on internet yet, but that should be a good move for De Vries
Could be brilliant for him! Hope he could be a title contender next year.
Old 24 Nov 2017, 22:19 (Ref:3782742)   #69
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuntos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekola View Post
Could be brilliant for him! Hope he could be a title contender next year.
Confirmed.
Where is Fuoco going now?
Old 25 Nov 2017, 03:31 (Ref:3782821)   #70
AkioAsakura95
Veteran

AkioAsakura95 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAkioAsakura95 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
Confirmed.
Where is Fuoco going now?
@Juntos
Perhaps he will participate WEC either LMP2 or GTE-Pro with Ferrari. Or even he can participate DTM race with other manufacturer (Especially BMW or Audi)

Speaking about Ferrari Driver Academy in F2 , Callum Ilott will takeover his seat as the new Ferrari Driver Academy in F2.
Old 25 Nov 2017, 05:29 (Ref:3782830)   #71
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the podium!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the podium!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the podium!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the podium!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the podium!
According to F1-Stinger website,
Nirei Fukuzumi will drive Arden car at F2 test after Abu Dhabi race.
And Tadasuke Makino will drive Russian time car at that test.
Fukuzumi will participate in Super Formula from team Mugen in addition to Formula 2 activity next season.
Nobuharu Matsushita will back to Japan, and participate in Super Formula.
http://f1-stinger2.com/f1_news/20171...makinojapanese
Old 25 Nov 2017, 06:11 (Ref:3782835)   #72
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkioAsakura95 View Post
@Juntos
Perhaps he will participate WEC either LMP2 or GTE-Pro with Ferrari. Or even he can participate DTM race with other manufacturer (Especially BMW or Audi)

Speaking about Ferrari Driver Academy in F2 , Callum Ilott will takeover his seat as the new Ferrari Driver Academy in F2.
Ilott much more likely GP3.
Old 25 Nov 2017, 08:52 (Ref:3782866)   #73
AkioAsakura95
Veteran

AkioAsakura95 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAkioAsakura95 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Ilott much more likely GP3.
@peebee2

Thanks you for your opinion, then I guess Giuliano Alesi will replaced Fuoco for the Ferrari Driver Academy F2 seat.

How about your opinion?
Old 25 Nov 2017, 09:17 (Ref:3782871)   #74
peebee2
Veteran

Maybe, but he would be down the back imo and it depends how much his Dad wants to spend. I’d think more likely GP3 again
Old 25 Nov 2017, 10:39 (Ref:3782885)   #75
AkioAsakura95
Veteran

Quote:
Maybe, but he would be down the back imo and it depends how much his Dad wants to spend. I’d think more likely GP3 again
Oh I see.

@peebee2

By the way , I think Fuoco can continue to participate F2 , that because he have the sponsor which is Kaspersky Internet Security and he also a Ferrari Young Driver Program. But for Ghiotto I think is very hard to secure the F2 seat for the next season. Perhaps Markelov and Latifi can secure the seat at least next season due to the good championship result for Markelov while Latifi granted the Renault F1 seat as the test driver. If Sergey Sirotkin is transfer to Williams racing as the test and reserved driver then he also can secure as the reserved driver as well.

Do you agree?
How about your opinion?
Closed Thread